• ! ! ! IMPORTANT MESSAGE ! ! !

Discussions about police investigations

In light of recent developments about a player from Premier League being arrested and until there is an official announcement, ALL users should refrain from discussing or speculating about situations around personal off-pitch matters related to any Arsenal player. This is to protect you and the forum.

Users who disregard this reminder will be issued warnings and their posts will get deleted from public.

Zel Time has come

Status
Not open for further replies.

eye4goal

Established Member
I'd like to see how he does against the Japanese teams. Indonesia and Vietnam are similar standard to Barnet really. His final ball is seriously impressive it has to be said, and that's something we really lack at the moment. I get the feeling this generation of youngsters is better educated than the ones we had before

oh to be a goon

Enfield said:
oh to be a goon said:
Enfield said:
Amazing how good this guy is.

We scored 7 goals both times he played this season, as they say in the states ‘You do the math’.
I think he is going to be the greatest ever.

In fact I heard from someone that he is the reason that we aren’t buying anyone this season.

I think he will be WPOTY in 2014.

He's played 90 minutes, we've scored 10 goals :lol:

Jesus thats some math. I'm not doing it anymore, the yanks should change their saying to 'oh to be a goon do the math'

lol, wasn't ripping you down. You brought up the amount we had scored, so I just thought to myself, "how many have we scored with him actually on the pitch? Holy! 10!"

jones

Captain Serious
Trusted ⭐
Sydney Gooner said:
jones said:
yuvken said:
Missed the game today, what happened? how was our extremely hyped no good Zellington?

Composed performance, made a few great passes. Gave a brilliant pre-assist to Akpom's 2nd for the 5-0, kid has great vision and serious end product for someone who's just 16. If he develops at a decent rate and/or has no major setbacks he'll be a starter for the first team in due time, have virtually no doubts about it.

Jones would you happen to know how good Zel is compared to other German prospects in the same age group?

Sorry, don't really have any insight to how the U 16 or U 15 teams do in general. The few known guys that are considered talents are nowhere near his level, even the youngest and most hyped up prodigies who make it to the fringes of their respective first teams like Goretzka or Stendera are all more than a year older.

run

Sydney Gooner said:
jones said:
yuvken said:
Missed the game today, what happened? how was our extremely hyped no good Zellington?

Composed performance, made a few great passes. Gave a brilliant pre-assist to Akpom's 2nd for the 5-0, kid has great vision and serious end product for someone who's just 16. If he develops at a decent rate and/or has no major setbacks he'll be a starter for the first team in due time, have virtually no doubts about it.

Jones would you happen to know how good Zel is compared to other German prospects in the same age group?

He may not actually BE a German prospect. He has trained with their National Team's youth setup BUT...

According to the Washington Post (which profiled him during his Freshman year in High School, just after his Trial w/ the Arse) he's also played with the US Under 15s, and is seeking US citizenship.

I like G a lot right now, but I'll LOVE him if he plays for the US.

Enfield

Established Member
Enfield said:
oh to be a goon said:
Enfield said:
Amazing how good this guy is.

We scored 7 goals both times he played this season, as they say in the states ‘You do the math’.
I think he is going to be the greatest ever.

In fact I heard from someone that he is the reason that we aren’t buying anyone this season.

I think he will be WPOTY in 2014.

He's played 90 minutes, we've scored 10 goals :lol:

Jesus thats some math. I'm not doing it anymore, the yanks should change their saying to 'oh to be a goon do the math'

lol, wasn't ripping you down. You brought up the amount we had scored, so I just thought to myself, "how many have we scored with him actually on the pitch? Holy! 10!"[/quote]

I appreciate you weren't ripping me down (another phrase going into my vocab), I should have put a smiley face after my post but those things just annoy me tbh.

When you get a chance can you take a look at my domestic bills and do some more math...

evoh_1

Established Member
Every year the new Fabreags the new wilshere the new pires the new this and that and the reality is you are lucky to get one player every 2 years who makes it into the arsenal first team from the academy. Alot of these players WILL fall by the wayside by definition and its not going to break the trend just because we think it is different this time.

Yes Gnabry, Zelalem, Olsson, Bellerin, Eisfeld and Akpom are talented, but so were all the others before them and it more often than not doesn't work out for various reasons. I'd wait for you to see the players perform in a league cup match before we claim how talents and how fantastic their final ball and control is as this and the U-21 level is still not a go reference point even if the player is playing up age groups.

evoh_1

Established Member
yuvken said:
The only problem with the "jam tomorrow" way of thinking is if it comes on the account of doing our best today. We seem to be (getting) out of the dark now - is it even relevant if the first team is good?
"in a few years more money...etc" - well, we do. yoopi. Things fall into place.
If there's a paradise for a football club, it is when you know it's aiming for the top right now, and still building the next wave. If you don't, you know the fall is imminent.

Thing is we are still jamming for tomorrow, just like were were with building the houses which were supposed to step us right back into the top level years ago then it was judge we at the end of this and that and we are still not actually seeing real progress yet apart from alot of bluster. To that end Ivan is still talking about £300 mil in revenue in "the next few years" and how that will put us on a par with Bayern Munich (if bayern's revenues just stand still from this year) and we will compete then, that is still jam tomorrow for me. Our outlook generally seems to work on the basis that everything else stands still while we catch up, while the likely situation in that they press on as well and we don't close that gap or overtake any of these clubs we are mooted to be able to compete with in the future.

On from that point we can't say that we are building for the future on a base of being highly competitive at first team level as we are miles behind the winners over the last few years so that is the thing fans and the club should be focusing energy on. Looking into the reserves and pulling out this and that prospect who look to have the ability to beat the world is great but I can guarantee you there are equally good prospects at a number of clubs yet hardly any of them are actually going to make it to the state that they are hyped up to.

Cruisio

Established Member
evoh_1 said:
Every year the new Fabreags the new wilshere the new pires the new this and that and the reality is you are lucky to get one player every 2 years who makes it into the arsenal first team from the academy. Alot of these players WILL fall by the wayside by definition and its not going to break the trend just because we think it is different this time.

Yes Gnabry, Zelalem, Olsson, Bellerin, Eisfeld and Akpom are talented, but so were all the others before them and it more often than not doesn't work out for various reasons. I'd wait for you to see the players perform in a league cup match before we claim how talents and how fantastic their final ball and control is as this and the U-21 level is still not a go reference point even if the player is playing up age groups.

I agree with you that there is a lot of unwarranted hype in regards to our youngsters that when I see them play I just don't get it

However I DO think Zelalem and Eisfield will make it and turn into very good players from what i've seen. Not convinced on the rest but 2 from an age group is still pretty good

pikey2000

To be honest I don't see much first team game time for any of our young crop this season.

We seem to put out stronger teams in the league cup now through our need to win a trophy so we might see 2 or 3 players mixed in with our squad players but its certainly not going to be the number of youth players we used to see getting game time.

GunnerBP

Established Member
Trusted ⭐
Our squad depth will make it really hard for any of these guys to make the break though with us this season, but it is really encouraging to see that most of them don't look out of place in the first team.

Right now we have about five players -- Gnabry, Eisfeld, Zelalem, Olsson,& Aneke -- who should be ready for loans to Championship or EPL teams and this is encouraging.

I can most of these players training with the first team for half of the season and going on loan for the second half.

Hopefully by next season they'll be able to challenge for a first team spot.

Right now I'm just enjoying watching them play during pre-season and imagining what we could have if they all keep progressing.

akhil

Eisfeld and Gnabry need loans. Too good at the U21 level already. Zelalem is 16, he can stay in reserves for another couple of years while he physically fills out. Campbell and Wellington getting work permits may mean they stay with us this year, Wellington especially, Campbell may still go out on loan. Don't know where Ryo fits in all this, think he may stay if forehead is sold.

We have 4 wide players for potentially one spot as a 5th choice in the first team. This doesn't even include players like Yennaris , Aneke, Frimpong who need first team games as well.

oh to be a goon

[quote="Enfield] I appreciate you weren't ripping me down (another phrase going into my vocab), I should have put a smiley face after my post but those things just annoy me tbh.

When you get a chance can you take a look at my domestic bills and do some more math...[/quote]

Well in that case the actual phrase is "ripping into you".... or "rip into you", something like that. Its a really weird phrase now that i think about it lol

Also, why are you so impressed by my math skills? I could have used a calculator for all you know

kofigunner

Established Member
Trusted ⭐
akhil said:
Campbell and Wellington getting work permits may mean they stay with us this year, Wellington especially, Campbell may still go out on loan. Don't know where Ryo fits in all this, think he may stay if forehead is sold.
Didn't realise that Wellington gotten his work permit, interesting. Just saw it here as well
http://www.onlinegooner.com/forum/viewtopic.php?f=1&t=36003&p=844075
Must've missed it on the Reserves thread.

Therapy Inc

If we don't sign another striker, Campbell is probably going to get some serious looks in the first-team. The kid has got load of ability and ideally I'd like him to be competing with Sanogo for Carling Cup time but if we're not signing another striker, Campbell, Sanogo, and Podolski are now competing for Giroud's backup - which is slightly less than ideal.

jmsmtthw28

Established Member
Trusted ⭐
<a class="postlink" href="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Ib7It9zPhZI" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;">http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Ib7It9zPhZI</a>
Only his through balls

Hunta

Established Member
Trusted ⭐

What a pass for Theo's goal, this lad is ****ing phenomenal.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom