You can change your consent options set from our CMP at any time by clicking this link:“Change my Consent”
THIS SITE IS OWNED AND OPERATED BY SN&CK MEDIA LIMITED.
SN&CK MEDIA LIMITED IS A COMPANY REGISTERED IN ENGLAND UNDER THE NUMBER 6120966
The registered address is 70 Rosebery Avenue, London, EC1R 4RR
WHAT DATA WE COLLECT
We collect both non-personal and personal data on an ongoing basis.
- IP address
- Email address
- Telephone number
- Demographic details
- Behavioural data (what you are interacting with on our site)
- Device data (e.g. Phone, desktop, tablet)
- Web browser details, operating system data, date and time stamps.
We collect your personal data in various ways:
- directly from you, when you sign up for our services and when you browse our sites
- personal data we generate about you, e.g. personal data we use to authenticate you, or personal data in the form of your IP address or your preferences
- personal data we collect from third parties, e.g. personal data that helps us to combat fraud or which we collect, with your permission, when you interact with your social media accounts
Your personal information is not collected from you automatically, simply as a result of your accessing this web site. It is only collected on a voluntary basis, resulting from your own input of this information. The only information that is collected automatically when you access this web site is the IP address of the computer that you are using. For more information on IP addresses, please see below.
We will also collect information on our server logs from your browser including your IP address, web-browser details, operating system details, and your activities whilst on the Website together with information about other websites that you have visited either before or after you have entered onto the Website.
If you register your personal details with this web site, it is only known SN&CK Media Limited and the companies it owns, data processors who are contracted to SN&CK MEDIA only where there is specific need to process the data, THE OTHER WEBSITES WITHIN THE SN&CK MEDIA GROUP and IF YOU EXPLICITLY CONSENT, THIRD PARTY PARTNER BRANDS. If you choose to register, SN&CK MEDIA will request information such as your name, email address, address, telephone number or other contact details as required. This information will then be held by SN&CK MEDIA as it is necessary for SN&CK MEDIA to carry out the services for which you registered. SN&CK MEDIA also use this information to improve the function of the web site and to prevent any abuse to the web site. This information will not be kept indefinitely, only for the statutory period allowed under the Data Protection Act 2018 (as amended).
SN&CK MEDIA will also keep any correspondence you send whether by email or standard mail. This correspondence will not be kept indefinitely, only for the statutory period allowed under the Data Protection Act 2018 (as amended).
HOW IS YOUR DATA USED?
We use personal data collected through our sites and apps only when we have a valid reason and the legal grounds to do so. We determine the legal grounds based on the purposes for which we have collected your personal data.
The legal ground may be one of the following:
- Consent: For example, where you have provided your consent to receive marketing emails from us. You can withdraw your consent at any time. In the case of marketing emails you can withdraw your consent by clicking on the “unsubscribe” link at the bottom of the email or by emailing firstname.lastname@example.org
- Performance of a contract with you (or in order to take steps prior to entering into a contract with you): For example, where you have purchased a product from us and we need to use your contact details and payment data in order to process your order and deliver your product.
- Compliance with law: In some cases, we may have a legal obligation to use or keep your personal data.
- Our legitimate interests: Where it is necessary for us to understand our readers, promote our services and operate our sites and apps efficiently for the creation, publication and distribution of content online. Examples of when we rely on our legitimate interests to use your personal data include:
- when we analyse what content has been viewed on our sites, so that we can understand how they are used and improve our content
- to carry out marketing analyses to better understand your interests and preferences so that we can make our marketing more relevant to your interests and preferences. This includes when we promote our own products and services. For example, we look at what you have viewed on our sites or what products have bought. You can opt out from having your personal data used for marketing analyses by emailing email@example.com
- to show you personalised advertising by identifying your interests and to create “segments” of particular types of audiences so that we may show you advertisements that may be more relevant to your interests and the ‘’segments’’ you may be in. These ‘’segments’’ are also used to inform the building of custom audiences so that we can identify our audience across third party websites, such as social media platforms like Facebook.
- for internal administrative purposes related to when you use our services – such as our accounting and records – and to make you aware of any changes to our services
- to collect and log IP addresses to improve the website and monitor website usage
- to personalise our services (for example, so you can sign in) by remembering your settings, and recognising you when you sign in on different devices
- enabling you to share our content with others using social media or email
- when responding to your queries and to resolve complaints
WHO WE SHARE YOUR DATA WITH
We use third-party advertising companies to serve ads when you visit our Web site. These companies may use aggregated information (not including your name, address, email address or telephone number) about your visits to this and other Web sites in order to provide advertisements about goods and services of interest to you. If you would like more information about this practice and to know your choices about not having this information used by these companies, please see: http://www.networkadvertising.org/managing/opt_out.asp
All the information that SN&CK MEDIA sites collect via the web site or correspondence is used to help SN&CK MEDIA understand more about who uses the web site and to help improve the web site and the services that it offers. It will also help SN&CK MEDIA to send communications to you that may be of interest.
We do share information about users with third parties order to promote, sell or enhance the products and services we provide but we only disclose such information in an aggregated or anonymised form so that the information is incapable of identifying you as an individual, unless you have given us prior consent to do so. We take the privacy of our users very seriously, we do not rent, sell or share your personal data with other people without gaining your consent to do so. However, in limited circumstances, your personal data may be passed to a third party in any one of these circumstances without explicit consent:-
- If SN&CK Media Limited have a duty to do so or if the law allows or requires SN&CK Media Limited to do so;
- If SN&CK Media Limited or its assets are sold to or purchased by another company or person;
- To affiliated businesses or subsidiary or parent companies of SN&CK Media Limited.
- If SN&CK Media Limited wishes to or is required to pass on your information to a third party in these limited circumstances, it will send an email notice and give you the opportunity to opt-out.
SN&CK Media Limited may use the personal information that you have provided to contact you by any of the methods which you input. If you have provided us with your email, you will be added to SN&CK Media newsletter database and you will receive content, news and additional information about new services, features or products from the site your signed up via in the SN&CK Media group and other sites within SN&CK Media group. If you do not want to be contacted in this way then please click where indicated when you are completing any of the online forms where you initially input your personal details, by changing your personal details on the [“personal details”] page when you are logged on to the web site, or by contacting SN&CK Media Limited via the contact page at any time after submitting your personal details.
As the Internet is a global network, there may be instances when your personal data travels across international borders. This may include transfers outside the EU and the EEA. If you do voluntarily input any personal information via this web site or send correspondence, then in doing so you are authorising SN&CK Media Limited to transfer your personal data in this way.
When you log into our website, we may share information that we collect from you, such as your email (in hashed, pseudonymous form), IP address, or information about your browser or operating system, with our partner LiveRamp. LiveRamp uses this information to create an online identification code for the purpose of recognizing you on your device. This code does not contain any of your identifiable personal data and cannot be used to re-identify you. We place this code in our cookie and allow it to be used for online and cross-channel advertising. It may be shared with our advertising partners and other third party advertising companies globally for the purpose of enabling interest-based content or targeted advertising throughout your online experience (e.g. web, email, connected devices, and in-app, etc). These third parties may in turn use this code to link demographic or interest-based information you have provided in your interactions with them. You have the right to express a choice regarding our sharing of this data with LiveRamp for the above purposes, of the creation of this code, or of our sharing of the code with our advertising partners.
When you use our website, we share information that we may collect from you, such as your email (in hashed, de-identified form), IP address or information about your browser or operating system, with our partner, LiveRamp Inc and its group companies (‘LiveRamp’). LiveRamp may drop a cookie on your browser or directly in our emails and match your shared information to their on- and offline marketing databases and those of its advertising partners to create a link between your browser and information in those other databases. Similarly, when you use our mobile apps, we may also share hashed and de-identified email addresses, mobile device ID, location data, and advertising identifiers with LiveRamp, which uses that information to create a link between your mobile device and its databases. This link may be shared by our partners globally for the purpose of enabling interest-based content or advertising throughout your online experience (e.g. cross device, web, email and in app etc.) by third parties unaffiliated with our website. These third parties may in turn link further demographic or interest-based information to your browser. You have the right to exercise your rights under GDPR including opting out of LiveRamp’s Cookie or Mobile Identifiers and can easily do so by clicking on this link: https://your-rights.liveramp.uk/home
Other parties include:
- ESB Connect Limited (http://privacy.esbconnect.com/)
- Lotame (https://www.lotame.com/about-lotame/privacy/lotames-products-services-privacy-policy/)
If you choose to enter a competition and promotion on a website owned and operated by SN&CK Media which co-branded with another brand/partner, we will also provide the data to that brand/partner. In this case we make it known to you at the point you submit your personal data and you withdraw your consent at any point after.
From time to time, our marketing communications may feature content from third party brands. We will not share personal data with these brands, without your explicit consent.
DECLARATION OF SUB-PROCESSING
To make an informed decision on whether to provide your personal data to SN&CK Media using this website, we need to make you aware of the following organisations who act as Data Processors for us in the provision of our services to you:
- Google, (specifically Google Analytics and DoubleClick for Publishers) based in the United States with data centers in the locations listed here (https://www.google.com/about/datacenters/inside/locations/index.html), who collect pseudonymous personal data: IP address, device identifiers, cookie identifiers and geolocation information for the main purposes of providing statistical data (web analytics) and advertising services.Google complies with the EU-US Privacy Shield Framework as set forth by the US Department of Commerce regarding the collection, use and retention of personal information from European Union member countries and subject to enforcement by the Federal Trade Commission. Google, including Google Inc. and its wholly-owned US subsidiaries, has certified that it adheres to the relevant Privacy Shield Principles, including for Google Analytics.Google is ISO 27001 certified with Certificate number: 2016-006 Certified by EY CertifyPoint since: April 29, 2016
- Comscore UK Ltd, is based in the UK.
They process personal information to enable them to promote their goods and services, to maintain their accounts and records and to support and manage their staff.
Comscore is registered with the ICO. Their ICO registration number is ZA242774
- Quantcast Internaional Limited, is based in the US.
Quantcast is not registered with the ICO.
- Adyoulike, is based in France and the USA
collect and process the personal data of users of the sites, on behalf of its customers, for purposes of advertising, statistical analysis as well as the detection
of computer BOTS and doubtful behaviour in an effort to limit the exposure of advertisements.
Nature of the data processed for campaign distribution and the type of persons concerned:
• Cookie ID (visitor)
• Geolocation data from the IP address (visitor)
• Name of Advertiser (advertiser)
• Ad Domain of the campaign (advertiser)
• Category IAB of the campaign (advertiser)
• Behavioural data: advertising interaction (visitor, advertiser)
• Visitor navigation context (visitor)
The IP is only used to derive a geographic context from the user for advertising targeting purposes.
Adyoulike is not registered with the ICO.
- AppNexus, is headquartered in the USA, with a local office in London, England
Description of processing of information can be found here: https://wiki.appnexus.com/display/GDPR/Types+of+Personal+Data+Processed+by+AppNexus and reasons for processing information here: https://wiki.appnexus.com/display/GDPR/AppNexus%27s+Methods+for+Collecting+or+Receiving+Personal+Data
Appnexus is not registered with the ICO.
- CarbonAI, is UK based and data storage is all in the EU.
The standard Carbon tag collects the following data, which is used for marketing, data aggregation, analytics and profile creation in order to deliver personalised advertising:-
– device / userAgent
Data is retained for the purpose of personalised advertising for up to 13 months from the date of the last user interaction. Aggregated or de-identified data is used for reporting and analysis, and may be retained for a further two years.
Where appropriate data is encrypted in Carbon.
PII data is encrypted at rest and within standard Carbon don’t collect email addresses.
Carbon will not deliver audiences generated from the combination of multiple signals that could be attributed to a specific individual (re-identification).
Clicksco is registered with the ICO. Their ICO registration number is ZA139095
- Collective Europe Ltd, is based in the UK.
Consent has been required in the UK for the placing of tracking technologies on an end-user’s device since the Privacy and Electronic Communications Regulations were amended in 2011.
Collective is registered with the ICO. Their ICO registration number is ZA136897
- Criteo, has Data Storage and Processing based outside the UK. They store pseudonymous data on EU consumers within the European data center. They do not transfer collected customer raw data outside Europe. If the data is collected in the US or in APAC, the data will be transferred to Europe.
Criteo only collects and processes pseudonymous data that is considered non-personally-identifiable. Pseudonymous data is sub-category of personal data that offers more confidentiality as it does not allow a way to directly identify individuals. Criteo does not collect/process personal data, only pseudonymous data which includes:
Hashed email addresses
Mobile Advertising IDs
Any other technical identifiers that allow Criteo to single out individual behaviour without directly identifying the individuals.
The lifetime of Criteo’s cookies is 13 months (except the opt-out cookie: 5 years).
Criteo is not registered with the ICO.
- Eyeota Pte Ltd
ICO Registration Number: ZA452233
IAB Vendor ID: 120
Eyeota is an audience technology platform. We and our partners collect and use data to ensure that the advertising you see is relevant. Our technology uses aggregated data to map information and devices together so we can create a broad picture of groups of individuals and their preferences.
More information on the Eyeota business; the data that we collect; the purpose for this data collection and what your individual rights are with respect to any Personal Data that Eyeota may hold on you is available on https://eyeota.com/privacy-center.
- FreeWheel, a Comcast Company, is based in the UK.
FreeWheel processes personal data either on their publisher client’s behalf or on a DSPs behalf in order for the consented users to have advertising ads rendered against them as an impression.
Comcast International Holdings UK Limited is registered with the ICO. Their ICO registration number is ZA323574.
- GumGum, has both a UK entity and a US entity and data is processed and stored outside of the UK.
As a Processor as defined by the GDPR, GumGum’s purpose (to provide services) and legal basis (performance of contract) for processing any data is in connection with our duties under the written agreement and at the specific direct of the Data Controller.
GumGum participate in behavior-based advertising. This means that a third party may use technology (e.g., a cookie) to collect information about your use of our website so that they can provide advertising about products and services tailored to your interests. That advertising may appear either on our websites, or on other websites (e.g., social media platforms, search engines, etc.). They also collect, use and share Aggregated Data such as statistical or demographic data for any purpose. Aggregated Data may be derived from your personal information but is not considered personal information in law as this information does not directly or indirectly reveal your identity. For example, we may aggregate your Usage Data to calculate the percentage of users accessing a specific website feature.
GumGum is registered with the ICO. Their ICO registration number is ZA244724
- Index Exchange, currently stores data on data servers in any of the following Index Exchange data centers: Toronto (ON-CAN), Secaucus (NJ-USA), Ashburn (VA-USA), Sunnyvale (CA-USA), Los Angeles (CA-USA) Amsterdam (NH-NL), Frankfurt (DE), or Hong Kong (CH).However, Index Exchange is continuing to invest their ensure our operations are fully compliant with GDPR (notably, Articles 44 through 49) prior to the regulation’s date of implementation (20180525).
Index Exchange is registered with the ICO. Their ICO registration number is ZA325358.
- Justpremium, has official country registration is EU (Headoffice is located in The Netherlands). Part of their data is processed within the US.
Justpremium focuses on storing the least personal information as possible without impacting normal business procedures. These normal business procedures include:
• Fraud detection
Currently there are two types of personal data collected:
• A unique user id generated by Justpremium
• The user’s ip address when requesting a Justpremium tag
Other data that could potentially show the behavior of users are browser width and height, url of the website that’s visited, the browser name and version, any interaction that’s registered on the creative and the timestamps of the event.
The cookie lifetime of the unique user id is currently 30 days and refreshed upon each new visit. The average actual lifetime of an advertising user id cookie (for the whole industry) is around 7 days, due to users deleting their cookies, not visiting sites where they are set from each day or using anonymous browser sessions. The number of returning user id’s measured by Justpremium is less than 10%
Reports that are shared internally and/or with clients only contain aggregated data. Justpremium will never disclose IP addresses or user id’s to its clients.
Justpremium is not registered with the ICO.
- LoopMe, is based in the UK.
LoopMe stores personal data from ad requests. This includes Device ID and IP address, which may fall under GDPR legislation.
LoopMe is not registered with the ICO.
- Nativo, has offices in USA and UK. All of their data is hosted with Amazon Web Services sites in USA and Ireland.
See: www.nativo.com/interest-based-ads for information on processing data
Nativo is not registered with the ICO.
- Oath (UK) Limited, is based in the UK.
Oath is registered with the ICO. Their ICO registration number is Z5298132.
- OpenX, is based in the UK.
OpenX is not registered with the ICO.
Playground XYZ, has a UK office and UK Ltd company. Their head office is in Australia. However their AWS servers are located in United Kingdom, Ireland, Singapore and the United States of America.
They process data for the purposes of delivering advertising campaigns for our customers.
They record IP address in order to assist in the protection of systems from malicious activities, including denial of service attacks and brute force attempts to access their systems. They store IP addresses for this purpose for 90 days in order to detect and analyse previous attacks on their systems.
- Playground XYZ is not registered with the ICO.
- Pubmatic, has office locations in London, Hamburg, Munich, Stockholm, Amsterdam and Milan in EMEA; NY and CA in NAM; Pune, Mumbai, Singapore, Tokyo, Sydney in APAC.
Data storage and processing is done in the following locations –
· Amsterdam for EMEA
PubMatic currently uses Equinix and Digital Reality for colocation services. Equinix and Digital Realty maintains various industry recognized certifications including ISO27001 certification. Copies of ISO certifications are available upon request.
To the extent passed by a publisher, we collect the following data –
– Browser User agent header data (e.g., carrier, browser version language, etc.);
– Geo location data (i.e., IP address; location information (Lat/Long, GPS));
– Mobile Advertising Identifier (Apple IDFA, Google Android Ad ID, etc.);
– Permanent device identifier (UDID, IMEI);
– User ID;
– HTTP cookies;
– Custom and predefined key value pairs (i.e. can be used for any value passing such as age, gender, audience data, etc.)
PubMatic is registered with the ICO. Their ICO registration number is ZA019572
- RevContent, is based in the USA.
They collect certain information from users to the sites to enable the services to function as intended (device type, browser, Ads Clicked, Widgets viewed, generalized location via IP Address, etc.). The data is collected and processed under the lawful basis of legitimate interest: that of permitting the services to function as intended and to personalize the content in line with user interests to the extent possible. The Company has performed the appropriate Legitimate Interest Assessments and balancing tests to reach this conclusion. The data is attributed by cookie to anonymized users. IN other words, RC has information associated with an unidentifiable user, and cannot use the data to identify the specific individual to which it belongs. All Data is stored in accordance with a comprehensive Data Security Policy which already reflects industry best practices and incorporates the data security principles consistent with ISO27001 and other trade organizations, but is currently under review to update if necessary in accordance with GDPR requirements (incident response plan, breach notification requirements, etc.)
RevContent is not registered with the ICO.
- Seedtag, is based in Spain.
Seedtag is not registered with the ICO.
- Sharethrough, is headquartered in the U.S. with a subsidiary that operates in the U.K. Their data is processed by our Frankfurt-based AWS instance at the direction of our U.S. systems policies.
Sharethrough is not registered with the ICO.
- SublimeSkinz, is based in the UK
In general, Sublime Skinz believes reliance on consent as a legal base will entice a more transparent relationship with users. More specifically, for targeting and analytics, Sublime Skinz will rely on consent; for conversion tracking, measurement, antifraud, brand safety. Sublime Skinz will rely on legitimate interest.
Through their advertising tag, they collect data from exposed web users, ie. each time a webuser is consulting a site from their network, if their tag is loaded in the page, they can collect various data from this user. They use the information they collect from web users in order to provide their advertising services, to improve their service and for fraud detection.
Below are the specific purposes for which they use the information we collect about web users:
For analytics purposes: They use collected data in order to propose anonymized counters. For example, they calculate the number of impressions per country or city, or the number of impressions per type of browser.
To personalize the experience: They use IP address to estimate geolocations and to propose targeted content. For example, for local stores campaigns, they may be asked to target people in the same city or region of this store in order to increase conversion.
For research and development: They are always looking for ways to make their services smarter, faster, secure, integrated and more useful. They use data to identify trends, usage, activity patterns and areas for integration and improvement of the Services. For example, they use browser size to check if their ad formats can be displayed evenly on their network and to improve their creative templates to be sure every element will be viewable on screens. They also analyse the correlation between clicks and frequency per user so they can avoid ad blindness.
For safety and security: They use information about web users to monitor suspicious or fraudulent activity and to identify violations of Service policies. For example, IP Address, UUID, xf and use ragent are used to detect invalid traffic such as bots or scripts.
To protect their legitimate business interests and legal rights: When required by law or where they believe it is necessary to protect their legal rights, interests and the interests of others, they use information about web users in connection with legal claims, compliance, regulatory, audit functions, and disclosures in connection with the acquisition, merger or sale of a business.
With consent: They use information about web users when consent is given to do so for a specific purpose not listed above.
Sublime Skinz is not registered with the ICO.
- Teads, stores operational data (used to deliver our services) regionally in AWS:
EU – In Ireland
Teads collects information provided by third-parties. To do this and link up data across advertising platforms and devices, Teads uses ID Syncing to associate Teads IDs with identifiers and data from third party business partners, other advertising platform and/or data providers.What data do they collect?
Events related to user’s activity on their partner’s websites/apps (such as the number of pages viewed,
the products viewed on that website, searches made on the partner’s website, referring/exit pages) ;
Information related to the user device (eg. device type, operating system).
Technical user identifier such as technical IDs of our advertising partners, and Mobile advertising IDs (such as Apple IDFA or GAID).
Non-precise information related to geography and derived from the IP address of connection1 (in order to serve ads only for products and services available in the user country, region or city) ;
Precise geolocation information through the mobile application settings the users have chosen
Events related to the Teads ad serving such as the number of ads displayed, date/time stamp, and /or the user’s interactions with the ad (eg. action, duration, clickstream).
Third party data providers provide segment interest (eg.socio-demo segment, lifestyle etc…) ;
We do have access to the IP address however, we do not store full IP address for targeting purposes.
The full IP addresses may only be used by Teads for the following purposes:
Fraud detection purposes to help alert us to situations which could not have been caused
by human behavior, such as a massive amount of clicking in a limited period of time;
To be sent to the advertising partner (such as ad exchanges, demand side platforms) buy
and/or sell ad placements.How do they use the data?
Analytics: We use collected data for monitoring and reporting the effectiveness of the campaign
delivery to our business partner and for internal business analysis.
Re/Targeting: We use data to filter the ad delivery according to the context (page content, website
name,etc) and the user profile (socio-demographic, geolocation, interest, behavior, etc). This is based on data we do collect directly or from a third party. Teads analyses the products viewed, the search made by the visitor and/or pages visited and may link them with third party data information. This targeting may also be done by the DSP partners. In this case, Teads sends those information in the bid request.
User frequency Capping: We use data to cap the frequency and volume of the same ad delivered to the same user.
Ad Delivery: They transmit collected data for ad delivering and campaign tracking to our business
partners. This does not provide the granularity at the user level.
Delivery Algorithm training: We use data which is anonymized, so as not to be identifiable to a
specific source, and aggregated, so as not to be identifiable to any individual transaction in order to improve our service and technology.
Confidential Data transmitted to 3rd-party: To operate our services, Teads uses partners for analytics, targeting, brand safety, fraud detection, viewability measurement, campaign delivery tracking or others partners that may help them to deliver and measure the quality of our service.
Cross device experience: To provide a consolidated experience through the different devices or
browser environments, they may link the Teads identifiers on the different browsers and environments the user is using.
Cross advertising platform experience: This enables the display across multiple publishing platforms and advertising service providers as well as the advertising partner to use their data on their audience across different advertising platform.
Teads is not registered with the ICO.
- Undertone, is based in the US.
They do not collect, process or store any personal data as defined by the GDPR. Any EU campaigns will be run through AppNexus which utilizes the IAB protocol for consent via the Global Registry List.
Undertone is not registered with the ICO.
- Unruly Group Limited, is based in UK (London) Some servers are in the UK. Data is stored by AWS & Steadfast. They have AWS servers located in US (Oregon, US; West Virginia, US) Australia, Singapore, Ireland, Chicago, US is a Steadfast server.
Unruly stores Video data (Impression, View, Complete, Clickthrough, …) and they collect the following: Geolocation, Time of interaction, Type of interaction, Unique User Identification, IP address, User Agent (Browser and version/Device), Page URL, Audience segments and error messages.
Unruly collect / process the data for the purpose of Personalised Online Content Delivery; Online Content Delivery Analytics; Fraud Prevention
Their ICO number is registration number is Z2795263
- Information on the IAB Europe Transparency & Consent Framework Global Vendor List can be found here: http://advertisingconsent.eu/transparency-consent-framework-global-vendor-list/
The activities within which each of these Data Processors participates have been recorded within the applicable SN&CK Media Privacy Impact Assessment records (also known as Data Protection Impact Assessments under GDPR) and these are available upon request from the Company’s Data Protection Officer.
HOW AND WHY WE SHARE YOUR PERSONAL DATA
With consent, we use data to:
– analyse user cohorts and behaviours across our website; we build aggregated audiences around key attributes and behaviours.
– facilitate targeted advertising on sites owned by SN&CK Media limited to provide relevant advertisements to you and to make effective use of advertising inventory.
We facilitate the above functions by using advertising technology providers:
MARKETING SERVICE PROVIDERS
We will share your data with the Marketing Services Providers listed below, who will use it for a variety of direct marketing, testing, research & product development purposes. Marketing Services Providers carry out data profiling. They will combine your data with data they get from other sources (including public sources) and use it to create “predictive models”. Marketing Services Providers use these models to try to predict behaviour and preferences (e.g. how likely you are to buy a holiday online or take a particular type of holiday) or likely circumstances (e.g. whether you are eligible for a particular credit card).
Marketing Services Providers will also try to match and then link your data with data that they receive about you from other sources, to make sure that the data they hold about you is correct (e.g. to check whether you have recently moved address).
They share your data, including the profiled data they have created about you, primarily to:
- help organisations better understand the likely characteristics of their customers (and find others like them);
- improve the relevancy and appropriateness of an organisation’s marketing to its customers (e.g. offers, its products and services); and
- help them communicate with their customers more effectively offline and online. This may mean that you receive tailored advertising via direct mail or when you visit a website.
ESB CONNECT LIMITED
Cookies are small text files that are transferred from a web site by your web browser and stored on your computer. The cookie is then used by that web site to remember who you are from your last visit to that web site. The information that the cookie holds will typically consist of the domain name of where the cookie came from, how long the cookie will remain on your computer before it expires and a unique value assigned to the cookie which is made up of a randomly generated number. A Cookie may also contain your “log in” information that will allow you to log in automatically when visiting the web site. Cookies are not computer programs, they cannot read any information from your hard drive and they do not disseminate viruses.
You can set your web browser to reject cookies, though please be aware that the SN&CK Media Limited web site may not function correctly if you do this.
For more information about cookies, including how to disable them, please go to www.allaboutcookies.org.
Some of the web pages of the web site may contain “clear gifs” or “web beacons”. These are used to count the number of users who access those pages and only collect information relating to the time, date and the page that was visited. They do not carry any personal information and are only used to track how effectively certain aspects of the web site are performing.
HOW WE MAY CONTACT YOU
Marketing communications and editorial newsletters
Where you have given us your email address and or phone number, we may send you marketing communications containing news and content we think may interest you. This from time to time may contain offers from brands we partner with.
If you have given us explicit consent to do so, we may additionally send you communication purely featuring content from brands and partners we work with which we believe is relevant to you, in this case your permission would have been gained. Depending on your marketing preferences, this may be by email, phone, SMS or post.
You can decide not to receive these emails at any time and will be able to “unsubscribe” directly by clicking a link in the email or via emailing firstname.lastname@example.org
Sometimes we may contact you for market research purposes, for example about a survey. You can opt out from being contacted in this way by emailing email@example.com
Responding to your queries or complaints
If you have raised a query or a complaint with us, we may contact you to answer your query or to resolve your complaint.
The IP address of the computer you use to access this web site is automatically provided by your browser each time you view the web site. If you provide any personal information via this web site then the IP address of the computer you are using at the time you provide this information will be stored by SN&CK Media Limited. IP addresses may be used by SN&CK Media Limited for various reasons, including but not limited to differentiating between users from different geographical locations or to help with technical problems that may relate to certain groups of IP addresses.
CUSTOMER AND CITIZEN DATA RIGHTS
As prescribed within data protection regulations, you have specific rights connected to the provision of your personal data to SN&CK Media using this website. These include your rights to request we:
- confirm to you what personal data we may hold about you, if any, and for what purposes
- change the consent which you have provided to us in relation to your personal data
- correct any inaccurate or incomplete personal data which we may hold about you
- provide you with a complete copy of your personal data for you to move elsewhere
- stop the processing of your personal data, whilst an objection from you is being resolved
- permanently erase all your personal data promptly, and confirm to you that this has been done (there may be reasons why we may be unable to do this). Please note that the right to erasure is not an absolute right and should you wish to be removed from marketing lists, your email/telephone/address will be held on file as suppression to ensure we honour your unsubscribe request.
If SN&CK Media does not address your request, or fails to provide you with a valid reason why we have been unable to do so, you have the right to contact the Information Commissioner’s Office to make a compliant. They can be contacted via their website (www.ico.org.uk) or by telephone 0303 123 1113.
HOW SECURE IS MY PERSONAL INFORMATION?
The security of your personal information is very important to SN&CK Media Limited and it takes all steps it deems reasonably necessary to ensure such security. However, the transmission of data over Internet cannot be guaranteed to be completely secure and failsafe. As such, SN&CK Media Limited is not able to warrant or guarantee the complete security of any personal information that you provide and it is important that you are aware that providing any such information is done so entirely at your own risk.
SN&CK Media Limited
70 Rosebery Avenue,
Updated February 2021