• ! ! ! IMPORTANT MESSAGE ! ! !

Discussions about police investigations

In light of recent developments about a player from Premier League being arrested and until there is an official announcement, ALL users should refrain from discussing or speculating about situations around personal off-pitch matters related to any Arsenal player. This is to protect you and the forum.

Users who disregard this reminder will be issued warnings and their posts will get deleted from public.

Theo Walcott: Sold to Everton

Status
Not open for further replies.

MaraDon

Wants you to learn about football
Before his ACL injury he was well worth his place in the side, probably the best run of games in his Arsenal career. It took him some time to get back in 14/15 but even then he looked quite good, in fact Wenger was holding him back and he was getting the Lucas Perez treatment on here with people saying the manager had an agenda against him. Playing on the LW killed him last season, we know he's limited and putting him out there sapped his confidence because he had no idea how to affect the game from that position.

Nothing wrong with wanting to improve on Theo, I just don't think he deserves to be lambasted as if he's had a nothing career at the club.
he is on silly money because he is British
he has a decent scoring record mostly because of the football we play
we have a manager that sees someone running fast and wet his pants
he has a career only due to wenger
Lennon has more football inside him than Walcott...
he is a tactical player because what makes him lethal is his off the ball football
no one is taking away anything from him, but if project 2005 is walcott Im extremely happy that project 2015 is the ox, it tells that we have learned a lesson.

Taylor Gang Gunners

Say Yeh or You're Making The List
Trusted ⭐
Nothing wrong with wanting to improve on Theo, I just don't think he deserves to be lambasted as if he's had a nothing career at the club.

Certainly not a nothing career, he's bagged 100 goals, fairplay to him.

But he's been here 11 years and is no better than the day he walked through the door. He owes Wenger EVERYTHING. A comfortable life in London making ridiculous amounts of money, playing at the top level every year with a place in the team all but guaranteed.

What has he done to earn this? Many a manager would've sent him on the first thing smoking back to Southampton. If there was ever a time for Walcott to genuinely prove his worth, it was last season. We needed him, our longest serving player, to step up and contribute, we got nothing.

He turned in some absolutely shambolic performances and still does to this day. I spent years wishing Walcott would become a more complete player, he's 27 now and still shocking. If anyone deserves a "thanks for the memories, but it's time to say goodbye" banner it's this lad.

Trilly

Hates A-M, Saka, Arteta and You
Trusted ⭐

he is on silly money because he is British
he has a decent scoring record mostly because of the football we play
we have a manager that sees someone running fast and wet his pants
he has a career only due to wenger
Lennon has more football inside him than Walcott...
he is a tactical player because what makes him lethal is his off the ball football
no one is taking away anything from him, but if project 2005 is walcott Im extremely happy that project 2015 is the ox, it tells that we have learned a lesson.
Agree. Wenger has the tendency to do this weird thing where he just signs athletes with complete disregard for their footballing ability.

Think that explains Walcott and probably Jenkinson too.

CurryFlavoured

Established Member
Before his ACL injury he was well worth his place in the side, probably the best run of games in his Arsenal career. It took him some time to get back in 14/15 but even then he looked quite good, in fact Wenger was holding him back and he was getting the Lucas Perez treatment on here with people saying the manager had an agenda against him. Playing on the LW killed him last season, we know he's limited and putting him out there sapped his confidence because he had no idea how to affect the game from that position.

We never should have rested on our laurels with Walcott in my opinion, even in his better runs of form. I'll acknowledge he has some good qualities but overall he's just far too limited and always has been. My main problem isn't with Walcott exactly but the club for investing so much time and money into a below average player by the standards of a team that we all want to be challenging for a title.

_reed_

Certainly not a nothing career, he's bagged 100 goals, fairplay to him.

But he's been here 11 years and is no better than the day he walked through the door. He owes Wenger EVERYTHING. A comfortable life in London making ridiculous amounts of money, playing at the top level every year with a place in the team all but guaranteed.

What has he done to earn this? Many a manager would've sent him on the first thing smoking back to Southampton. If there was ever a time for Walcott to genuinely prove his worth, it was last season. We needed him, our longest serving player, to step up and contribute, we got nothing.

He turned in some absolutely shambolic performances and still does to this day. I spent years wishing Walcott would become a more complete player, he's 27 now and still shocking. If anyone deserves a "thanks for the memories, but it's time to say goodbye" banner it's this lad.
You could say the same about any of the British core

em9999

My rainbows
I think Walcott deserves a massive well done for reaching a ton

I think it's amazing such a limited and average footballer could reach 100 goals for our great club..

Well done Theo

kofigunner

Established Member
Trusted ⭐
i think that's what's known as a 'back-handed compliment' :lol:
Exactly. No matter what his technical deficiencies are, 100 goals from mostly out wide isn't too shabby out of 370 games. He's also averaging a goal pretty much every other game this season? This is after coming back from yet another injury. Brings to mind the whole Andros Townsend love affair with the English media :lol: and how he was hyped to displace Theo. Theo may not be as gifted compared to some players out there, but at least he delivers... when he's not injured

Trilly

Trusted ⭐

Exactly. No matter what his technical deficiencies are, 100 goals from mostly out wide isn't too shabby out of 370 games. He's also averaging a goal pretty much every other game this season? This is after coming back from yet another injury. Brings to mind the whole Andros Townsend love affair with the English media :lol: and how he was hyped to displace Theo. Theo may not be as gifted compared to some players out there, but at least he delivers... when he's not injured
See I think he delivers because Wenger has spent ten years fine tuning him and creating a specific role for him where he runs in behind and shoots/crosses. Ten years!

Then you look around Europe and see the elite teenagers like Sterling who have been hitting double figure goal and assists consistently. Makes you wonder what could have been if a talented player got all of that time.

A_G

Rice Rice Baby 🎼🎵
But he's been here 11 years and is no better than the day he walked through the door.
Of course he is, the Walcott that signed was ridiculously raw.
If there was ever a time for Walcott to genuinely prove his worth, it was last season. We needed him, our longest serving player, to step up and contribute, we got nothing.
Playing him on the LW was an awful idea, you have to admit that contributed a lot to his poor displays in the winter.

What has he done to earn this?
Don't really disagree with any of this, it was an egregious contract but I blame the club more for agreeing to it.
Ten years!
He started like 5 games in 06/07 and then had terrible luck with injuries the next few seasons, I prefer to judge Theo from 10/11 onwards because I think that's when he really established himself as first choice.

Hyruga

Giroud and sanchez are both reaching 100 goals soon. Arsenal can celebrate three centurians soon.

I know who did worse....Welbeck!

arsmile

Established Member
even theo's quote after reaching 100 was so theo:

"I never thought i'd score 100"

was the headline....that's basically "I never thought I was any good...but turns out I just stuck around and then did alright"

would a stopped clock have got as many from RW over the course of a decade???...I dunno...

happy for him.....frustrated by him

Mark Tobias

Mr. Agreeable
Hope not. Only way Giroud scores 7 more this season is if he starts every game.

And if Olivier starts every game then Wenger's career at Arsenal is going to end on an extremely sour note.
Strange comment, as a goal a game is great return from a striker. What more do you want?

Well done Theo. Hope we sell but always liked this lad.

Trilly

Trusted ⭐

One question:

I'm quite young so I don't actually remember but has Walcott always lacked footballing ability? I just can't imagine why Wenger signed him.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Arsenal Quotes

You weren’t world-class when Arsenal signed you

Arsène Wenger

Latest posts

Top Bottom