• ! ! ! IMPORTANT MESSAGE ! ! !

Discussions about police investigations

In light of recent developments about a player from Premier League being arrested and until there is an official announcement, ALL users should refrain from discussing or speculating about situations around personal off-pitch matters related to any Arsenal player. This is to protect you and the forum.

Users who disregard this reminder will be issued warnings and their posts will get deleted from public.

Álvaro Morata

Status
Not open for further replies.

Krevsnih

Havent been any links lately, has there? Maybe its time to lock it for now?
Not to sound like a partypooper or anything :)

The_Playmaker

Established Member
Trusted ⭐
It really doesn't take much for fans to melt down and turn players into saviors worth £50 million.

Currently we have a centre forward who has limitations. He is very good in the air, he has consistent hold up play and he gets a reasonable amount of goals. He does however score in patches and he is incapable of running in behind and creating his own chances. However, he is still physically robust and can player 90 minute matches consecutively.

All of a sudden, Morata is a massive upgrade on Giroud. In some ways he is. He is more mobile, more skilful, capable of brilliance on occasion. However, he is also knocked off the ball easily, barely completed 90 minutes over an entire season, but most telling, he doesn't score that many goals. Yet he is going to explode? Won't Morata just give us the same as Welbeck?

I think we need more than that. We need 25+ league goal striker.

CJJ

Established Member
Not a good enough upgrade, and considering the rumours is mentioining his price tag is £30m, i say hell no.

We need a REAL world class striker to come in, not this "just below the best" quality. His goal tally is not even that impressive either.

Get Higuain, that just is proven realistic goalscorer we can get. I reckon he'll cost 10m more though. But its worth it.

GilonMat

Hope the rumour will die. Don't get me wrong he is a prospect, and i will take him over Giroud, but we need a proper striker which he is not, and especially not for this money

Sanchez11

Nobody Is Coming!

I have a feeling this is a smokescreen, app were in for a lb, cb, rw and cf. This means money for a cf is going to be less. Unless we could have a loan deal for morata with option to buy that would be a good deal for both clubs!

GilonMat

Ibrahimovic, Griezmann, PEA, Lacazzette, Lukkaku, Sturridge (if fit), Vardy, Cavani, Dybala, Higuain. Proabably would take Slimani, Milik, Henrnadez, Jese over him to.
Dude i am reading this forum for years. There were so many false saviors here over the years it's ridiculous. Most deluded fans ever. Tell me what did Morata did, apart from scoring some crucial goals over the last years. ? Is he 25 goals+ a season striker ? I highly doubt that.

CJJ

Established Member
Why do people keep acting like 25+ goal strikers are easily available.

:lol:

Wanting that isn't some big revelation ffs.
Correct. But if you were to read beyond that, you''ll see that we're saying that until such a player becomes available, there's no point in splashing £30m on something that'll hardly be an upgrade on our current options.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Arsenal Quotes

Arsenal have always been the club of the people, the streets. Arsenal was one of the first clubs to really have black players, so it did represent the mass of the UK and how London is. I hope people at the club know that and who are they playing for.

Thierry Henry

Latest posts

Top Bottom