• ! ! ! IMPORTANT MESSAGE ! ! !

Discussions about police investigations

In light of recent developments about a player from Premier League being arrested and until there is an official announcement, ALL users should refrain from discussing or speculating about situations around personal off-pitch matters related to any Arsenal player. This is to protect you and the forum.

Users who disregard this reminder will be issued warnings and their posts will get deleted from public.

Mesut Özil: Time to Move Ön?

Do you want Özil sold this summer?

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

logic DC

yall are clowns, watching the Hull game rn and that from Özil is the definition of controlling a game just because he did nothing flashy does not mean he was bad lol.

Jury

A-M's drunk uncle
yall are clowns, watching the Hull game rn and that from Özil is the definition of controlling a game just because he did nothing flashy does not mean he was bad lol.
In support of the player, I actually think you're doing a world class player a disservice if you believe that.

Garrincha

Wilf Zaha Aficionado
Trusted ⭐
Özil will naturally have a less eye catching role now Santi is back & with Iwobi drifting inside so much. We have three player in the same area with great vision & passing ability. Seems his role is more fluid now.

image.jpg

bingobob

A-M’s Resident Hunskelper
Trusted ⭐

Nobody is going to bench Mesut ****ing Özil after a couple bad matches in which we got good results ffs. Get of it.
There is a a difference between bench and rotate. Certainly the way I'm looking at it. I want Özil to play and start against City, United, Chelsea etc against West Brom, Everton I'd want something different and for him to come on later when the dynamics have changed. I dont think creating is enough against those teams. That's my take anyway.

Jury

A-M's drunk uncle
There is a a difference between bench and rotate. Certainly the way I'm looking at it. I want Özil to play and start against City, United, Chelsea etc against West Brom, Everton I'd want something different and for him to come on later when the dynamics have changed. I dont think creating is enough against those teams. That's my take anyway.
You quite clearly hate his guts.

MutableEarth

Reiss' Dad
Trusted ⭐
It's not a crime to say that Mesut's been phoning it in so far this season. It's early and he's not looked bad other than one game where he had possibly his worst game in an Arsenal shirt, but he's not been quite as sharp as he was last season. I expect him to improve though, and so far, Cazorla and Iwobi have both been excellent secondary providers in the mean time.

logic DC

controlling a game is keeping your team fluid and smooth in their play and that what Özil did on Saturday, his performance was no different to santi or Theo who yall are praising for putting in a 5/10 performance at best.

Trilly

Hates A-M, Saka, Arteta and You
Trusted ⭐

Özil must be having an impact on our game even if it's not immediately obvious. I'm not blind to his faults but the amount of times his been subbed or rested and our game has gone to **** is telling.
We look like complete crap without him.:lol:

Basically I would tell people to revisit what we were saying about Özil before all his assists last season. The retention of possession and decision making in the final third is something that he'll always bring to the table.

RUS arsenal

Established Member
I really don't understand this concept that Özil's job/role is JUST to recycle the ball in the final 3rd to keep us "fluid." His real value is in his vision and ability to make space for others with his passing or just directly provide the final ball.

I think it should be obvious to any neutral that he is not playing well at the moment. I expect him to improve and it is far from the point where his starting spot should be questioned. But let's not delude ourselves that he is not playing poorly.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Arsenal Quotes

There's a minute on the clock left for Arenal. Brady for Arsenal.... right across, Sunderland... IT'S THERE! I do not believe it, I SWEAR I do not believe it!

Peter Jones on the goal against United in the 79 cup final

Latest posts

Top Bottom