• ! ! ! IMPORTANT MESSAGE ! ! !

Discussions about police investigations

In light of recent developments about a player from Premier League being arrested and until there is an official announcement, ALL users should refrain from discussing or speculating about situations around personal off-pitch matters related to any Arsenal player. This is to protect you and the forum.

Users who disregard this reminder will be issued warnings and their posts will get deleted from public.

Alexandre Lacazette

Status
Not open for further replies.

Yousif Arsenal

On Vinai's payroll & misses 4th place trophy 🏆
Trusted ⭐
Let's see if this week we get this one done. I'm expecting an Orny tweet if we made progress

The_Playmaker

Established Member
Trusted ⭐
Let's see if this week we get this one done. I'm expecting an Orny tweet if we made progress

It would be easier to get Mbappe over the line. Aulas wants us to match the Atletico bid, which we may not do.

What is stopping Aulas having an agreement with Atletico that he plays for Lyon until they buy him in January?

Yousif Arsenal

Trusted ⭐
It would be easier to get Mbappe over the line. Aulas wants us to match the Atletico bid, which we may not do.

What is stopping Aulas having an agreement with Atletico that he plays for Lyon until they buy him in January?
Mbappe is over we are not getting him. The saga is going on and on we should not waste our time we need to get the realistic striker who is available.

G0D

Almighty
Mbappe is over we are not getting him. The saga is going on and on we should not waste our time we need to get the realistic striker who is available.
That's pretty defeatist. You're never going to be the best if you don't strive for the best.

If Lacazette is so readily available then there's absolutely no harm in making him wait whilst we try for Mbappe.

The_Playmaker

Established Member
Trusted ⭐

The groundwork is already in place for Lacazette. Waiting a week for a straight up answer from Mbappe isn't too long to wait considering there is no interest from others clubs regarding Lacazette. The Mbappe chase isn't over until he makes a statement about his future. Sources know nothing currently. He is on holiday with his family making a decision. How could a source possibly know what they have decided.

The facts are simple. City, Madrid, Psg, United, City, Liverpool and Arsenal have probably all made offers. Monaco will have offered an improved deal. He just needs to decide and he probably has.

Yousif Arsenal

Trusted ⭐
That's pretty defeatist. You're never going to be the best if you don't strive for the best.

If Lacazette is so readily available then there's absolutely no harm in making him wait whilst we try for Mbappe.
we could but we have to admit there is teams who better than us financially and quality who are bidding almost 140M euros to get him why we wasting our time for this saga and making same past mistakes?

G0D

Almighty
we could but we have to admit there is teams who better than us financially and quality who are bidding almost 140M euros to get him why we wasting our time for this saga and making same past mistakes?
So because we aren't the favourites we shouldn't even try? Again, defeatist.

So often Arsène and Arsenal get called out for a complete lack of ambition in the transfer market, yet here we are actively chasing probably the hottest property in football and you're not happy about that either?

It's only making the same mistakes if we don't have a backup plan incase it doesn't happen... considering we've actively been talking to Lacazette that is clearly not the case.

every little thing

I don't think lacazette is as close as been reported....Seems like aulas still want more money from us and Wenger won't be happy about it. The deal could collapse anytime. We had experienced it with Higuain.

Penn_

Established Member
Trusted ⭐
If Giroud really isn't interested in a return to France then his screwed the only decent hand we had in this.

If Aulas is willing to gamble on Aletico interest then we won't sign him.

HairSprayGooners

My brother posted it ⏩
If Giroud really isn't interested in a return to France then his screwed the only decent hand we had in this.

If Aulas is willing to gamble on Aletico interest then we won't sign him.

Yeah I think Aulas would rather sell to Atleti in Jan. Especially seeing as he'd get more money.

Lets hope we can get Mbappe. After that I fear for us in terms of buying a CF if neither Laca or Mbappe come in.

Trilly

Hates A-M, Saka, Arteta and You
Trusted ⭐

That doesn't make sense mate. Reliable sources are saying we are in for Lacazette. It's clear that if we want Lacazette we can get him, Aulas has even given us a price. Nobody else is in for him and we would be alerted if they were.

Maybe you're shielding yourself from getting invested in the Mbappe deal but it's not a longshot at all. We're not favourites but the lad himself has said he's not ready for Madrid yet and his family all love Wenger.

FinnGooner

Established Member

We may not have to match the atleti bid. We can afford to pay bigger chunk of the fee up front. If Lacazette gets injured Atleti may not go through transfer. Other targets may come up for Atleti as well since new stars emerge every season.

Also, I doubt Atleti are allowed to make an official deal with Lyon about Laca playing there until January. That would probably break the ban. Therefore, for the reasons I mentioned earlier, waiting is riskier for Lyon.

One Love

There is no way this doesn't happen, IMO, as it would mean we're sticking with Giroud/Welbeck/Perez. Not getting Auba, Costa, Morata, Belotti, etc. Most likely not getting Mbappe either.

This is our only shot.

I do hope we are able to keep Giroud though. He's best as a sub and gives us what we don't get in Lacazette. I'd sell Perez and Walcott. Welbeck doesn't count as he's hardly ever fit.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Arsenal Quotes

When we won the title on May 3-rd by beating Everton 4-0 as Tony Adams scored that iconic goal, we showed everyone and especially Manchester United that we could beat them. Thirteen days later, when we beat Newcastle 2-0 in the FA Cup final in the legendary Wembley Stadium, it was wonderful... I felt immensely proud for the team, for the club: this was the fantastic response I was able to give to those who had put their confidence in me, as well as those who had put me through all those difficult weeks when I first arrived.

Arsène Wenger: My Life in Red and White

Daily Transfer Updates

Tuesday, May 21

Nuno Tavares will return to Arsenal after Nottingham Forest chose not to exercise the buy option in his loan deal [Nottingham Forest Official Site]

Benjamin Šeško’s agent confirms interest from English and Italian clubs, adding that he is not interested in moving to Saudi Arabia [Evening Standard]

Arsenal have sent scouts to watch Benfica midfielder Joao Neves multiple times [Fabrizio Romano]

Arsenal have joined Manchester United in the race to sign Rennes’ 18 year old attacking midfielder Desire Doue [Ouest-France]

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom