• ! ! ! IMPORTANT MESSAGE ! ! !

Discussions about police investigations

In light of recent developments about a player from Premier League being arrested and until there is an official announcement, ALL users should refrain from discussing or speculating about situations around personal off-pitch matters related to any Arsenal player. This is to protect you and the forum.

Users who disregard this reminder will be issued warnings and their posts will get deleted from public.

EPL | Sunderland vs Arsenal | 29/10/16 | 12:30 K/O (GMT) | Sky Sports 1

What will the result be for this match?

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

Cech
Bellerin Mustafi Koscielny Monreal
Coquelin - Özil - Ramsey
Walcott - Sanchez - Iwobi

Ospina - Gibbs - Gabriel - Chamberlain - Perez - Elneny - Cazorla/Holding

tap-in

Nothing Wrong With Me
Good to see they got stuck in Southampton last due to fog. I hope they all had a terrible nights sleep in Travelodge.

Makingtrax

Worships in the house of Wenger 🙏
Trusted ⭐

Player:Saliba
Only lost once in 23 matches.

You wouldn't really bet money on Sunderland to win unless you were a problem gambler . . . and maybe like a drink and your partner's left.

Talk's cheap.

redwhiteAustrian

Tu Felix Austria
Administrator
Bit worried here, no Cazorla in midfield will certainly make breaking them down harder than it should be. Hopefully our attackers have their scoring instincts back on.

Makingtrax

Trusted ⭐

I'm hearing that Walcott is unwell and may miss this game

Any truth to this
There's a video on instagram of Wenger saying Walcott's not well. So we'll have to wait. Absentees are piling up at the mo.

No change there.

Jury

A-M's drunk uncle
Perhaps we feared a *****slap from the FA, meaning he could miss up to four games.
I've heard this said before... There was no chance at all of an extra game ban being given if we appealed. There was enough grey area, technically, to innocently ask them to look at it again. I'm sure they were expecting it.

redwhiteAustrian

Tu Felix Austria
Administrator
I might be mistaken here, but a couple of years ago when Rooney got banned for swearing into the camera on the pitch at Upton Park, they appealed and he got one match added to his ban.

Makingtrax

Trusted ⭐

No it's not ffs! Where are people pulling this **** from?!:mad:

:lol:
It's something called 'FA rules' :lol: If the appeal is judged to be frivolous then the player gets an extra game ban.

The club has to judge if it's worth the risk and they obviously discussed it and decided against.

Jury

A-M's drunk uncle
It's something called 'FA rules' :lol: If the appeal is judged to be frivolous then the player gets an extra game ban.

The club has to judge if it's worth the risk and they obviously discussed it and decided against.
In what way can an appeal in this instance possibly be deemed as frivolous? You do realise we've appealed many times before in the past, been unsuccessful, and not copped an extra game ban? 'Frivolous' is not just a drunk sounding noise that comes from someones mouth--it's a word that has a meaning!

The majority of the football world thought he shouldnt have been sent off. That's a hell of a tool when you're trying to win an appeal, never mind merely avoid an extra game ban should you be unlucky enough to lose the appeal.

Jury

A-M's drunk uncle
I might be mistaken here, but a couple of years ago when Rooney got banned for swearing into the camera on the pitch at Upton Park, they appealed and he got one match added to his ban.
Because he didnt have a leg to stand on. It was a dumb appeal.Just another case of Man Utd and Fergie trying to test the FAs resolve. It was by the very definition, a 'frivolous' appeal.

EDIT: He didnt even get an extended ban after he lost that appeal! :lol: Bang to rights. no extra game ban! That should tell you something.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Arsenal Quotes

Religiously, it is said that God created man. I am only a guide. I allow others to express what they have in them. I have not created anything. I am a facilitator of what is beautiful in man.

Arsène Wenger

Latest posts

Top Bottom