Zlatan slams Arsenal's transfer policy

Discussion in 'Arsenal Talk' started by GoonerGurjit, Jun 3, 2009.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Viking

Viking New Member

Brian Laudrup holding the GLORIOUS 1992 European Championship Cup aloft, a sight that makes Gods and Men alike tremble. Has been changed to the legendary Flemming Povlsen though. Because I'm in a good mood, here's one of John Jensen with the trophy (yes, that guy):
    [​IMG]

No way. We didn't even need to use him, the best player of the 90'ties in that tournament.

Not needed here mate, we're outclassing these motherless Swedes so much it's not even funny. The match has already been one, we're 7 places higher than them on the FIFA World Rankings list, for crying out loud! And we beat Portugal, the best team evar, managed by the impeccable Carlos Quiroz. Cannot go wrong!

Yet Zlatan's never managed to score outside the group stages in the CL, if I'm not mistaken.

2. outlaw_member

outlaw_member New Member

Does the performances of those semi-finalists reflect upon their respective leagues, or just the clubs themselves? The big 4 having done well in Europe in recent years, ONLY reflects upon themselves as a team. So my question is, how do the performances of only 4 teams out of 20, be it from EPL or Serie A in the CL competition, determine which league is the best in the World? As that is basically the logic being applied.

P.S.I'm not specifically asking you, but to those who think that the EPL is unequivocally the best league in the World.

3. outlaw_member

outlaw_member New Member

I'm not sure how valid that statement is, but it still doesn't mean anything. The majority of the time his team has been knocked out early, so that amounts to what, 2 or 4 games a season in which he was unable to find the net. That's right, 2 or 4 games in a 40-50 game season, seeing that Inter haven't reached the semi-finals in quite a while.

4. Klaus Daimler

Klaus Daimler New Member Trusted

Hmpf. I already told you - that list is obviously sorted alphabetically (Spain, Netherlands, Germany, Italy, England, Russia, France, Portugal, Turkey, Paraguay, USA, Switzerland, Greece, Uruguay, Ukraine, Serbia, Scotland, Israel, Mexico, Northern Ireland, Romania, Nigeria and Japan being the only exceptions) and not in respect to actual class.

How's your defence coming along by the way? You've got Agger and... that other guy?

Kinda like Denmark in the world cup? 'cept that one time.

5. Viking

Viking New Member

Simon Kjaer, one of the best new talents in Italy. Much better than your defense. And you know it!

I'd like to remind you of '98! At least we didn't get ****ed by a bunch of Russians drunk on vodka! And some Spanish players as well. Also '86.

That's true, but my point is that the Champions League offers some of the best chances for world class players to prove they deserve that 'tag' and Zlatan hasn't taken those chances, which makes me question if he is that good. And Inter weren't exactly toothless the last two years in the Cl.

6. hujja

hujja New Member

:lol: at the Sweden-Denmark handbags.

Didn't Zlatan get rejected by Arsenal or something, hence his decision to join Ajax?

Skinny giraffe bastard. I hope Nik kicks in his wisdom teeth.

7. Viking

Viking New Member

He rejected us.

8. outlaw_member

outlaw_member New Member

I understand that the CL is a big stage, but you can't underestimate how reliant Inter are on Ibrahimovic to conduct attacks. The fact that their next two best players are predominantly defensive says it all(Maicon and Cambiasso).

9. Klaus Daimler

Eight-year-olds, Dude. Eight-year-olds.

Oh my god you're SO not counting '86! You got assraped by Spain only for Jesper Olsen to con himself to a penalty and take a shot from the spotkick that deflected off the keeper. 1-5 and the whole stadium went crazy. Well done, Denmark!

10. Viking

Viking New Member

Fixed the quote.

What?! That was the year we beat Scotland, and West Germany in the group play, and absolutely raped Uruguay! That team was great, if Jesper Olsen (!!!) hadn't given Butrageno the ball against Spain we wouldn't have suffered that unlucky defeat. And you got your facts wrong - Olsen scored for 1-0. And there was no deflection.

Doesn't that just showcase his failure to prove himself?

11. Klaus Daimler

He probably cheated though. Danish people do that kind of stuff.

12. tam1886

tam1886 New Member Elite

.....and I've edged onto the side of Sweden now.

13. Raider

Raider New Member

:lol:

14. banduan

banduan New Member

What? And ensure he'd be injury free for the rest of his life?

15. entropy13

entropy13 New Member

Zlatan rejected us. Wenger said "Go on trial first" but he said "I'm Zlatan! I don't need trials! I'm one of the best there is already!"

or something like that

16. 14teranga

14teranga New Member

I like Danemark, the Laudrups and Sen guys were great in the early nineties.

17. outlaw_member

outlaw_member New Member

Not really, because an average of 10 sporadic games over the course of a season is not enough to judge a player on. If you want an accurate assessment of a player, you have to view both their domestic and European games. The majority of his critics only view the European games, or should I say, games against English opposition, and decide that such a small amount of data is enough to guage an accurate opinion of said player, when in fact you can't.

18. Biggus

Biggus New Member Elite

No, he's actually right, but as I've already ripped into people for lapping up supportive words from our opposition for Wenger- I have to be consistent and reject any criticism of him from outside too.

Shut the f**k up Ibramhimovich you overrated twonk. Wenger may be a muppet, but he's our muppet. ;D

19. Biggus

Biggus New Member Elite

It's pathetic, if Tam can get on with all the Paddy's why can't you two get on?

Get on. :x I say.

20. Anzac

Anzac Active Member

It's all smoke & mirrors......
    firstly to wind up Bendtner ahead of the international,
    then Inter could be starting a campaign to woo someone away as suggested earlier;
    Ibra could be after a move away & could be suggesting he is a big player
    & we should sign him (if Ade departs);
    or he could just be after an extension to his current deal & is big noting himself & the club to put himself in the good books.........

but IMO we should give Nik his new contract NOW just for giving it back......

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.