• ! ! ! IMPORTANT MESSAGE ! ! !

Discussions about police investigations

In light of recent developments about a player from Premier League being arrested and until there is an official announcement, ALL users should refrain from discussing or speculating about situations around personal off-pitch matters related to any Arsenal player. This is to protect you and the forum.

Users who disregard this reminder will be issued warnings and their posts will get deleted from public.

Zezinho

Raider

Established Member
Well once again according to the youngguns website we've had a bid accepted for the young Brazilian.

<a class="postlink" href="http://youngguns.wordpress.com/2010/01/01/zezinho-poses-with-arsenal-shirt-after-bid-accepted/" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;">http://youngguns.wordpress.com/2010/01/ ... -accepted/</a>
Following confirmation of the signing of Fluminense forward Wellington Silva, Arsenal are hot the heels of their second Brazilian, with Silva’s international team-mate Zézinho also being lined up for a move to North London.

His club side Juventude have rejected a number of bids from Arsenal but they finally succumbed to increase pressure and accepted an offer in December. However, a change of board has seen President Sergio Florian wait until January to decide whether to sanction the transfer. A group of European investors have also had an offer accepted meaning it will be a two-way fight.

The exciting left-footed winger is already a regular for the Serie ‘B’ outfit but his days are numbered. It’s almost certain that his current employers will not fully own their prize asset by the end of the January window. Zézinho only signed a new deal recently but his club manager expects him to leave, with an improved bid set to come to secure the transfer for Arsenal shortly.

“The last contact from Arsenal was about 20 days ago. I think they are waiting until January, when the transfer window opens and the Head of Arsenal Youth will make an improved bid. For now, there is nothing new.”

A skilful, diminutive but strong attacking winger, Zézinho spent two weeks on trial a year ago, and since then he’s gone on to be a key part of the Brazil youth lineup and for Juventude’s first team. A transfer should be concluded shortly.

Klaus Daimler

Established Member
Re: Have we signed Zezinho....

However, a change of board has seen President Sergio Florian wait until January to decide whether to sanction the transfer. A group of European investors have also had an offer accepted meaning it will be a two-way fight.
I guess it will be determined in january then.

kofigunner

Established Member
Trusted ⭐

Another one for the future anyways since he wouldn't be able to join us till he turns 18 in March.

Raider

Established Member

Buying youth brazilians is never a bad thing... long may it continue.

In that article it states he spent some time with us on a trial period last season.

As far as the Wellington signing, he too spent time on a trial period.

If possible, does anybody know of any others that have come on trial in the past 12months?

M+D

Established Member

This is the article that the Young Guns story has come from: Link

Apparently the President will talk to Zezinho's agent this week.

truth_hurts

but Holding’s hair transplant was painless

Young attacker who can play wide - hardly what we need is it?

Klaus Daimler

Established Member

Pretty much impossible to tell at this stage what we might need in five or six years.

viper_001

Established Member

<a class="postlink" href="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=TY5zFhicImI" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;">http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=TY5zFhicImI</a>

The only clip of him I can find on youtube. A great prospect that will only improve in the 2 seasons he'll inevitably spend in Spain.

taylor314gh

maybe he is coming, but that pic is easy to fake. Like you guys said, he will be in spain for a few years before we ever see him, so another one for the future

dbig

He could get one of those special talent visas like Denilson. It's easier for Brazilians to get them because their NT is ranked so highly (IIRC).

IBL

Established Member

great name, cant wait for him to score and hear us amateur commentators go
"Zezinnnnnnnnhhhhhhhhhhhhhooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooo"

truth_hurts

Klaus Daimler said:
Pretty much impossible to tell at this stage what we might need in five or six years.

Yes it is but Vela, Wilshere, Theo amongst others seems like overkill to me. Especially when you consider our formation. At what level(s) has he represented brazil for?

USArsenal

H.Y.I.C.

U17 i believe.. was on the team that won the SA championship this past year

apparently he was sent off in back to back games for Juventude this summer, so he's got a little bit of petulant attitude to go along with his skills

truth_hurts

Okay thanks USA. I'm not in a position to argue the guys quality as i've never seen him but this transfer doesn't excite me at all.

USArsenal

H.Y.I.C.

i really know nothing much about him TBH. got bags of talent from what i read, but havent seen him play other than his nice shot for Jvtd.

Top Bottom