• ! ! ! IMPORTANT MESSAGE ! ! !

Discussions about police investigations

In light of recent developments about a player from Premier League being arrested and until there is an official announcement, ALL users should refrain from discussing or speculating about situations around personal off-pitch matters related to any Arsenal player. This is to protect you and the forum.

Users who disregard this reminder will be issued warnings and their posts will get deleted from public.

Theo Walcott: Sold to Everton

Status
Not open for further replies.

A_G

Rice Rice Baby 🎼🎵
Theo has an annoying knack for turning up during contact negotiations. I feel like his luck may have run out now. He's on 140kpw right now, so he'll be looking for a pay rise.
That's true, or when he's been snubbed for a major tournament for England (2010 & 2016). I'm not sure if he's going to be looking for a pay rise though, he lacks a bit of self-awareness but I doubt he would push to earn significantly more than Özil, Alexis etc.

Theo Walcott is not a 150kpw+ player. No way in hell he is.
Never said he was, but the wage structure is a separate issue which muddies the waters somewhat- i.e. if players who are literally useless like Debuchy are on £70,000 a week, Walcott's agents could justify him being on £140,000 as the 2nd top scorer at the club.

He has to be replaced with an established top player : not necessarily world class, a Sadio Mane type player would be excellent on our RW. Either that or a highly talented young player who can match or come close to Theo's performances (not too hard) but has plenty of upside.
If you can get a top player, then go ahead and replace Theo. Still think whoever plays there will struggle if the other problems in the team aren't solved: lack of midfield, Özil not at his best etc.

OSBK

Established Member
How long did United keep Anderson in their team? They're still giving game time to Jones, Rojo, Ashley Young, Rooney, Darmian, and Lingard game time.

Who do you consider deadwood?

Anderson won 4 league title's, champs league and league cup. All those other man utd players will win more trophies than walcott.

Anderson was garbage but man utd had much better players than him so didnt have to play him every week.

Walcott is a grade below what we need to win trophies

Trilly

Hates A-M, Saka, Arteta and You
Trusted ⭐

All sauces say he's on 110kpw , Özil is the highest earner with 140kpw.
Fair enough. Don't mind him being kept on that but honestly I think we should start making moves to get rid of the extremely limited high wage players.

Don't mind limited players when they're squaddies but it's harmful to have limited players on a starters wage, especially when we don't have the resources of our rivals.

_reed_

Fair enough. Don't mind him being kept on that but honestly I think we should start making moves to get rid of the extremely limited high wage players.

Don't mind limited players when they're squaddies but it's harmful to have limited players on a starters wage, especially when we don't have the resources of our rivals.
I agree, but we don't have many complete players in our squad, almost every Arsenal player has his extreme limitations: Walcott can't pass, Iwobi can't shoot, Giroud can't run and press, Welbeck can't stay fit, Perez can't make a starting 11, Özil can't defend a corner :lol:. I think we should get rid of the likes of Mertesacker, Debuchy, Jenkinson at first, who don't play at all.

Trilly

Hates A-M, Saka, Arteta and You
Trusted ⭐

Lol jack....Arsenal through and through I guess.

Love the guy.

Still haven't forgiven him for not scoring against United at home from about 5 yards out.
Thanks for the reminder. We've really been through some shxt.:(

A_G

Rice Rice Baby 🎼🎵
Anderson won 4 league title's, champs league and league cup.
What relevance does that have? They'd have won those trophies without him.
All those other man utd players will win more trophies than walcott.
lol
Anderson was garbage but man utd had much better players than him so didnt have to play him every week.
Exactly, so he stayed there picking up a wage for nothing. Pretty much the definition of deadwood....

Mrs Bergkamp

Double Dusted
Dusted 🔻
We haven't sold a significant player in quite a long time. The market has changed significantly since then. We have quite a few talents who would fetch premium prices if we chose to move them on, such as Ramsey, Wilshere and Oxlade Chamberlain.
Özil and Alexis aside,I'd argue that we haven't had a significant player of undisputed quality for a while. I'd be shocked if we got over £50m for any of the names mentioned. £25m is no longer a premium price.

Gooner Zig

AM's Resident Accountant
Trusted ⭐

Özil and Alexis aside,I'd argue that we haven't had a significant player of undisputed quality for a while. I'd be shocked if we got over £50m for any of the names mentioned. £25m is no longer a premium price.

I wouldn't expect £50m for either of those names but if we sold within the PL which I imagine is what would happen, I can't see any of those three going for less than £35m, perhaps AOC.

Yannick Bolasie went for roughly £30m. That's the market within the PL nowadays.

Mrs Bergkamp

Double Dusted
Dusted 🔻
I wouldn't expect £50m for either of those names but if we sold within the PL which I imagine is what would happen, I can't see any of those three going for less than £35m, perhaps AOC.

Yannick Bolasie went for roughly £30m. That's the market within the PL nowadays.
Bolasie got rave review before his move. All our players are a mixed bag and only have a British premium to bump up their price. You're more optimistic than I am mate. Let's see.

Hyruga

Anderson won 4 league title's, champs league and league cup. All those other man utd players will win more trophies than walcott.

Walcott is a grade below what we need to win trophies
Anderson is much better than how he was treated at man utd.

He was decent usually when he played. Sure, he did not score many goals but he was hampered by injuries plus used as a squad rotation and only managed to clock 10+ league games per season for manutd.

He didn't make clumsy mistakes like Coquelin did against Hazard or Xhaka and Coq's red cards. Anderson is a clever player. He did what he can to stay in man utd and tried hard to stay in the team. That cannot be said of certain players at Arsenal who believed they would get to play regardless of how many mistakes they made.

And if you think Anderson scoring only 9 goals in 181 matches for manutd is very little, let me tell you that Coquelin has played 134 games for Arsenal without a goal. Both played at a similar position which is Defensive Midfield or CM.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Arsenal Quotes

I think in England you eat too much sugar and meat and not enough vegetables

Arsène Wenger

Daily Transfer Updates

Saturday, May 18

Arsenal‘s interest in Ivan Toney has waned. It is unlikely he will join this summer and neither will Alexander Isak, with the club no longer interested at his £120m price [John Cross - The Mirror]

Benjamin Šeško will cost €65m this summer [Sky Sports Germany]

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom