• ! ! ! IMPORTANT MESSAGE ! ! !

Discussions about police investigations

In light of recent developments about a player from Premier League being arrested and until there is an official announcement, ALL users should refrain from discussing or speculating about situations around personal off-pitch matters related to any Arsenal player. This is to protect you and the forum.

Users who disregard this reminder will be issued warnings and their posts will get deleted from public.

Thomas Lemar

blaze_of_glory

I'm not that excited for Lemar I loved watching Mahrez 15/16, people tell me Lemar is better but does he have the flair of Mahrez?seeing his runs were ridiculous
Check out that vid posted above. Guy can move.

Actually from what little I've seen, his dribbling style reminds me of Alexis...

Yousif Arsenal

On Vinai's payroll & misses 4th place trophy 🏆
Trusted ⭐
I just want to understand what were our scouts doing in france? Lemar before moving to Monaco he was playing at Cean we should tried to get him when he was there.

Reactions: BBF

OnlyOne

🎙️ Future Journalist
Trusted ⭐

Check out that vid posted above. Guy can move.

Actually from what little I've seen, his dribbling style reminds me of Alexis...

I thought this too, looks like he's got great balance and can turn quickly with the ball such as Alexis does when his backs against an opponent. I also got reminded of Wilshere a bit as he looks like he enjoys driving forward from midfield and beating players which I really enjoy. Reckon he could be a good cm.

Hunta

Established Member
Trusted ⭐

I just want to understand what were our scouts doing in france? Lemar before moving to Monaco he was playing at Cean we should tried to get him when he was there.
276768_1.jpg

Out and about looking for the next Sanogo.

Been doing my research (reading a France Arsenal forum) French fans seem to think he'd work well as a LCM in a three man midfield. He's also rated just behind Mbappe and Dembele when it comes to talent.

He is bigger talent than those two. The world will find out soon enough.

James Bond

Moderation Consultant
Agreed, but I don't think that is down to him making things up or anything. His source is almost certainly not directly involved in transfer dealings, probably doesn't have up to the minute info and probably does a bit of guess work themselves. Also of course transfers are more complicated than injury updates and the situation with them can totally change from one day to the next.

This needs to be stickied at the top. Not sure why Camden gets call out so much when legit frauds and fraud papers get posted all the time. Why people can't understand what you wrote out I'll never understand.

Either deal with the unpredictability you get when getting info from sources while things are still in the works which give us all something to follow or only post David O. and Arsenal.com. Can't have it both ways yet complain when people with clear sources get stuff wrong/things fall through.

blaze_of_glory

This needs to be stickied at the top. Not sure why Camden gets call out so much when legit frauds and fraud papers get posted all the time. Why people can't understand what you wrote out I'll never understand.

Either deal with the unpredictability you get when getting info from sources while things are still in the works which give us all something to follow or only post David O. and Arsenal.com. Can't have it both ways yet complain when people with clear sources get stuff wrong/things fall through.
To be fair though, if we can't complain about things then we lose a bit of the spice of life.

tap-in

Nothing Wrong With Me

Dito Mbappe & Kante. We no longer have our finger on the French pulse, which is odd as we have a lot of French people involved in the club.

SingmeasongSong

Right Sometimes
Dito Mbappe & Kante. We no longer have our finger on the French pulse, which is odd as we have a lot of French people involved in the club.

What are u guys talking about ?
We were said to be in for Kante, Lemar and especially Mbappe before anyone else. Wenger was even at Mbappe's home whilest all the others did not see his talent.
Wenger also reportedly decided against signing Kante and Lemar 2 years back.
https://www.thesun.co.uk/sport/foot...turned-down-ngolo-kante-thomas-lemar-arsenal/

We did find the talent, we just didn't show determination in the market.
But that's known for ages..

What are u guys talking about ?
We were said to be in for Kante, Lemar and especially Mbappe before anyone else. Wenger was even at Mbappe's home whilest all the others did not see his talent.
Wenger also reportedly decided against signing Kante and Lemar 2 years back.
https://www.thesun.co.uk/sport/foot...turned-down-ngolo-kante-thomas-lemar-arsenal/

We did find the talent, we just didn't show determination in the market.
But that's known for ages..

So its Wenger fault.

SingmeasongSong

Right Sometimes
So its Wenger fault.

To some extend, yes - but it's not as easy as that.

With Mbappe he obviously did see talent more than anybody else but the kid just didn't want to move.
Here all other clubs have been sleeping, I guess?

Kante and Lemar might be partly his fault but yet again nobody else did sign them and they've surely been scouted by more than us.
Not that easy to predict how these guys turn out to be in the PL.
Besides have to consider some might improve vastly in short periods of time whilest growing in confidence.

However, we've been better at scouting great talents than within the last decade for sure.

Trilly

Hates A-M, Saka, Arteta and You
Trusted ⭐

What about we get shot of Özil and see how we do?

You can apply all the above sound reasoning accordingly... I'll help you out. We could get a player who can tackle a bit, score more goals, choke a bit less and be more consistent to make up for his departure. Or a few of them could chip in all round and make us much better than we were when we had him.
But Sanchez is the one who is probably leaving, not Özil.

You just can't help yourself. :lol:

Slartibartfast

CIES Loyalist
To some extend, yes - but it's not as easy as that.

With Mbappe he obviously did see talent more than anybody else but the kid just didn't want to move.
Here all other clubs have been sleeping, I guess?

Kante and Lemar might be partly his fault but yet again nobody else did sign them and they've surely been scouted by more than us.
Not that easy to predict how these guys turn out to be in the PL.
Besides have to consider some might improve vastly in short periods of time whilest growing in confidence.

However, we've been better at scouting great talents than within the last decade for sure.

One thing often overlooked when talking about these young talents and why other clubs didn't sign them earlier is that at the time they may not have been ready to play at a big club such as Arsenal or whoever. They may not get the playing time they need to develop that would be available at a Monaco or a Leicester City. So clubs will sometimes try to lay some groundwork for possibly acquiring them in the future, even though it might be more expensive. The downside is that you may have other suitors once it becomes apparent said player is ready. It's easy to look back now and see how Mbappe, for instance, would surely have broken into the Arsenal first XI this season past. But it would not have been so apparent last summer that he would develop so quickly.

SingmeasongSong

Right Sometimes
One thing often overlooked when talking about these young talents and why other clubs didn't sign them earlier is that at the time they may not have been ready to play at a big club such as Arsenal or whoever. They may not get the playing time they need to develop that would be available at a Monaco or a Leicester City. So clubs will sometimes try to lay some groundwork for possibly acquiring them in the future, even though it might be more expensive. The downside is that you may have other suitors once it becomes apparent said player is ready. It's easy to look back now and see how Mbappe, for instance, would surely have broken into the Arsenal first XI this season past. But it would not have been so apparent last summer that he would develop so quickly.

Exactly.
Besides as scouting and football in general has become so transparent, we can no longer pursue a certain youngster without other clubs knowing about it and therefore being able to just outbid us.

This happened before, especially when we've been very stingy with our pocket

Arsenal Quotes

It was a unique moment, a football fairytale. Was there anyone left who still believed I could give that kind of performance? Probably only Arsène Wenger.

Per Mertesacker on Arsenal’s FA Cup Final win over Chelsea on 2017 being his only appearance that season

Daily Transfer Updates

Friday, May 17

Cedric and Mohamed Elneny will leave the clubs when their contracts expire this summer [Fabrizio Romano]

Newcastle have joined Arsenal and Liverpool in the race to sign Barcelona winger Raphinha [TBR Football]

Arsenal are keen on Benfica’s 21 year old striker Marcos Leonardo [TBR Football]

Aaron Ramsdale denies agreement to join Newcastle:

Talks have progressed over a deal to take Ramsdale to Newcastle, in a potential £15m deal [Luke Edwards and Sam Dean - Telegraph]

Latest posts

Top Bottom