• ! ! ! IMPORTANT MESSAGE ! ! !

Discussions about police investigations

In light of recent developments about a player from Premier League being arrested and until there is an official announcement, ALL users should refrain from discussing or speculating about situations around personal off-pitch matters related to any Arsenal player. This is to protect you and the forum.

Users who disregard this reminder will be issued warnings and their posts will get deleted from public.

Zlatan Ibrahimovic Retires

Dokaka

AM's resident Hammer
Best strikers of the last 25 years, in no order, better than Zlatz - Henry, Rooney, Suarez, Kano, Benz, Aguero etc.

He was better than Kane IMO. Not by much, but they're somewhat similar in how they play and I think Zlatan did it at higher levels for several seasons.

If nothing else, he was definitely more entertaining.

2Smokeyy

5.0 ⭐️⭐️⭐️⭐️⭐️ (49)
Trusted ⭐

Best strikers of the last 25 years, in no order, better than Zlatz - Henry, Rooney, Suarez, Kano, Benz, Aguero etc.

Don’t buy the “top 3”, or generational stuff.

Could argue he’s off field persona/character added to his profile.

Was a good striker though.

Would have Drogba over Ibrahimovic too. Absolute animal and was always fearful when we came up against him.

When the lights shine the brightest, Didier doesn’t hide.

sergio_giorgini

Dying on Mt.Neymar Hill
no-nope.gif

Ever the humble one is our Mario.
Yeah cba with all that so fair play professor.

Think he’s underrated because of how much he jumped around.

Ajax, Juve, Inter then Barcelona, back to Milan but for the red and black half then onto PSG.

All this was within the span of like 8 years :lol:

Got unlucky with Calciopoli and teams winning Champions Leagues. right after he left.

He was definitely top 5 in the world for my personal ratings for a couple of years.

Lazy fockerr.

sergio_giorgini

Dying on Mt.Neymar Hill
I can do Benzema:

Played as a pseudo-False 9, being a creative focal point for their goal scoring wingers when Ronaldo was there. Showed his incredible all-around game, but people started to doubt his goal scoring ability.

Ronaldo leaves, and Benzema steps up and becomes THE man up front, and what does he do? Drags Real Madrid to another ****ing CL trophy, flanked by youth players on either side of him, doing everything up front. The post-Ronaldo era of Benzema really turned me around on him. I thought he was very good, but he proved after Ronaldo left that he was genuinely world class.

He's basically the French Wayne Rooney with a lot more longevity.

He’s really nothing like Rooney. But good effort, lad.

B+.

sergio_giorgini

Dying on Mt.Neymar Hill

Oh come off it brav.

He’s well ahead of Rooney, Kane and Aguero.

CaseUteinberger

Established Member

I tend to agree and I am Swedish. Think Zlatan is a bit overrated to be fair. Tremendous player, but not sure how good he was for his teams. And for the Swedish national team he came 3-5 years too late. We could have used him in the 2002 WC. He was just getting into the team but was too unproven still. Overall one hell of a player though. Made some weird and spectacular goals. First time I saw him play for Malmö FF I knew he would be something special. Say what you want, but the guy has played senior elite football since 1999. Not a bad career by any stretch!

Batman

Head of the Wayne foundation for benching Nketiah

Player:Saliba
He and Pogba are the 2 most technically gifted tall players I've ever seen. What Zlatan could do as a dribbler when he was younger and the way he could contort his body right up until the end to score some of those volleys and make some of those little flicks he used to make were just remarkable for a guy that size. Totally disproves the notion that little hobbits like @farzad4daarse are the only gift to football. You can be an adult size and a generational talent as well, no Napoleon complex necessary.

dashsnow17

Doesn’t Rate Any Of Our Attackers
Trusted ⭐
One thing you can say for sure, he scored goals that no other player that big has ever scored. Certainly the most skilful big guy there’s ever been.

MikelHadADream

Established Member
Trusted ⭐
Arguably the greatest athlete of all time, what footballer could play up front to the level he did into his 40’s? Bloke was 6’4 and as agile as someone that was 5’10, absolute freak.

Blood on the Tracks

AG's best friend, role model and mentor.
Trusted ⭐

Player:Rice
Zlatan was a unique player with a unique personality.

I have to agree with @GDeep™ though. Very good player, definitely not in the top 5 or so strikers I've seen though.

jones

Captain Serious
Trusted ⭐

Bro said Kano ffs.

Rooney and Agüero have nothing on him either, even Suarez is definitely debatable. Zlatan has had both unreal peaks and unrivalled longevity, not sure where this blatant disrespect comes from. Came to God's gift to the world the PL in his late 30s and got close to 20 in the league alone for a midtable side. Trophies, amount of goals, technical ability etc he's among the best ever in all everything.

I like Agüero but how on earth are you going to argue he's better.

UpTheGunnerz

Vrei sa pleci dar una una iei

Player:Elneny
He is in the Kane, Lew, Benz, Suarez bracket. Not Aguero, Rooney, Drogba (cmon now really) bracket

Arguably better than two in the first bracket too, def better than one

Tir Na Nog

Changes Opinion Every 5 Minutes

He is in the Kane, Lew, Benz, Suarez bracket. Not Aguero, Rooney, Drogba (cmon now really) bracket

Rooney was better than Kane and Lewandowski

2Smokeyy

5.0 ⭐️⭐️⭐️⭐️⭐️ (49)
Trusted ⭐

The disrespect Drogba gets is unreal.

I think him performing in the big games earned him some bank for me.

Blood on the Tracks

AG's best friend, role model and mentor.
Trusted ⭐

Player:Rice
Rooney is a legend in terms of the PL and England maybe not worldwide though.

For how great a career he had I don't think he tapped into half his potential. That's largely on him though.

Rooney at 17-18 was as good as anyone I've seen at that age. There's a video floating around of him at 18 vs France at EURO 2004. He made a mockery of some legit legends of the game there.

Top Bottom