• ! ! ! IMPORTANT MESSAGE ! ! !

Discussions about police investigations

In light of recent developments about a player from Premier League being arrested and until there is an official announcement, ALL users should refrain from discussing or speculating about situations around personal off-pitch matters related to any Arsenal player. This is to protect you and the forum.

Users who disregard this reminder will be issued warnings and their posts will get deleted from public.

UEFA Champions League 2015/2016

4R5Emaniac

Always fresh from Bangladesh
But overall yeah, as far as I'm concerned, he is a **** because I see the footballer and dream chasing madman.

For his boy though, he might be the greatest man in the world.

jones

Captain Serious
Trusted ⭐
I think he could, yeah. For the world to see one part of him and for his boy to see his intimate true self. We all have our defence mechanisms in our head under pressure or deep rooted insecurities to motivate our projection of an image to protect or promote ourselves.

I'm a big fan of an actor around here for his flawless portrayal of hilarious characters. He is simply the goat of comedy like acting and you'd laugh even before he opens his mouth. Then I've seen and met him off cameras and he is full of anger, hatred and easily irritable. He is usually like that when he isn't acting.

There are people like Cristiano who are shunned and rejected by most in the sense of understanding but he may find peace and connection and genuine love when with his boy.
Everything in this post is conjecture, the only thing you can derive any reasonable hypotheses about his true persona from is his visible behaviour on the pitch.
It would be very easy to go Sigmund Freud on him and dissect the reasons for his actions like naming his son Cristiano Junior (I'd have bet good money on that being the name of his first born) but let's just stick to what we see - unlike your actor Ronaldo has no reason at all to act the way he does.

Watch that Arbeloa video clip if you haven't yet, there's nothing left to discuss afterwards imo.

redanddread

The stone that the builders refuse
TBH, I can't make a judgement on CR7 based on his domestic & personal life - I don;t know the dude, never met him, no nothing other than what I see on the football pitch & in the media.

I will say this though, he's a narcissistic prick on the football field .and I'm sure he's thinking more about winning his 3rd CL rather than Madrid winning their 11th He strikes as a glory hunter and whilst he's been an incredibly professional athlete who has scaled the heights personally and teamwise, for me he'll never be up there with Maradona, Pele, Cruyff & now Messi.

His goal celebrations in Madrid's decima CL win stunk up the place and whilst yesterday's shirt removing show of abs, biceps & joy wasn't quite as skunky it just smelt of PR and self flagellation.

He's a **** on the football field - he may well be a nice guy off it.

Edit:

"I had a vision," he said.

"I knew that I would score the winning goal... I told Zizou that and to let me take the fifth and that's how it turned out.

"My third Champions League," he added.

There you have it - as I suspected.

Last edited:

redanddread

Two years ago Simeone made a big mistake starting with Costa who's hammy went within 15 mins - having burnt a sub early and also losing his prized striker was a major faux pas. This time around he made the error imo of keeping on a woeful and I mean woeful Fernando Torres. Torres performance was easily one of the worst CF's performances that I've witnessed in modern football, even eclipsing some of Theo Walnowtt's stinkers. Quite how & why Simeone didn't drag him off at 1/2 time is a question only he can answer but imo those two decisions cost Atleti BOTH Cl finals.

Atleti played with 10.25 men for the entire 120 mins and then ****er didn't even take a PK.

A_G

Rice Rice Baby 🎼🎵
Cjn0RCrXAAAvlEc.jpg

Feels weird seeing Leicester in there.

celestis

Arsenal-Mania Veteran

Everything in this post is conjecture, the only thing you can derive any reasonable hypotheses about his true persona from is his visible behaviour on the pitch.
It would be very easy to go Sigmund Freud on him and dissect the reasons for his actions like naming his son Cristiano Junior (I'd have bet good money on that being the name of his first born) but let's just stick to what we see - unlike your actor Ronaldo has no reason at all to act the way he does.

Watch that Arbeloa video clip if you haven't yet, there's nothing left to discuss afterwards imo.

When Ronaldo won the Balon dor, his kid ran up during the acceptance . Normal people pick up their kids when they run up . Ronaldo on the other hand didn't bother to acknowledge him as he ran up and hung on to his leg . You just had to watch it I guess.

jones

Captain Serious
Trusted ⭐
Two years ago Simeone made a big mistake starting with Costa who's hammy went within 15 mins - having burnt a sub early and also losing his prized striker was a major faux pas. This time around he made the error imo of keeping on a woeful and I mean woeful Fernando Torres. Torres performance was easily one of the worst CF's performances that I've witnessed in modern football, even eclipsing some of Theo Walnowtt's stinkers. Quite how & why Simeone didn't drag him off at 1/2 time is a question only he can answer but imo those two decisions cost Atleti BOTH Cl finals.

Atleti played with 10.25 men for the entire 120 mins and then ****er didn't even take a PK.
Simeone only had Correa on the bench and he probably didn't trust him yet either because of his age or his smaller frame compared to Torres, probably his biggest mistake yesterday. Pretty insane if you think about how their bench looked like yesterday. Torres was woeful but I can see why he trusted him in the beginning, he had some very good performances this season.

Think Atlético might get Costa back this summer, a lot of talk surrounding a potential move. If they manage to keep Simeone and their current lot together plus add Costa they'll be favourites next year again, they have a very young team and Simeone is probably the best in the world at coaching youngsters.

redanddread

CR7:

"I had a vision," he said.

"I knew that I would score the winning goal... I told Zizou that and to let me take the fifth and that's how it turned out.

Vomit.gif

redanddread

Simeone only had Correa on the bench and he probably didn't trust him yet either because of his age or his smaller frame compared to Torres, probably his biggest mistake yesterday. Pretty insane if you think about how their bench looked like yesterday. Torres was woeful but I can see why he trusted him in the beginning, he had some very good performances this season.

Think Atlético might get Costa back this summer, a lot of talk surrounding a potential move. If they manage to keep Simeone and their current lot together plus add Costa they'll be favourites next year again, they have a very young team and Simeone is probably the best in the world at coaching youngsters.
I hear your argument but surely anyone would have been better than Torres yesterday - the only thing of note that he did was win a PK which didn't even amount to anything.

redanddread

Simeone must be a battered and bruised man this morning. Two CL finals losses to your crosstown rival. Tough to take - Atleti need a decent No.9, get that and they can probably challenge again. I'm sure he'll take a little time off, reflect on what they have achieved and come back stronger.

I felt yesterday that they let Real off the hook once they equalized - they were by far the dominant & better team for the majority of the 2nd 1/2 but once they scored they went back to playing counter attacking football and ceded the advantage to Real - maybe if they had kept up the pressure they could have fashioned a chance in te closing stages & won the game.

without doubt they need a little (more) stardust in the team still to win the big ones but they battle like no other team.

jones

Captain Serious
Trusted ⭐
without doubt they need a little (more) stardust in the team still to win the big ones
I don't think so. It's a knockout tie, you need luck more than stardust or anything else. They've won finals in the past too, vs Bilbao in the EL, vs Real Madrid themselves in the Copa del Rey at the Bernabeu to boot. Probably the biggest of them all was the game at Camp Nou vs Barcelona in what was effectively a final for the league title, and they got that one after losing both Costa and Turan within 20 minutes.

A KO tournament will always have these results. The linesman does his job for Ramos' goal and Simeone signs a lifetime contract, Atlético have everything they need and the future looks rosy. Now people including even himself doubt everything they've been doing for a few years.

redanddread

I don't think so. It's a knockout tie, you need luck more than stardust or anything else. They've won finals in the past too, vs Bilbao in the EL, vs Real Madrid themselves in the Copa del Rey at the Bernabeu to boot. Probably the biggest of them all was the game at Camp Nou vs Barcelona in what was effectively a final for the league title, and they got that one after losing both Costa and Turan within 20 minutes.

A KO tournament will always have these results. The linesman does his job for Ramos' goal and Simeone signs a lifetime contract, Atlético have everything they need and the future looks rosy. Now people including even himself doubt everything they've been doing for a few years.
Really - not sure how anyone can say they have enough when I watched one of the most awful CF performances that I've ever seen. They need a striker as they will not be able to grind out ALL the big games. Had they had a top notch CF yesterday then they might well have won that game - furthermore it looked like they could have done with a little magic in midfield also.

OG J0E

Gutted for Atletico. Lost five figures on them to lift the trophy too, might have to become GDeep's indentured servant now.

Thought that Consett pikey Clattenburg was okay although he basically refused to book Atletico players for bad challenges in the first half which cost me another bet on yellows, had 7+ so obviously there were 6. Was shaping up to be a dirty game before the goal settled things down.

Juanfran and Oblak were both very good in normal and extra time but ****ed it in the shootout, Oblak especially who could at least have attempted to dive.

On the balance of play Atletico probably deserved it, having played better in the second half and ET, missed a pen, and with the Ramos goal offside. They weren't able to press the advantage given to them by their superior tactics and fitness, and their mentality, though very good, seems not quite good enough now. Simeone did everything right though, incredible manager - Torres was garbage but there was no-one to take him off for, probably missed Martinez ironically.

4R5Emaniac

Always fresh from Bangladesh

Yeah, can't disagree, here. What Arbeloa video, tho?

I just googled Arbeloa video and the first video said "Arbeloa amazing skills". I don't want to watch that.

Arsenal Quotes

I often relive those 49 undefeated matches. I do believe in signs to a certain extent, and as I was born in 1949, I sometimes tell myself it was our destiny to lose the 50th. Those 49 matches are etched within me and within each player: it is something fundamental, a triumph born out of passion.

Arsène Wenger: My Life in Red and White

Daily Transfer Updates

Monday, May 3

Marco Silva is pushing the Fulham board to spend as Arsenal prepare to listen to offers for Emile Smith Rowe, among other fringe players [Evening Standard]

New Fenerbache manager Jose Mourinho is determined to stop Arsenal from signing LB Ferdi Kadıoğlu [TBR Football]

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom