Zlatan Ibrahimovic

Discussion in 'Transfer Rumours' started by kopzilla, Nov 22, 2015.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. YeahBee

YeahBee Terrible hot takes

If only Larsson had left for a bigger club earlier

2. blaze_of_glory

blaze_of_glory Moderator Moderator

Latest I've read is that he won't be going to the Galaxy this year after all.

3. skip spence

skip spence Well-Known Member

Come on man I stopped reading because it was silly. Old Fergie liked Larsson as a player and a character and so do I but that says nothing about his merits as a player compared to Zlatan. Larsson came to United at about the same age as Zlatan is now and everyone was impressed that he still held his own and looked pretty good. If Zlatan joins them he will be expected to carry the team, to turn their fortunes around on his own. But enough of this, I love them both.

I won't even get mad if Z does join United since I think he has one or a couple of good years left in him at top level and hope he wont leave Europe just yet. And since his ego won't allow for a pay-cut, Arsenal is out of the question.

bingobob likes this.
  4. Juan Matas Beard

Juan Matas Beard Friendly Mancunian facial hair

Fantastic read, thanks for sharing. I recall Sir Alex even comparing his influence to Cantona.

If only we signed him during his Celtic years...

“If there’s one regret I have from my career, it’s that I came home to Sweden when Mr Ferguson was trying to get me to stay at Manchester United” he admitted.

“I should have stayed at United for longer because I had a great time there and everyone at the club was very keen to keep me.”

Last edited: May 18, 2016
  5. bingobob

bingobob Fan of Technicians Who Show Great Character

Not really. Some may prefer Trezeguet to play a certain position or system over Henry. But if that's your opinion that's your opinion. Larsson had much rounded ability, scored goals, was a much more selfless humble player. That to me makes him a better player. It's why many view Messi as a better player than Ronaldo as he is a much more likeable team player.

Anyway on point. Seems like Zlatan isn't coming here and I'd love him here. We should throw money at him and let him choose rather than not trying at all.

Batman likes this.
  6. Batman

Batman Bruce Wayne

Fair enough. I agree Larsson was more of a "team" player but talent wise IMO Zlatan is on another planet. To do what he can do with a football at his size is absolutely amazing. He's a freak of nature. How many other men of 6 foot 5 have the fluidity that Zlatan does? The guy is bigger than Giroud but dribbles like Cristiano. I don't think there's ever been a talent quite like Zlatan. He's not a Messi, CR7, R9, Ronaldinho or Henry level player but he's pretty darn special. I just don't quite think Larsson was that kind of prodigious talent. He was great though.

7. Mark Tobias

Mark Tobias Mr. Agreeable

Do people really think this will happen? This is a name that belongs in the wishlist. It is not happening. Not now, not ever.

8. blaze_of_glory

blaze_of_glory Moderator Moderator

Locking this one as well until there is an actual link to us.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.