• ! ! ! IMPORTANT MESSAGE ! ! !

Discussions about police investigations

In light of recent developments about a player from Premier League being arrested and until there is an official announcement, ALL users should refrain from discussing or speculating about situations around personal off-pitch matters related to any Arsenal player. This is to protect you and the forum.

Users who disregard this reminder will be issued warnings and their posts will get deleted from public.

Zidane retires from international football

JazzG

Established Member
Zidane quits

Well he won it all with France and for many years now has given great service to his country. I'm sure he will be missed not only by French fans but fans of football who saw his dazzling skills.

Sammer

Established Member
Sad to see him quitting the national squad as he still has the capabilities to play football on the highest level.

I wonder if the new coach is going to go for MICOUD...brianfrance?!

Anyway, his skills will be missed, but it´s better for him to quit while he is still playing on the highest level instead of holding on for too long.

KoLo28

Good call sammer, will be missed but better he left now rather than hanging around for too long.

tox

Im surprised and dissapointed he didn't stick around for the next world cup.

Jinn

Established Member
France now have nothing stopping them from playing like Arsenal - if they can get the right players.

Sad to see him leave international football though - he's kept us entertained for many years. It's much easier to be a fan of his when he's not wearing the Real Madr*d white!

Sammer

Established Member
tox said:
Im surprised and dissapointed he didn't stick around for the next world cup.

You tell me...I would have loved to watch him play in Germany in the WC 2006 :D

JazzG

Established Member
France's time is up now, all their great players are gone and Henry and Vieira have never performed at their best for them.

Zidane wasn't just a great player but a great person from what I could see. Kept his private life private and was a soft spoken person infront of the camera, not arrogent either. This is why I respect him so much.

ozgooner

JazzG said:
France's time is up now, all their great players are gone and Henry and Vieira have never performed at their best for them.

Zidane wasn't just a great player but a great person from what I could see. Kept his private life private and was a soft spoken person infront of the camera, not arrogent either. This is why I respect him so much.

this might now be the time for henry to step up higher on the international scene. he should take over the free kicks and penalties now which will give him more influence on the games

JazzG

Established Member
He will never have the same influence as Zidane on the team, he was a once in a lifetime type player and they don't come along very often. He will however to assume a lot more responsibility on the team

Henry IV

Zidane is a masterful player. He lifted that entire French team to great glories. They'll miss him badly. I'll always remember his fantastic stepovers and dragbacks in Euro 2000 and that bullet free-kick against England in Euro 2004. The time has come for the French mananger to rebuild that team around Henry and Vieira. France do have lots of great talent coming through.

n_henry

:(

It's a shame he's retired after two poor competitions from France. But he's a legend, and will definitely not be forgotten. He's up there (or will be) with Maradonna and Pele as true greats of the game..

So, with him gone, Vieira and Henry can step up. Let's hope they do - Henry in particular has been a bit disappointing for France, but I think it's because the team was always centered around Zidane...

USArsenal

H.Y.I.C.
http://story.news.yahoo.com/news?tmpl=s ... _zidane_dc

if you look at THIS article, note the last paragraph.... Auxerre manager Guy Roux is all pissed off at ZZ now because he retired from international footy... he thinks players should be available for callup until they retire from the game altogether...

no offence Guy, but who the f*ck cares what you think?? its NOT up to the coach of a team that doesnt pay their players whether or not the players will play, its up to the players...

that statement by him made me lose a little respect for him.... i normally liked him.. but i think he way out of line for a comment like that.....

thegame24

Established Member
I reckon France will be better now, well better than they were in Euro.

However, once Pires goes aswell then they may be doomed, cause thats two quality playmaking players leaving at the same time.

Giuly might be good enough though.

thegame24

Established Member
Seriously, Henry can now be the main player for the team now.

He was only allowed to be the main player once during the Euro and that was Vs the Swis, what does he do? score 2 goals.

Also Confeds cup, he was able to play more like himself.

Zidane WAS a great player but he cant carry a team and he proved that in the Euro, he was always given the ball but he didnt manage to set up 1 goal i think.

Now France can concentrate on being a fast team instead of slowing down play with Zidane.

======Henry Saha

Pires Clichy Vieira Giuly

Evra? Gallas Mexes/Thuram Mendi

Now that is a team that can cause damage.

Pace and Power.

brianfrance

Established Member
thegame24 said:
Seriously, Henry can now be the main player for the team now.

He was only allowed to be the main player once during the Euro and that was Vs the Swis, what does he do? score 2 goals.

Also Confeds cup, he was able to play more like himself.

Zidane WAS a great player but he cant carry a team and he proved that in the Euro, he was always given the ball but he didnt manage to set up 1 goal i think.

Now France can concentrate on being a fast team instead of slowing down play with Zidane.

======Henry Saha

Pires Clichy Vieira Giuly

Evra? Gallas Mexes/Thuram Mendi

Now that is a team that can cause damage.

Pace and Power.

LOL What a team !
Thuram as zizou retires from international football
Cissé is ahead of Saha
And Pedretti will be one of the skippers, so Clichy isn't ahead and probably will never be.
Clichy can have his place at Left back, and also that's not for the moment. Evra is always on the starting lineup of Monaco (CL final last year, do you remember?)

And without Zizou , we just have lost the best player in world. That's nothing :roll:

Gooner_Milton

Man to be respected.

Personally I think he's France's greatest player easily eclipsing his nearest rival and predecessor Michel Platini. Whoever is replacing him as France's playmaker has huge size 18 boots to fill.

Vieira to be named Captain of course....wonder how long it'll be before he Captains Real Madrid. :|

thegame24

Established Member
I forgot about Cisse, isnt he liked banned for France? anyway if he impresses in the Prem then yea put him in.

Clichy is better than Pedretti too, i think pedretti is too skinny he can get bullied way to easy.

Zidane is not the best player in the world, anyone who saw him play last year would know that.

Nedved, Henry, Ronaldinho, Kaka, Ronaldo, Totti

For me were all better players

Note Henry, Henry is French so you havnt lost the best player in the world. :)

brianfrance

Established Member
Clichy better than Pedretti. How many matches with Pedretti have you seen to say that ?? Maybe more than me, because with the only 20/25 matches I've seen last season, I think Pedretti is really better!
Cissé was banned 4 matches, not 4 years!
And zizou's wolrd best (as gooner_milton said, better than Platini, who already was a genius of playmaker)

Latest posts

Top Bottom