• ! ! ! IMPORTANT MESSAGE ! ! !

Discussions about police investigations

In light of recent developments about a player from Premier League being arrested and until there is an official announcement, ALL users should refrain from discussing or speculating about situations around personal off-pitch matters related to any Arsenal player. This is to protect you and the forum.

Users who disregard this reminder will be issued warnings and their posts will get deleted from public.

Álvaro Morata

Status
Not open for further replies.

BBF

I do think it matters that he has scored in big games. You're the one who told me to just look at goals scored and neglect he context. And I just pointed out that when looking at goals scored, Morata doesn't have impressive numbers. As for the Dybala argument, I was just pointing out that when cup goals are included when comparing goal scroring stats, the comparison often becomes distorted because the opponents and games played vary a lot. The league is the same for both so it's, imo, better comparison. I don't know if Dybala is the better player and I'm not saying he is.

Morata, so far in his career, has not scored a lot of goals. Important ones, yes, a lot no. Our problem, imo, is that we don't have good enough goal scorer as our main striker. Therefore, I have some reservations about Morata being the solution since before we get to CL final, we'll have to score goals also in seemingly less significant games like, let's say, @home against Crystal Palace.

Anyway, just to put this to rest, if we'll get Morata I'll be happy. I trust that if Wenger pays a lot of money for a player, he's good. So far that's been the case. However, I'm not too convinced Wenger would go after him with the quoted price. And I'd take Higuain and PEA over Morata if I had a choice. And yes, that choice would be mainly based on stats, I'm afraid. I believe the best way to get a goal scorer is to go after somebody who has a good and consitent record in scoring goals at high level. After all, CL final and semi-finals were three games. Outside those games Morata's record in the CL isn't anything special

I can see where you're coming from, but I've been arguing about context here the whole time. It's not just about how many he's shifted, that's not what scouts look for. They look for investment in quality players who they hope to deliver. Morata will deliver. He's a quality footballer, and he's also shown he can find the net in important games. That's not a worry for me. I really can't see a player of his talent not improving, and netting a large amount of goals.

Mark Tobias

Mr. Agreeable
I can see where you're coming from, but I've been arguing about context here the whole time. It's not just about how many he's shifted, that's not what scouts look for. They look for investment in quality players who they hope to deliver. Morata will deliver. He's a quality footballer, and he's also shown he can find the net in important games. That's not a worry for me. I really can't see a player of his talent not improving, and netting a large amount of goals.
With age on his side too

RandyMarsh

Established Member
Worth mentioning that he also tweeted that Psg have met twice with the players agent.

If what dean said is correct, Morata might be Paris bound.
Honestly I'd top myself if Ibra went to United, Lukaku to Chelsea, Morata to PSG, PEA to Real..All clubs that already have strikers who are 3 times the player Giroud is ffs. Share the ****ing love. Please.

nicky47

Established Member
Sounds like its possible for something to happen soon after the CL final regarding Morata. Which would be nice, whether it's good or bad, would rather get this out of the way... Can see this dragging out for a while personally.

Axel_Gunner

never knew what wenger was thinking about giroud, but after his lack of form in 2016 he just cant go into the new season without a new striker (as upgrade or at least as alternative).

if not morata then there has to be someone else... i hope...

jarsenal_man

Would anyone here take Deeney? I think he could do a job. He trains with Anthony Joshua so could provide us with some much needed steel

Penn_

Established Member
Trusted ⭐
Is there any reason Juve have to wait till July when the clause kicks in to sell him?

Surely for all parties the sooner the better?

Trilly

Hates A-M, Saka, Arteta and You
Trusted ⭐

Is there any reason Juve have to wait till July when the clause kicks in to sell him?

Nope, 80M euro penalty for Juve if they sell to anyone outside of the agreements of the clause which runs from 1-15 July of this year and next.

africe

Nope, 80M euro penalty for Juve if they sell to anyone outside of the agreements of the clause which runs from 1-15 July of this year and next.
Think he meant that there's no benefit for Real and Juve to wait until then and just get it over with now.

Enz__

Anti Antique Abuse

If Madrid make their intentions clear and state that they'll definitely use the clause then I don't see why they couldn't probably just sell to Madrid for the same price as the clause now rather than wait. Not like madrid are gonna complain and Juventus probably want this sorted as soon as possible.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Arsenal Quotes

My first ever football memory was Charlie George's double winning goal in 71. After that game; I just became an Arsenal fan.

Paul Davis

Daily Transfer Updates

Sunday, May 26

Talks have taken place between Marcus Rashford and Mikel Arteta [AFCamden]

Nothing is decided between Arsenal and Emile Smith Rowe [Fabrizio Romano]

Latest posts

Top Bottom