• ! ! ! IMPORTANT MESSAGE ! ! !

Discussions about police investigations

In light of recent developments about a player from Premier League being arrested and until there is an official announcement, ALL users should refrain from discussing or speculating about situations around personal off-pitch matters related to any Arsenal player. This is to protect you and the forum.

Users who disregard this reminder will be issued warnings and their posts will get deleted from public.

Zizzou is back!!!

• Thread starter Anonymous
  • Start date
  • Replies 40
  • Views 3,212

brianfrance

Established Member
Yep stats speak for themselves : zizou never made an assist for titi, titi only made 1 assist for zizou (against ukrain just before euro 04 I believe)
But Zizou played left midfielder under santini - now it seems he'll play central, where he's better. We may see the same tactic than in 98 : 3 defensive midfielder including a central one, the key (deschamps-->>makelele), zizou as playmaker, 1 free forward, 1 fox in the box. I think its the better solution, we should stop saying we have the best striking force in the world, and play in a defensive style. We won the world cup with that after all...

S_McKenzie

this would be a great line up:

coupet
sagnol tutu gallas abidal
pedretti make pat
Ziz
wiltord henry
(trez is off for 2 matches i think ??) and bobby has some problems with raymond
:evil:

A

Anonymous

THURAM is back for france as well. Just annoncued that he wants to return. Heard rumours in the French press that Michelle Platini is to make an announcement regarding his return to the French national team as well!..:)

Thuram Makele Zidane Platini..all stars..

chamouz

zizou ...zizou... zizou... anyway we'll not have to wait too long to see if this awesome comeback worth it or not as France have a good test match again yvory coast ... he he cant wait :shock:

;D ;D

A

Anonymous

PARIS, Aug 8 (Reuters) - Zinedine Zidane says a mysterious voice inspired his decision to play for France again.

"One night, at three in the morning, I woke up suddenly and then, I talked to someone," Zidane tells French magazine France Football in an interview to be released on Tuesday.

"It's a mystery, don't try, you will not find (who that person was)," he added.

"It's somebody you will probably never meet. I can't explain that encounter myself.

"That person really exists but it all comes from very far. And then, during the hours that followed, I took the decision to come back".

Zidane decided last week to resume playing for France to help them in their struggle to qualify for the 2006 World Cup.

The three-times World Player of the Year, who won the World Cup in 1998 and the European championship two years later, had announced his retirement from international football after Euro 2004.

The 33-year-old's comeback decision came as surprise after he had said several times over the past few months that he would not change his mind.

"I was dumbfounded before that force that was guiding my behaviour and I had something of a revelation," Zidane told France Football.

"I suddenly wanted to go back to the roots, to my debut in professional football, when I was nobody, when nobody knew me and when I could quietly learn my trade and grow up.

"I felt like recapturing all that and an irrepressible force seized me then. I had to obey to that voice that was giving me advice".

kel varnsen

Established Member
in the short term, this is good. zidane is still magnificent and in his best moments the best footballer in the world. however, france needs to move on. they can't cling on to zidane forever.

AFCG7

Established Member
I'm sure that is an error.. there woud have been a lot more press if Pires was recalled.

merlin777

S_McKenzie said:
this would be a great line up:

coupet
sagnol tutu gallas abidal
pedretti make pat
Ziz
wiltord henry
(trez is off for 2 matches i think ??) and bobby has some problems with raymond
:evil:

Oh please, not Pedretti in the french team, but Vikash Dhorasoo (PSG), who is so much better!

qs

Established Member
Zidane, Makalele, Thuram, bring them all back they still wont beat Ireland next month.

qs

Established Member
brianfrance, I seriously doubt it. France(much like England) dont work as a unit. Ireland dont have the quality France do but we play better as a team. We got an easy draw in Paris as long as Robbie Keanes back fit France wont win. Oh and when they dont win they wont qualify either. Which is a shame cos I like the french team.

brianfrance

Established Member
I disagree, we play well as a team with Makélélé-Zizou central combo.
Please remember Mavuba was on the XI against you in paris. Mavuva and Makélélé are...mmm...not very similar :lol: Mavuba's crap. Furthermore, our CB pairing was Givet-Squilacci I believe. Now we may start with Thuram-Boumsong or Thuram-Gallas. Another story as well...
And with a 3 man midfield, Vieira-Dhorasoo-Makélélé (the one we would have seen if paddy wasn't injured on wednesday) we have defensive skills, and creativity with dhorasoo. We'll eat you there. And thierry as a lone striker will be very annoying for the irish defenders, as he moves for 90 minutes. Giuly will be back on the right as well. If sagnol isnt injured, he'll give you a hard time on the right and his crosses are ****ing excellent.
My opinion is that we'll beat you. I fear really more the swiss than you, no offense mate.

Latest posts+

Top Bottom