• ! ! ! IMPORTANT MESSAGE ! ! !

Discussions about police investigations

In light of recent developments about a player from Premier League being arrested and until there is an official announcement, ALL users should refrain from discussing or speculating about situations around personal off-pitch matters related to any Arsenal player. This is to protect you and the forum.

Users who disregard this reminder will be issued warnings and their posts will get deleted from public.

Santi Cazorla: My Friend, Is Adios, No?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Is Cazorla - Coquelin midfield partnership the way to move forward into the next season?

That is something 99% here would have laughed at in the beginning of this season.

Marmaduke

Seems like a decent option doesn't it, maybe even Wilshere to compete with Santi for that spot. Like I mentioned previously, we have an we are so spoiled for midfield options even the most deluded opposition fans can conceded.

stiiphunn

Established Member
He's a superb player. He had a little dip in form earlier this year but he's back to his best now. Santi and Mesut are brilliant players. I really hope we can keep both of them fit next season so they can keep playing together with Coquelin sitting behind them.

stiiphunn

Established Member
And other question. Are people happy with Ramsey out on the right wing so we can play Cazorla in the midfield?
Santi has been killing it for us so there's no way he should be dropped. Same goes for Mesut - he's been terrific and is crucial to our play. It sucks for Ramsey but we shouldn't change things just to accommodate one player. I wasn't the biggest fan of Ramsey on the RW - and I still find it a bit weird to have him in this position - but it's been working pretty well no? Ramsey's been scoring and assisting and overall he's been playing very well. He's no traditional RW obviously but he's been given enough freedom to be comfortable in this position.

Yorch_44

Santi has been killing it for us so there's no way he should be dropped. Same goes for Mesut - he's been terrific and is crucial to our play. It sucks for Ramsey but we shouldn't change things just to accommodate one player. I wasn't the biggest fan of Ramsey on the RW - and I still find it a bit weird to have him in this position - but it's been working pretty well no? Ramsey's been scoring and assisting and overall he's been playing very well. He's no traditional RW obviously but he's been given enough freedom to be comfortable in this position.

I agree, and if injuries comes for Santiago or Özil, there is Ram or Jack. Even Diaby. My concern is the subs for DM.

Ramsey playing at right is similar to Beckham. Just with a lower range pass. Is more a Right midfielder than a winger, and as Wenger says, our players are free to move around the pitch so Özil is constantly moving to right or left, supporting wingers a letting them to cut inside.

Rain Dance

Established Member
Trusted ⭐
I was one of those that said he had the tools to play a deeper role to a good level, and he has done. I still think he's wasted there, and we could do with a player with different attributes in that position, but he's doing a fine job to those that know what one looks like.
We have so many players with different attributes can play there, Cazorla, Ramsey, Rosicky, Jack, Diaby, Ox, and they all have something different to contribute when fit and in-form.

Too bad there's no chance all of them fit and in form

Hunta

Established Member
Trusted ⭐

Been great this season, though if he's still here next season he should take up Rosicky's role in the squad.

GOONER1991

Established Member
I have always maintained that we'd be a better team with Ramsey in the CM over Cazorla, however Cazorla's performances have made him undroppable.

Some of his passing yesterday was superb, no question, but let's not overlook that this was his first really good game in a while. Wenger tried benching him at the start of the season, but with injuries he got back in. I expect Wenger to either cash in or do the same next season.

Fantastic technician, but lacks something for me.

bingobob

A-M’s Resident Hunskelper
Trusted ⭐

I still think it's best case he moves on next season, even though he is the ideal midfield 'quarter back' due to his fantastic range of passing with both feet. I just think when the Ox returns he goes into Rw and I want Ramsey back central And if that happens it means Wenger tries to force Cazorla in elsewhere or he rides the bench and he is too good for that.

It's somewhat paradoxical to say he is too good but cannot play but I want natural wide men and I want Ramsey to kick on again. I want space for Wilshere also even though I'd be tempted to sell him for 40m but I guess Cazorla makes more sense. He is getting older, We can sell him for 15 to 20m to a Spanish team rather than a direct rival and use that money to invest elsewhere, not that we need the money but it helps.

Great player, beautiful to watch but I think his Arsenal shelf life is coming to an end.

stiiphunn

Established Member
I still think it's best case he moves on next season, even though he is the ideal midfield 'quarter back' due to his fantastic range of passing with both feet. I just think when the Ox returns he goes into Rw and I want Ramsey back central And if that happens it means Wenger tries to force Cazorla in elsewhere or he rides the bench and he is too good for that.

It's somewhat paradoxical to say he is too good but cannot play but I want natural wide men and I want Ramsey to kick on again. I want space for Wilshere also even though I'd be tempted to sell him for 40m but I guess Cazorla makes more sense. He is getting older, We can sell him for 15 to 20m to a Spanish team rather than a direct rival and use that money to invest elsewhere, not that we need the money but it helps.

Great player, beautiful to watch but I think his Arsenal shelf life is coming to an end.
Why do you want Ramsey instead of Cazorla? All things considered, I think Santi's superior to Ramsey. I also don't think we should sell any of them. There will be injuries again next season and we'll need everyone to stand at the ready. The squad depth we have in midfield is brilliant and we should make sure to keep it.

TakeChillPill

Established Member
We are a "big club", there is nothing wrong with having a bit of competition. They all get paid great wages and should fight for their spot in the team.

on that note santi should definitely stay, he's still got another 2 years at the top! Let him and Ramesy fight it out.

Also I think Wenger definitely needs to rotate the team more, but I don't think that will happen... old habits are hard to change.

GDeep™

League is very weak
What an over reaction from yesterday, you guys know we were playing the poorest team in the league?

The game that mattered, Santi got exposed in midfield.

bingobob

A-M’s Resident Hunskelper
Trusted ⭐

@stiiphunn it's difficult because he is a top quality player but I think in centre midfield we need a clear out, Rosicky, Flamini, Diaby now it comes down to keeping Arteta or not and I think it's easier to retain Arteta rather than keep Cazorla in a reduced capacity. Santi deserves to play each week but we have so many players similar to him that if we sign the holding player I want it's hard to see where he features regularly without removing someone from the wings.

Is Ramsey better? Depends on the criteria you are judging him And Santi on but certainly last season Ramsey was our best centre mid, he is younger and will only get better. Cazorla is older and we can still get a decent fee for him sold to a non domestic rival. It's not all about the cash either though, it's about shaping our squad and making space for players to better balance it.

I think Ramsey in the team progresses us, I think adding the Dm we need progresses us and I think keeping Cazorla means more square pegs and round holes Or him not playing and I don't like either of those options. His best position I'd rather see others there and I'd rather the back up be a different type of player. It also means more game time for Wilshere who would move up the pecking order.

But ultimately I can see both perspectives I understand selling your best players isn't ideal but I still think moving him on for a different player strengthens the squad and makes us better suited to really challenge.

Mind, if the right offer came in then I'd consider allowing Wilshere to move on but that would have to be 40m plus, I don't think we would get that but what you can take from that is I think to move forward we need to say good bye to a big player in that position to makeway for a different type of player in there.

remains

I dont understand the people who advocate selling Cazorla. Absolutely ludicrous. Rosicky, Flamini and Diaby should be the ones facing the chop out of our midfielders, not one of our most talented players.

Cazorla's ability to run the show from pretty much any midfield position makes him invaluable, especially when the injuries start piling up. Plus it is clear how much respect he has from his teammates.

GDeep™

League is very weak
And other question. Are people happy with Ramsey out on the right wing so we can play Cazorla in the midfield?

No, restricts Ramsey too much, he has little impact from the right.

Santi in midfield is fantasy football, working now because of various situations which give you the 'perfect environment', but we know what will happen at the start of next season.

Same old Arsenal really, we end a very poor season well, and everyone gets carried away. Wenger better get his cheque book out and sign 3 WC players.

pigge

#Pigge #Equality

Player:Martinelli
Making this thread is OTT imo. Cazorla was always good but he had a bad form spell last season. I'd say Coq is making more diffrence than Cazorla. He is worthy of praise but it's not like he wasn't good at all last season nvm 2 seasons ago when everyone loved him.

Also, from his performance last season combined with his age made it reasonable to think about letting him go. People always say things like "how could they say he should've gone this summer" after they've played well for a while. Ofcourse, people only say that in hindsight, as if they knew he would play that good or as if he played good when people where thinking of letting him go.

Should he be sold as of now? Probably not. But he might have a **** season coming up and then the Cazorla should leave train will be back, and I wouldn't be suprised if some of the people praising him (and themselves for 'knowing' he would be good this season) will jump on it.

Either way he has been really good for the last part of the season and he deserves praise for it.

Marmaduke

What an over reaction from yesterday, you guys know we were playing the poorest team in the league?

The game that mattered, Santi got exposed in midfield.

It was a bad team yes, not the worst though, Newcastle are playing on triple doses of seroqiul these days.

I think Santi is a fantastic little player but like some have mentioned, its getting OTT. He's had some great moments and some anonymous ones throughout the season, like pretty much every player out there.

GDeep™

League is very weak
He was poor for much of last season and start of this season, exposed and anonymous for much of his midfield stint in recent months etc.

Then you got a guy like Ramsey who's been solid/spectacular for two seasons in midfield and he's been shifted out wide so Wenger can squeeze all his gifted little players into a team.

This is not a credible discussion, Santi in midfield, Santi over Ramsey etc, this can't be considered anything more than end of season fun.

juice man

Can't make his mind up
He was poor for much of last season and start of this season, exposed and anonymous for much of his midfield stint in recent months etc.

Then you got a guy like Ramsey who's been solid/spectacular for two seasons in midfield and he's been shifted out wide so Wenger can squeeze all his gifted little players into a team.

This is not a credible discussion, Santi in midfield, Santi over Ramsey etc, this can't be considered anything more than end of season fun.
I think Ramsey's had a pretty underwhelming season tbh. Been good for the last few weeks, but struggled a lot for most of the season. Would say Cazorla has been comfortably better this campaign.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Arsenal Quotes

We played with a bit of a handbrake

Arsène Wenger

Daily Transfer Updates

Tuesday, May 28

Arsenal have been handed a boost as Sporting Lisbon have lowered their asking price for CB Ousmane Diomande from €80m to €60m [Record]

Sheffield Wednesday are keen on signing 21 year old striker Mika Biereth on loan [The Sheffield Star]

Arsenal hope to command a sizeable fee for Eddie Nketiah this summer [The Athletic]

Arsenal and AC Milan are interested in Monaco midfielder Youssouf Fofana [Gazzetta]

Thomas Partey’s preference is to stay at Arsenal, but no talks have taken place over a new contract with one year left and the club could consider offers this summer [Charles Watts]

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom