• ! ! ! IMPORTANT MESSAGE ! ! !

Discussions about police investigations

In light of recent developments about a player from Premier League being arrested and until there is an official announcement, ALL users should refrain from discussing or speculating about situations around personal off-pitch matters related to any Arsenal player. This is to protect you and the forum.

Users who disregard this reminder will be issued warnings and their posts will get deleted from public.

Zlatan slams Arsenal's transfer policy

Status
Not open for further replies.

Klaus Daimler

Established Member
He said it in a interview with a certain swedish newspaper a few days ago. I contemplated quoting it here but choosed not to. It was just in passing. They discussed his whereabouts next season and his high salary at Inter. I think the question posed was something like "Don't you think that footballers like yourself are hugely overpaid?" and his answer was that you get what you pay for and that's why Inter have all those stars and Arsenal have juniors. Made me wanna punch him in the face. ****ing Malmo bastard.

Klaus Daimler

Established Member
As a follow-up to the previous story, former Arsenal reserve Sebastian Larsson has hit out at Bendtner, being quoted saying that "He isn't exactly the world's best striker": <a class="postlink" href="http://www.aftonbladet.se/sportbladet/fotbollsbladet/landslagsfotboll/vmkval2010/article5300616.ab" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;">http://www.aftonbladet.se/sportbladet/f ... 5300616.ab</a>

It's just some taunts ahead of the Sweden-Denmark game. The relevant part:

Larsson knows Bendtner well. They've played together at both Arsenal and Birmingham, but Larsson doubts that the swedish centrebacks Mellberg/Majstorovic will have much trouble with keeping track of the big dane.

- He's big and strong and it's important that we're marking him closely. He's very strong but we've got loads of players who are strong as well, so I think we'll be able to handle him just fine, says Larsson.

Bendtner has scored nine goals in 31 games for Arsenal this season but that doesn't seem to scare the swedish team.

- He's a big talent and I'm sure he can go far if he wants to, but we definitely don't fear him. He's not exactly the world's best striker.
Not the ideal thing to say when he's playing for Arsenal while you're stuck at Birmingham, I guess.

Nela

Established Member
The funny thing with Zlatan is that ever since he realized that Inter will have a hard time winning the CL, he's been flirting with the idea of changing clubs. The tabloids seem to think he's angling for a move to Barca. But Barca won't take him on his current wages because Inter pay him more than they pay Messi. I actually heard the other day that Inter's wage bill is higher than Man Uniteds! I wonder if it's true.

USArsenal

H.Y.I.C.
DaGunners said:
I can only see Ibra leaving Inter for City.
i cant see that at all.. he wants Champions League, he wants titles and he wants a big team.. if he's going to move from Inter, it will be for one of only a few clubs: Real Madrid, Barcelona, Manchester United or Chelsea.. he wont come to Arsenal (we would NEVER pay that kind of money) and i doubt 'Pool have the resources to buy him (and they have Torres)

Viking

Klaus Daimler said:
As a follow-up to the previous story, former Arsenal reserve Sebastian Larsson has hit out at Bendtner, being quoted saying that "He isn't exactly the world's best striker": <a class="postlink" href="http://www.aftonbladet.se/sportbladet/fotbollsbladet/landslagsfotboll/vmkval2010/article5300616.ab" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;">http://www.aftonbladet.se/sportbladet/f ... 5300616.ab</a>" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

It's just some taunts ahead of the Sweden-Denmark game. The relevant part:

Larsson knows Bendtner well. They've played together at both Arsenal and Birmingham, but Larsson doubts that the swedish centrebacks Mellberg/Majstorovic will have much trouble with keeping track of the big dane.

- He's big and strong and it's important that we're marking him closely. He's very strong but we've got loads of players who are strong as well, so I think we'll be able to handle him just fine, says Larsson.

Bendtner has scored nine goals in 31 games for Arsenal this season but that doesn't seem to scare the swedish team.

- He's a big talent and I'm sure he can go far if he wants to, but we definitely don't fear him. He's not exactly the world's best striker.
Not the ideal thing to say when he's playing for Arsenal while you're stuck at Birmingham, I guess.

Isn't his point just that Bendtner isn't Zlatan, which is true?

Besides, Ibrahimovic is MASSIVELY overrated, and has proven jack-**** outside his ****ty little Italian league. Also a big-game bottler.

This is gonna bite me in the ass on Saturday.

@ QS

You might be right - I saw an article earlier suggesting Inter were after Eboué! :lol:

ibby

Established Member
Viking said:

Besides, Ibrahimovic is MASSIVELY overrated, and has proven jack-s**t outside his ****ty little Italian league. Also a big-game bottler.

@ QS

You might be right - I saw an article earlier suggesting Inter were after Eboué! :lol:
*sigh*

USArsenal

H.Y.I.C.
didnt he score 15 goals? (or are they just referring to Prem games?)

even with that, he scored just 1 less goal than Ade playing about 30 minutes less for the season..

DaGunners

Established Member
That's just not true Asa. The Italian league has been very exciting this season, and overall has been a better league than La Liga has.

ibby

Established Member
asajoseph said:
DaGunners said:
And how exactly is the Italian league s**t?

Because, you know, it is a bit.

It's at a very low ebb at the moment, that's for sure.
It's no worse than La Liga and the overall quality of Serie A is far better than La Liga.

asajoseph

Established Member
I'm not talking about whether or not it's exciting - but the quality of the teams there just isn't as high as in other 'major' European countries right now. It's nowhere near as good as it used to be. Personally, I find French Football and German incredibly exciting - though the quality of the teams over there isn't that great either.

GaelForce22

Established Member
Nice one Nic, show him what you've got at the weekend.

DaGunners said:
And how exactly is the Italian league s**t?
Well it's not **** but clearly it's behind the Premiership and La Liga in terms of quality at the moment.

DaGunners

Established Member
asajoseph said:
I'm not talking about whether or not it's exciting - but the quality of the teams there just isn't as high as in other 'major' European countries right now.
Other than England and at a stretch Spain, no other league comes close to Italy.

There are so many brilliant players playing in Italy right now, just as many as in Spain for that matter.

Viking

ibby said:
Viking said:

Besides, Ibrahimovic is MASSIVELY overrated, and has proven jack-s**t outside his ****ty little Italian league. Also a big-game bottler.

@ QS

*sigh*

Okay, the bit about the Italian league wasn't true. The rest is though. Besides, I'm allowed to trash-talk, we're playing the blue-yellow ****s on Saturday!!11

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts+

Top Bottom