Saturday April 15 will be a special day for Arsenal supporters and one Dennis Bergkamp.
It’s the day that West Bromwich Albion come to Highbury, but more importantly, it’s also the day that’s been designated as Dennis Bergkamp Day, an idea by fan group REDaction.
As part of the ‘Final Salute’ to Highbury each match day has had a designated theme. One of the original list of themes was Supporters Day.
REDaction have suggested that Highbury be turned ‘ORANGE’ for the tribute to Bergkamp, and his native Holland.
Events organised for the day include:
- Presentation to Dennis in recognition of 11 years of glory
- Players warming up in orange bibs
- Orange DB10 t-shirts to be distributed around the ground
- A party of Ajax fans attending in Dutch national kit
- Junior Gunners decorating Dennis’s Executive Box
- Montage of Dennis’s golden moments on Jumbotrons
- An extra Lucky Programme prize – Dennis’s signed boots
There will hopefully be other events planned for the day, butthe most important thing is for Arsenal fans to get involved by wearing something “orange”.
It is the supporter’s chance to show how much we’ve appreciated the Bergkamp magic over the years, and how we will never forget this Arsenal legend.