• ! ! ! IMPORTANT MESSAGE ! ! !

Discussions about police investigations

In light of recent developments about a player from Premier League being arrested and until there is an official announcement, ALL users should refrain from discussing or speculating about situations around personal off-pitch matters related to any Arsenal player. This is to protect you and the forum.

Users who disregard this reminder will be issued warnings and their posts will get deleted from public.

Premier League 2016/17 season

Where will Arsenal finish this season?

• Total voters

Jasard

Forum Issue Troubleshooter

Rimaal

Mesmerised By Raccoons
Trusted ⭐
Just done this:
http://www.mirror.co.uk/sport/row-zed/premier-league-top-six-predictor-9935059

Which got me the following final table:

1. Chelsea 95 points
2. Man City 84 points
3. Arsenal 79 points
4. Sp**s 75 points
5. Man Utd 72 points
6. Liverpool 68 points

If it ends like this, we can count ourselves lucky.

Very very lucky, which is why I doubt it will end like this. For one, I think there's a good chance of City missing out on Top 4 because of their CL and FA cup runs to contend with alongside injuries to Jesus, Gundogan & Kompany. One more injury and they're scuppered.

Sp**s may indeed falter, but they'd have to crumble in order land below us, and we have to go on a run at the same time. It happened last year, but how likely is it this year? I won't bet on it. Plus they have an easy fixture run in comparison to the rest of the top 6 with only Leicester, us, and United to contend with, and the latter two at home.

As for us, Pool will be a huge match. If we win, I can see us going on a run. If we draw or lose?... ???
I believe we're having problems in the dressing room. Too many leaks, too many players losing form, and too many PR pieces put out by the club.

Last edited:

Rimaal

Mesmerised By Raccoons
Trusted ⭐
I just did it, with Arsenal not losing a single match and drawing 5 (Sotton, Pool, M City, Sp**s & United) .
Sp**s drawing 5 and losing 1 (United)
Man City losing none (not happening) and drawing 3.

And this is the result:

Race.jpg

Possible, but not likely, I would say.

redwhiteAustrian

Tu Felix Austria
Administrator
Yeah, I wouldn't say finishing in the Top3 is out of our reach, and to be honest, I'm rather positive when it comes to Wenger leaving if we finish third - we'd have gone backwards, stagnated at best if you're more on the positive side.

After spending more than what, 120-150 Mill over the last three seasons on new players, that's more than disappointing.

Preacher

Always Crying
I think, we won't reach 80 points threshold, which imo would guarantee place in top 4. Everything will depend on how f*** our rivals will look. If Liverpool will maintain their current form;
Sp**s will maintain their current away form;
City will concentrate more on CL;
United will have problems because of a heavy schedule and lack of the rotation;
- we have a fair chance to end this season in the top 4.

However, too many buts and ifs for my liking. Adding our tough fixtures list, I would say chances are 50/50.

Last edited:

bingobob

A-M’s Resident Hunskelper
Trusted ⭐

great find. The BBC closed down their predictor for some reason.

My pessimistic predictions got me this:
1 Chelsea 93
2 Man City 83
3 Tottenham 79
4 Man Utd 79
5 Liverpool 77
6 Arsenal 74

Also, Crystal Palace and Southampton are fcuking fcuked.
Southampton? I'll eat my hat if they get into trouble. 8 points safe with lots of bodies between them.

Our fixture list is a disaster waiting to happen, going by history.

Tosker

Does Not Hate Foreigners
I can live with us finishing outside the top 4 - it looks as if Alexis is going anyway, and probably Wenger would go - with a new manager I doubt Özil going too would make a huge difference

A season without CL and fighting to get back into the top 4 would at least provide some excitement, and fresh challenges - I love this club but it's all getting a bit boring now

krackpot

Established Member
Trusted ⭐
Southampton? I'll eat my hat if they get into trouble. 8 points safe with lots of bodies between them.

Our fixture list is a disaster waiting to happen, going by history.
just encountered Southampton and Palace playing against all the big boys.

Especially Palace. They are doomed, methinks.

El Granit-Coq

Established Member
So we have all accepted that Chelsea has won the league. Personally came to that realisation today.

Don't see us finishing outside of top 3. Finishing 2nd is doable if City slip in the slightest. But 3rd is the most realistic bet.

bingobob

A-M’s Resident Hunskelper
Trusted ⭐

just encountered Southampton and Palace playing against all the big boys.

Especially Palace. They are doomed, methinks.
I'd accept that Palace are doomed they'll be in a major battle. The biggest worry for Southampton is their centre back pairing having lost Fonte and Van Dijk out injured. Genuinely think they'll be fine Watford, Sp**s and Bournemouth their next three games. I'd like to think four from nine as a minimum meanwhile alot of the bottom teams are playing each other which should see them more than safe. Mind if they don't get minimum four from these games they will be absolutely looking over their shoulder.

krackpot

Established Member
Trusted ⭐
I'd accept that Palace are doomed they'll be in a major battle. The biggest worry for Southampton is their centre back pairing having lost Fonte and Van Dijk out injured. Genuinely think they'll be fine Watford, Sp**s and Bournemouth their next three games. I'd like to think four from nine as a minimum meanwhile alot of the bottom teams are playing each other which should see them more than safe. Mind if they don't get minimum four from these games they will be absolutely looking over their shoulder.
It is very hard to see them going down, yes, But they have a brutal run-in with Liv, Chelsea, $ity among their last few games. Hope they consolidate their position before that.

They should be quite safe in middle table, according my uninformed score predictions in this: http://www.worldfootball.net/table_calculator/eng-premier-league/

GoonerJeeves

Established Member
Trusted ⭐

chelsea.png
    Chelsea 95
    tottenham.png
    Tottenham 85
    man-city.png
    Man City 83
    man-utd.png
    Man Utd 77
    arsenal.png
    Arsenal 76
    liverpool.png
    Liverpool 76
Hopefully it won't end like that...

mm76

Yer Da
i did this twice in fairly quick succession because i thought i'd been hard on us the first time - but it only resulted in one extra point for Arsenal - so i tried again a third time and it was still pretty dismal

trouble is i found it hard to see Chelsea dropping any points - of course they will but it's hard to pick out the actual game when that will happen so i've ended up giving them too many points i think. i had the same trouble with tottensh*te tbh

and Man City are so unpredictable that apart from thinking they might not win the manchester derby i had a few guesses there too

another team i found hard to rate is Southampton - they seem to feature a lot against the top 6 but i found it hard to guess the result in some cases, as on their day they're really good, other times they fold - i may have been a bit generous though

as for us, it's just hard to see us getting much against any of the teams other then a couple of wins and draws as we're just playing so badly at the moment - i'm sure we'll buck up a bit and prove these predictions wrong though - surely !?

1st attempt:

· 1 Chelsea 97
· 2 Man City 86
· 3 Tottenham 83
· 4 Man Utd 78
· 5 Liverpool 71
· 6 Arsenal 62

3rd attempt

• 1 Chelsea 97
  • 2 Tottenham 83
  • 3 Man City 82
  • 4 Man Utd 79
  • 5 Liverpool 68
  • 6 Arsenal 65

Last edited:

Arsenal Quotes

If you don't believe you can do it then you have no chance at all.

Arsène Wenger
Top Bottom