• ! ! ! IMPORTANT MESSAGE ! ! !

Discussions about police investigations

In light of recent developments about a player from Premier League being arrested and until there is an official announcement, ALL users should refrain from discussing or speculating about situations around personal off-pitch matters related to any Arsenal player. This is to protect you and the forum.

Users who disregard this reminder will be issued warnings and their posts will get deleted from public.

Life after Wenger | Ornstein: Arsenal set to appoint Unai Emery

Do you think Emery will get the club back on an upwards trajectory?

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

teamsoutheast

Player:Ødegaard
Life after Wenger will be exciting, as opposed to boring and predictably disappointing. I'd rather do unpredictably disappointing than to know exactly when we'll sh!t the bed, how we will sh!t the bed, and how much sh!t we'll produce. Also, I really look forward to having two leg CL games in the KO phase again.

He has to go like never before.
Bar Monaco, if you look at the draws we have had at the quarter final stage, there are not many teams out there who could compete with Bayern Munich and Barcelona. No shame in going out to them to be honest. I'd rather go out to them than Genk!

teamsoutheast

Never winning the league with a dwarf like Mustafi at CB. You need men at CB in this league, not pretenders.
I wouldn't write him off just yet. Statistically, he was very good at Valencia and was a consistent performer in a team who were performing absolute panties!!! (not even pants!!) I think he's done pretty well considering it's a new defensive partnership.

Jaywood Mac

This thread is painful. Shut the **** up about money!! Anyone going on about money ask yourself this, can you see Wenger winning the league ever again at arsenal? If no, then time to move on.
I've said this before, money means **** all when you don't have any balls and fight. This squad doesn't have it, and arsenal haven't had it for 10 years under this manager.
Going on about how kante Costa hazard etc would walz into our team all because Chelsea have been spending so much more money than us, well guess what,....we could've bought all them guys for the same prices or less than Özil Sanchez xhaka mustafi.
The squad is good enough to not be getting thrashed in the last 16 every year and to at least challenge these "super powered and superfunded" league winners containing players like Moses Alonso Cahill luiz vardy Drinkwater huth, Darren fletcher, kagawa, Valencia , young.
Actually try and watch football instead of looking at the financial documents and you might learn something about the game and about winning.

Bradpiff

This thread is painful. Shut the **** up about money!! Anyone going on about money ask yourself this, can you see Wenger winning the league ever again at arsenal? If no, then time to move on.
I've said this before, money means **** all when you don't have any balls and fight. This squad doesn't have it, and arsenal haven't had it for 10 years under this manager.
Going on about how kante Costa hazard etc would walz into our team all because Chelsea have been spending so much more money than us, well guess what,....we could've bought all them guys for the same prices or less than Özil Sanchez xhaka mustafi.
The squad is good enough to not be getting thrashed in the last 16 every year and to at least challenge these "super powered and superfunded" league winners containing players like Moses Alonso Cahill luiz vardy Drinkwater huth, Darren fletcher, kagawa, Valencia , young.
Actually try and watch football instead of looking at the financial documents and you might learn something about the game and about winning.

But but but net spend oil clubs,sky

remember when certain fans of our club said wait for financial fair play we will be top boys then :lol:

Jury

A-M's drunk uncle
Bar Monaco, if you look at the draws we have had at the quarter final stage, there are not many teams out there who could compete with Bayern Munich and Barcelona. No shame in going out to them to be honest. I'd rather go out to them than Genk!
It's the way we've gone about it though. Uniquely pathetic. Just extraordinary levels of unprofessionalism. As I say, and totally unique to Arsenal under Wenger. Unforgettable comedy. What we've seen, you shouldn't see at that level. How does it happen every time? :lol: It's like watching a highly qualified CEO of a huge corporation turn up for an important meeting, dressed impeccably, with a carrier bag full of human excrement, and see them take a sip of water before spraying the sh!t at everyone. Then laughing hysterically as he produces a huge crack pipe and blasts himself into a crack stupor before disbelieving eyes. Bizarre.

Last edited:

Makingtrax

Worships in the house of Wenger 🙏
Trusted ⭐

Player:Saliba
You see these angry dads in the park shouting at their sons for not having enough fight and balls. Bit like the start of the Journey in FIFA 17 when the hero gets fouled and his dad shouts at him for not being tough enough and storms off.

Those guys are all over this forum :lol:

Jaywood Mac

You see these angry dads in the park shouting at their sons for not having enough fight and balls. Bit like the start of the Journey in FIFA 17 when the hero gets fouled and his dad shouts at him for not being tough enough and storms off.

Those guys are all over this forum :lol:
And those guys that accept humiliating defeats against top sides, embarrassing collapses and groundhog day type deficencies for a decade are all over this forum too.
You seem to talk and know everything about everything but.....football!

Jaywood Mac

We lose the same way every year and also tend to lose against the same teams and managers, fail to win the same trophies and fail in the same stage in the same competition, with the same high level of injuries, with the same tactical ineptness and mess of a defence every year....
....but its OK though guys, we're overachieving in comparison to our squad costs!

Jaywood Mac

There's a new competition being set up for next season. Its called the squad value trophy. Atletico won it but we were in the top 4 and last 16 of europe! 4 more years!!!

teamsoutheast

It's the way we've gone about it though. Uniquely pathetic. Just extraordinary levels of unprofessionalism. As I say, and totally unique to Arsenal under Wenger. Unforgettable comedy. What we've seen, you shouldn't see at that level. How does it happen every time? :lol: It's like watching a highly qualified CEO of a huge corporation turn up for an important meeting, dressed impeccably, with a carrier bag full of human excrement, and see them take a sip of water before spraying the sh!t at everyone. Then laughing hysterically as he produces a huge crack pipe and blasts themselves to a crack stupor before disbelieving eyes. Bizarre.

U sure???

• 2010 - 2011 Lost to Barcelona 4-3 Agg beating them at home. Bare in mind they were probably one of the most attacking teams in europe at the time - Barcelona went on to win it.
  • 2011-2012 - Lost 4-3 to AC Milan on Agg.
  • 2012-2013 - Drew 3-3 on Agg lost on AG to Bayern Munich . Beat them 2-0 at the Allianz Arena. Bayern went on to win it beating Dormund in the final 2-1.
  • 2013-2014 Lost 3-1 on Agg to Bayern Munich. They proceeded to the semi-finals losing to Real Madrid who then went on to win it.
  • 2014-2015 Drew 3-3 on agg to Monaco but lost on AG.
  • 2015-2016 - Got smoked by Barcelona 5-1 on agg. Considering they had a front line of Messi, Suarez, and Neymar and Barcelona scoring 112 goals in that season to win the title.
If you look at the results closely since 2010, bar last season, it has been a lot closer than you think!

Jaywood Mac

U sure???

• 2010 - 2011 Lost to Barcelona 4-3 Agg beating them at home. Bare in mind they were probably one of the most attacking teams in europe at the time - Barcelona went on to win it.
  • 2011-2012 - Lost 4-3 to AC Milan on Agg.
  • 2012-2013 - Drew 3-3 on Agg lost on AG to Bayern Munich . Beat them 2-0 at the Allianz Arena. Bayern went on to win it beating Dormund in the final 2-1.
  • 2013-2014 Lost 3-1 on Agg to Bayern Munich. They proceeded to the semi-finals losing to Real Madrid who then went on to win it.
  • 2014-2015 Drew 3-3 on agg to Monaco but lost on AG.
  • 2015-2016 - Got smoked by Barcelona 5-1 on agg. Considering they had a front line of Messi, Suarez, and Neymar and Barcelona scoring 112 goals in that season to win the title.
If you look at the results closely since 2010, bar last season, it has been a lot closer than you think!
What he means is that it was basically tie over in the first leg, in catastrophic fashion. Then a "heroic loss" in the second leg to salvage some pride. A good result in isolation but always falling short of the nessesary scoreline. That last line is very much a microcosm of arsenal the last 10 years or so.

Trilly

Hates A-M, Saka, Arteta and You
Trusted ⭐

You know when you're in bed with random thoughts popping into your head?

I just thought of the future with Kroenke as the majority shareholder of this club?

What were those idiots thinking when they sold him his shares, there's a real chance of this club never getting back to the 98-05 glory days...

Keep hoping that Usmanov is going to swoop in and take us back to the top but life isn't a fairy tale. We're probably ****ed. :confused:

Trilly

Hates A-M, Saka, Arteta and You
Trusted ⭐

What we've seen, you shouldn't see at that level.
Nail on the head. You shouldn't be losing by those kind of margins at this level, we're all meant to be quality sides playing at the highest level of club football.

So frustrating and embarrassing.

Onroad

I'll be here forever boys
wenger-smile.gif

teamsoutheast

Nail on the head. You shouldn't be losing by those kind of margins at this level, we're all meant to be quality sides playing at the highest level of club football.

So frustrating and embarrassing.
Nonsense. It can happen at this level. Bayern got whooped 5-0 on agg against Real Madrid in 2013. Real Madrid then went on to whoop Athletico Madrid 4-1 in the final (Managed by Simeone BTW). Barcelona beat PSG 5-1 on agg at te QF stage in 2014, looks like PSG ae going to return the favour after the 4-0 hiding they got in France. My point is that these results can and do happen at this level which I have just proven to you. Sometimes you just have to suck it up and accept the better team won on the day. even in 2010 we beat Barcelona at home and but for the Van Persie sending off early in the game, I think we could have beaten them over the 2 legs.

Jaywood Mac

By and large those are once offs for those teams. Bayern may have got a whopping, but only once or twice. They also whopped barca and others and won the damn thing. Same goes for the Spanish teams.
Until we reach two finals any time soon i wouldn't compare us with atletico in that regard, it was also AET.
Arsenal hasnt won the trophy or come close to winning it at all in this time. Just keep going out in the last 16 and getting hammered in first leg every time. Completely different.

teamsoutheast

By and large those are once offs for those teams. Bayern may have got a whopping, but only once or twice. They also whopped barca and others and won the damn thing. Same goes for the Spanish teams.
Until we reach two finals any time soon i wouldn't compare us with atletico in that regard, it was also AET.
Arsenal hasnt won the trophy or come close to winning it at all in this time. Just keep going out in the last 16 and getting hammered in first leg every time. Completely different.

I still stand by my opinion that there is no shame going out to the likes of Bayern and Barcelona especially when on some of those occasions, they went on to become eventual winners.

Gooner Zig

AM's Resident Accountant
Trusted ⭐

Nonsense. It can happen at this level. Bayern got whooped 5-0 on agg against Real Madrid in 2013. Real Madrid then went on to whoop Athletico Madrid 4-1 in the final (Managed by Simeone BTW). Barcelona beat PSG 5-1 on agg at te QF stage in 2014, looks like PSG ae going to return the favour after the 4-0 hiding they got in France. My point is that these results can and do happen at this level which I have just proven to you. Sometimes you just have to suck it up and accept the better team won on the day. even in 2010 we beat Barcelona at home and but for the Van Persie sending off early in the game, I think we could have beaten them over the 2 legs.

:lol:

It can happen at this level sure, but it happens to us in an alarmingly consistent fashion. You really see what you want to see there mate.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Arsenal Quotes

Team picking is a complicated and scientific matter requiring expert knowledge

Herbert Chapman

Latest posts

Top Bottom