• ! ! ! IMPORTANT MESSAGE ! ! !

Discussions about police investigations

In light of recent developments about a player from Premier League being arrested and until there is an official announcement, ALL users should refrain from discussing or speculating about situations around personal off-pitch matters related to any Arsenal player. This is to protect you and the forum.

Users who disregard this reminder will be issued warnings and their posts will get deleted from public.

Zidane - His Career and That Headbutt

Art_4

That head butt is only a small black dot, on his Illustrious career. It was part of Italys tactic to get zidane off the field, he is the heart and soul of that French squad, it demoralized them. I dont think it was fair, to see this living legend walk out this way. But overall, He is the best french player to date.

kooldawg

Established Member
Zizou is a great player, and personally if it was me on the pitch i would have done more than a head butt. The Italians knew prety well that Zizou is especially vulnerable to attacks about his ethnicity and religion. If you look at his history when he was a youth footballer in France, he used to get into fights all the time with people who insulted him and his ethnicity.

In my opinion it was a calculated statement by materazzi to demoralize France and force a good penalty taker to be red carded. Materazzi basically won the world cup for France by having Zidane sent off, (he did also score that tied the game :p)

I salute Zidane and his efforts for France and personally i dont really care about the headbutt incident, it hasn't diminished his qualities as a player to me and he will still be remembered for his skills and as one of the best footballers of this generation.

cesc18

he still will be one of the all time greats
no one still knows what materazzi said
he has done such things before i remember france 98
but he is one of my favourite players along with bergkamp
both class players
i do hope if materazzi has said something racist he should get punished big time

junialum

This thread was to appreciate him for his great achievements. :)

I'll start things rolling:

That wonderful volley for Real in the CL.

Jameel46

Established Member
zidane is one of the best players of all time, the best since Pele and maradona without a doubt, and my favourite player of all time.

as for the headbutt, i feel more sorry for zidane than materazzi, zidane was provoked by materazzi and zidane reacted. you could say he ended his career in disgrace or you could say he ended his career by standing up for himself.

will always be remembered for that headbutt

in ten years time
"remember how good zidane was"
" oh yh he got sent off in the wc final in his last match for ahead butt didnt he!"

conversation moves on!

which is a shame because he did have moments of brilliance he was a class player! he wont return though he is finished! feel sorry for him in a way though! but when he did do that headbutt i luahged so hard it hurt :lol:

BigBoss

It is not sure that some people will continue to blame him though...How many people blame maradona's goal with his hand????

ZanYGooneR

I agree I think Zidane is one of the best in the last 10 years, as I personally think Ronaldo is the best player I have seen in the last 10 years. But about the headbutt, I don't think it can be excused on a football pitch in a world cup final. I do however, fully understand why he did it if what Matarazzi said is true. If it is true then FIFA surely have to act against Materazzi.

junialum

Zidane is the best for me in the last 10 years. Perfect ball control, great passes / dribbles and a wickedly powerful shot. Scores in the box, outside the box and also from freekicks. Brilliant heading ability as well.

In other words, Complete Player.

chandraraj

zidane is the best. I'll forget the head-butt and remember him for all the fantastic moments.

zidane should be remembered for his magic not for the madness!

Top Bottom