• ! ! ! IMPORTANT MESSAGE ! ! !

Discussions about police investigations

In light of recent developments about a player from Premier League being arrested and until there is an official announcement, ALL users should refrain from discussing or speculating about situations around personal off-pitch matters related to any Arsenal player. This is to protect you and the forum.

Users who disregard this reminder will be issued warnings and their posts will get deleted from public.

Zvjezdan Misimović

GoonerGurjit

Established Member
ARSENAL are set to offer £6million for Wolfsburg playmaker Zvjezdan Misimovic.

But the German champions have already made it clear that it will take twice that amount to prise away their Bosnian star.

The midfielder, 27, has already scored six goals for his club this season and Gunners boss Arsène Wenger is also a big fan of his passing and technical ability.

However the price remains a stumbling block. Wenger has already seen summer target Marouane Chamakh slip through his fingers because he refused to meet Bordeaux's valuation of the striker.
<a class="postlink" href="http://www.newsoftheworld.co.uk/sport/football/586948/Gunners-consider-pound6m-raid-for-Wolfsburg-playmaker.html" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;">http://www.newsoftheworld.co.uk/sport/f ... maker.html</a>" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

outlaw_member

Established Member
Re: Wolfsburg's Zvjezdan Misimovic

He was actually the best player in Wolfsburg's Bundesliga triumph last season, rather than the much more renowned Edin Dzeko.

Klaus Daimler

Established Member

Yes! Sign him! He's great. I completely agree with outlaw. People bang on about Ribery but this is the one midfielder I'd sign from Bundesliga if opportunity was given. Great awareness and technique, and his eye for goal isn't bad either.

lee1001

Established Member

We have enough forward players.

Cover in defense and a goalkeeper surely are a priority right now.

longrufus

Established Member

lee1001 said:

Too true.

Good player, but where does he fit in, we have looked incredible strong up top this year, and we havnt really seen Walcott, Rosicky or Vela, and Wilshere will get more involved in the next couple of years.

gunner4evr

No thanks, he's a good player but as has been mentioned, adding to our attack is the least of our worries. Right now we should be looking to strengthen defensively, not further congesting an area of the squad we're already strong in.

Anzac

Established Member

I think AW is looking at his options to cover his bases should we lose players next summer - there are some questions over a number of players re their ability to recover from injury or if they'll remain after the WC if we don't win the PL or CL.

Klaus Daimler

Established Member

longrufus said:
lee1001 said:

Too true.

Good player, but where does he fit in
Put it this way: the only option that is undoubtedly better in midfield in our current squad is Cesc. Misimovic is at least on pair with Nasri and way ahead of Diaby, Denilson and Ramsey. Since it looks unlikely right now that Rosicky will be used much as a midfielder in the future I'm in favor of any transfer that puts more space between Diaby and the starting eleven.

I don't think the fact that we need other signings too should be an argument to miss out on a player that would make our squad stronger. People said the same thing about Arshavin.

xcdude24

Established Member

Klaus Daimler said:
longrufus said:
lee1001 said:

Too true.

Good player, but where does he fit in
Put it this way: the only option that is undoubtedly better in midfield in our current squad is Cesc. Misimovic is at least on pair with Nasri and way ahead of Diaby, Denilson and Ramsey. Since it looks unlikely right now that Rosicky will be used much as a midfielder in the future I'm in favor of any transfer that puts more space between Diaby and the starting eleven.

I don't think the fact that we need other signings too should be an argument to miss out on a player that would make our squad stronger. People said the same thing about Arshavin.

And since he's 27, he won't be really hindering the development of any of our youngsters. Once he's on the decline, our kids will be ready to slot into the first team.

Klaus Daimler

Established Member

Yep. We're talking about someone who'd be expected to play three or four seasons for us, not eight or nine.

longrufus

Established Member

He's 27 so would not hinder the development of our youngsters? What absolute nonsense. At 27 he has a minimum of 4 seasons at the top level before his age becomes a worry. Tell Wilshere he wont get games for 4 seasons and he'll go, simple as.

As I said in my previous post, we have been incredibly strong going forward this year and thats without Nasri, Walcott, Vela, and Rosicky. Does anyone really think Wenger is going to spend money in an area he is already coming down with players, I certainly don't.

If I had the choice would I sign him, more than likely not sure he's a good player but we have plenty of attacking talent and I would have far more pressing concerns about cover at CB and having a World Class keeper.

Klaus Daimler

Established Member

I really don't think that Wilshere would demand a transfer if someone told him that he wouldn't be an automatic starter at one of the biggest clubs in the world at the age of 21. And I have a strong feeling that Jack won't play in midfield for us anyway. But just for the sake of the argument, reflect on it for a minute. How many midfielders have been a regular for us above the age of 31 in the last ten years? I can't think of anyone. And you can't really mention Vela and Walcott in the same context since they aren't midfielders. That's a bit like saying we don't need better cover for Song since we've got Diaby. That's nonsense.

If Wenger feels that it's time to move on Diaby, that Merida won't sign a new deal and that Rosicky isn't an option in midfield anymore (or indeed won't sign a new deal either) then, yes, we definitely need to strengthen the squad in that area too. This whole discussion is based on conjecture of course and there's nothing official that even links us to the player, but there you go. People considered Sagna a luxury signing once upon a time too.

kamikaze80

Established Member

i love when we kill players, because you can only kill a player with a better player.

kofigunner

Established Member
Trusted ⭐

Klaus Daimler said:
I really don't think that Wilshere would demand a transfer if someone told him that he wouldn't be an automatic starter at one of the biggest clubs in the world at the age of 21. And I have a strong feeling that Jack won't play in midfield for us anyway. But just for the sake of the argument, reflect on it for a minute. How many midfielders have been a regular for us above the age of 31 in the last ten years? I can't think of anyone. And you can't really mention Vela and Walcott in the same context since they aren't midfielders. That's a bit like saying we don't need better cover for Song since we've got Diaby. That's nonsense.
Agree completely. We've survived our injuries better than say Liverpool because of depth. There are tons of games to be played and the youngsters will get their chance. Wenger will play kids when he thinks they're mature enough regardless of age. I honestly don't see Arshavin here after 31 either, he's too lazy :wink:

Top Bottom