• ! ! ! IMPORTANT MESSAGE ! ! !

Discussions about police investigations

In light of recent developments about a player from Premier League being arrested and until there is an official announcement, ALL users should refrain from discussing or speculating about situations around personal off-pitch matters related to any Arsenal player. This is to protect you and the forum.

Users who disregard this reminder will be issued warnings and their posts will get deleted from public.

The Wish List

carlito'sway

Established Member
J.Hector, F.Kessie, Isco, K.Mpabbe, Reus.

We can cross out Mbappe. He is not moving this summer. The one likely to move from the Monaco wingers corps is Bernardo Silva.
Top player / playmaker but will cost north of 50 M.
Mbappe is tapped to be a starter next season. He will score at will and may break Martial record fee when he moves in a year or two.

Would be happy with the rest on the list although Isco and Xhaka in MF would give us the pace of a tanker in MF. Would prefer a more mobile cm (Saul Niguez, Babayoko).

Goon-Ger

We can cross out Mbappe. He is not moving this summer. The one likely to move from the Monaco wingers corps is Bernardo Silva.
Top player / playmaker but will cost north of 50 M.
Mbappe is tapped to be a starter next season. He will score at will and may break Martial record fee when he moves in a year or two.

Would be happy with the rest on the list although Isco and Xhaka in MF would give us the pace of a tanker in MF. Would prefer a more mobile cm (Saul Niguez, Babayoko).

Monaco have some team at the moment.

The likes of Fabinho, Glik, Mendy , Bakayoko, Silva, Lemar, Mbappe could and would easily improve our squad options.

I don't know if that says more about them or us.

Trilly

Hates A-M, Saka, Arteta and You
Trusted ⭐

The likes of Fabinho, Glik, Mendy , Bakayoko, Silva, Lemar, Mbappe could and would easily improve our squad options.

I think it says a lot about how good/bad coaching can make players look better/worse.

Last edited:

carlito'sway

Established Member
I think it says a lot about how good coaching can make players look better/worse.

Yes it is good coaching but it is deeper than that. It is smart recruiting and great academy.
Monaco has a top scouting department in that regard. Luis Campos did a great job bringing some of those players and even if he left for Lille, they still are among the best in the business.
Monaco also has an excellent academy. Mbappe is one of their top products but they have a few top youngsters in their pipeline.

Aevi

Hale End FC
- ? -
- Bellerin - Mustafi - Kosc - ? -
- Xhaka - ? -
- ? - ? - ? -
- ? -​

So many question marks going into next season, it's incredible. We're not sure if Alexis and Özil are going to stay. The goalkeeper situation is congested, there is no sure starter out of the four we have. LB needs upgrading. Midfield is full of mismatched players. None of our wingers have established a place. It's crazy, only 4 of our players do I see as 100% starters next season...

carlito'sway

Established Member

A bit of both......You can mention the likes of Sidibe and Boschilla as well.
I watch and follow Ligue 1 and I can tell you, there is a lot of (young) players who could easily improve our squad.
At Nice, Fullbacks Dalbert and Pereira are excellent. In CM, Seri and Cyprien are better than most of our current options .
I love Morgan Samson at OM too. Sure talent in Midfield.

carlito'sway

Established Member
- ? -
- Bellerin - Mustafi - Kosc - ? -
- Xhaka - ? -
- ? - ? - ? -
- ? -​

So many question marks going into next season, it's incredible. We're not sure if Alexis and Özil are going to stay. The goalkeeper situation is congested, there is no sure starter out of the four we have. LB needs upgrading. Midfield is full of mismatched players. None of our wingers have established a place. It's crazy, only 4 of our players do I see as 100% starters next season...

Let me guess : Kos, Bellerin, Alexis/Özil (assuming they stay) and perhaps Xhaka. Close to yours?

Aevi

Hale End FC
Let me guess : Kos, Bellerin, Alexis/Özil (assuming they stay) and perhaps Xhaka. Close to yours?
Pretty much what I put down. I'm not giving up on Mustafi just yet, though I guess he's not 100% a starter after several weeks of poor performances... Holding and Chambers will soon be deserving of a chance. No need to go buy in this position though imo.

Goon-Ger

A bit of both......You can mention the likes of Sidibe and Boschilla as well.
I watch and follow Ligue 1 and I can tell you, there is a lot of (young) players who could easily improve our squad.
At Nice, Fullbacks Dalbert and Pereira are excellent. In CM, Seri and Cyprien are better than most of our current options .
I love Morgan Samson at OM too. Sure talent in Midfield.

I've started to watch a lot more Ligue 1 this season but would need to see more of these guys before i judge them.

I do like the look of Pereira at Nice though and also Tolisso from Lyon anytime i have seen him.

carlito'sway

Established Member
Pretty much what I put down. I'm not giving up on Mustafi just yet, though I guess he's not 100% a starter after several weeks of poor performances... Holding and Chambers will soon be deserving of a chance. No need to go buy in this position though imo.

Yeah....me neither I am not giving up on Mustafi but as you said he has been piss poor since back form injuries. He needs to sort this out. Would love to see more of Holding though. I think he is a natural defender and can be really good.

carlito'sway

Established Member
I've started to watch a lot more Ligue 1 this season but would need to see more of these guys before i judge them.

I do like the look of Pereira at Nice though and also Tolisso from Lyon anytime i have seen him.

Yeah..Tolisso is good too. If Fekir can get back to his level pre injury, he would be a terrific option on either wing.

Mitch

Blonde Brigade Grand Wizard
For me the fulbacks and keeper positions are the positions which require strengthening the most.

Donnarumma - Already amongst the top 10 keepers in the world and has the potential to be Neuer and DDG level. Will cost a fortune but worth it to have the keeper position sorted for the next 20 years.

Antonelli - An experienced, defensively solid and consistent LB.

Fabinho - One of the most wanted players in Europe and it would be a statement of intent. Fabinho is having a great season at CM but we need him for his natural position of RB.

carlito'sway

Established Member
For me the fulbacks and keeper positions are the positions which require strengthening the most.

Donnarumma - Already amongst the top 10 keepers in the world and has the potential to be Neuer and DDG level. Will cost a fortune but worth it to have the keeper position sorted for the next 20 years.

Fabinho - One of the most wanted players in Europe and it would be a statement of intent. Fabinho is having a great season at CM but we need him for his natural position of RB.

Fabinho is a complete player. Not sure why he would come to play RB though since we have Bellerin there, we are pretty covered. He will not join to be a back up.

Mitch

Blonde Brigade Grand Wizard
Fabinho is a complete player. Not sure why he would come to play RB though since we have Bellerin there, we are pretty covered. He will not join to be a back up.

Bellerin hasn't been good enough, one of weakest players in the first team. I'd rather start any of Santi, Xhaka, Jack or Elneny in cm than start Bellerin at RB.

carlito'sway

Established Member
Bellerin hasn't been good enough, one of weakest players in the first team. I'd rather start any of Santi, Xhaka, Jack or Elneny in cm than start Bellerin at RB.

Bellerin is only 21 and will continue to progress. I don't think RB is our priority today. We have urgent issues in CM and on the wings. We need serious talent there. Would love Marco Reus, I think he is at the end of his cycle with BVB. Too bad we missed Draxler though.

Goon-Ger

So would you sell Bellerin or hope that those 2 could be kept happy being rotated?

Hunta

Established Member
Trusted ⭐

We wanted Sidibe in the summer, he wanted a guaranteed starting spot I think, maybe we'll go back in for him and get him if he's told he'll be our first choice LB.

Aevi

Hale End FC
We wanted Sidibe in the summer, he wanted a guaranteed starting spot I think, maybe we'll go back in for him and get him if he's told he'll be our first choice LB.
No, it's because he wanted to play right-back instead of left-back (the former of which Monaco offered, and the latter of which is what we offered). And left-back is still the position we're looking to upgrade, so it's unlikely he'd want to come.

Arsenal Quotes

I'm obsessed by the idea of making my mark on history. And Arsenal is my paradise.

Thierry Henry

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom