• ! ! ! IMPORTANT MESSAGE ! ! !

Discussions about police investigations

In light of recent developments about a player from Premier League being arrested and until there is an official announcement, ALL users should refrain from discussing or speculating about situations around personal off-pitch matters related to any Arsenal player. This is to protect you and the forum.

Users who disregard this reminder will be issued warnings and their posts will get deleted from public.

Life after Wenger | Ornstein: Arsenal set to appoint Unai Emery

Do you think Emery will get the club back on an upwards trajectory?

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

WhatAFC

Nobody said it's to be sniffed at. But please don't make 20m buys you Perez arguments. 35m buys you Andy Carroll yet it also bought Alexis. 31m buys you Xhaka yet 32m buys you Kante. Prices are prices, everyone in the market has to pay them. We've had the money to spend in recent years. Surely you cannot deny what is a fact just as I cannot deny Wenger has done quiet well. He has. Great.

But we look like we are about to lose our best player for the last two or three seasons in Alexis and using what you've said if 20m buys Perez how much are you looking to spend on a direct Alexis replacement? 60, 70, 80m? Maybe more?

For doing reasonably well has cost us a lot. Our Puma deal is worth 30m a season and was the highest in the land at the time. I'm sure Puma expected us to have some pictures for them with us hoisting up the league title and for those images to be beamed directly into billions of homes so that they'd be associated with the number one team in England. As of yet we haven't so it'll be interesting to see where they come from at renewal time. Reasonably well but not on parity with Chelsea so maybe we'll just do 40m a season. Opportunity cost lost of 20m.

How about Xhaka or Kante both around 30m one on 200k pw the other on 130k pw. For the sake of 70k we could have (in an alternate reality) been top of the league and not worrying about Alexis or Özil signing on the dotted line and walked into any sponsor meeting holding all the aces. Opportunity cost lost unknown. Tens of millions?

And as this is the life after Wenger thread it's that where I want change. Being prepared to change from a wage structure to a wage budget. If someone gets annoyed at another earning 300k tell them to play better, to no longer discriminate against players because they have "super agents", to be prepared (within the laws) to pay agent fees if it's the difference between signing a player we want and seeing that player goto a rival and finally To be ruthless with under performers.
Just for the record kante is on 110k a week, same as Ramsey...

Tir Na Nog

Changes Opinion Every 5 Minutes

Pellegrini :lol:,don't see any difference between him and Wenger.

Pellegrini remains a bit of a cult figure for some because of the work he did at Villarreal, also he did a decent enough job at Malaga too. Even at City he won the league in the first season and did better than Mancini in Europe. He's a good coach just not the elite level that we should be looking at.

Notorious Big

Drunka In Friend Zone
Pellegrini remains a bit of a cult figure for some because of the work he did at Villarreal, also he did a decent enough job at Malaga too. Even at City he won the league in the first season and did better than Mancini in Europe. He's a good coach just not the elite level that we should be looking at.

Well yea,but the thing is that he is not in category of managers like Simeone,Mourinho,Allegri etc.He is a good coach for some weaker sides.City didn't have a lot of experience in Europe when Mancini was a manager.In terms of gameplay i don't see a lot of difference in City's play under Pellegrini and Mancini.City was quite **** under Pellegrini after his first season in club.Mancini maybe had two good seasons.

Jury

A-M's drunk uncle
Life after Wenger will be exciting, as opposed to boring and predictably disappointing. I'd rather do unpredictably disappointing than to know exactly when we'll sh!t the bed, how we will sh!t the bed, and how much sh!t we'll produce. Also, I really look forward to having two leg CL games in the KO phase again.

He has to go like never before.

Batman

Head of the Wayne foundation for benching Nketiah

Player:Saliba
On paper this looks great! But in reality this is a very very weak team. Where's the brut force that every top side needs to win trophys I just see it with two players up top who are under 6ft
You don't need bruisers up top to win the league. Vardy and Aguero are both under 6 foot. Switching to a back 3 and being able to have 6'5 Koulibaly challenging along with Kos and Mustafi who are both good in the air is hardly a weak side. It's a dominant technical side with enough steel in defense to deal with physical strikers.

Hunta

Established Member
Trusted ⭐

Never winning the league with a dwarf like Mustafi at CB. You need men at CB in this league, not pretenders.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Arsenal Quotes

Don’t be scared to be ambitious. It’s not a humiliation to have a high target and to fail. For me, the real humiliation is to have a target and not to give everything to reach it.

Arsène Wenger

Daily Transfer Updates

Friday, May 17

Cedric and Mohamed Elneny will leave the clubs when their contracts expire this summer [Fabrizio Romano]

Newcastle have joined Arsenal and Liverpool in the race to sign Barcelona winger Raphinha [TBR Football]

Arsenal are keen on Benfica’s 21 year old striker Marcos Leonardo [TBR Football]

Aaron Ramsdale denies agreement to join Newcastle:

Talks have progressed over a deal to take Ramsdale to Newcastle, in a potential £15m deal [Luke Edwards and Sam Dean - Telegraph]

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom