• ! ! ! IMPORTANT MESSAGE ! ! !

Discussions about police investigations

In light of recent developments about a player from Premier League being arrested and until there is an official announcement, ALL users should refrain from discussing or speculating about situations around personal off-pitch matters related to any Arsenal player. This is to protect you and the forum.

Users who disregard this reminder will be issued warnings and their posts will get deleted from public.

Alexis Sanchez (Out)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Tosker

Does Not Hate Foreigners
If he goes to city next season he'll be coming into his 30's, im way more happier letting a near 30 Alexis go and have 1/2 more seasons at the top in the prem before turning into arshavin.

Also if we buy Lemar this summer and keep Alexis you can slowly intergrate Lemar in as the replacement. If Alexis is the difference between us winning the league this season coming then it's a no brainer.
let's have some positivity - Alexis didn't help us win the league last season - if we win it next season it will be down to our new signings, new coaching and new formation - if he stays and lends a hand, fine, but I am not falling for the widespread view that without him we are bound to fail

Slartibartfast

CIES Loyalist
What if he just goes to City anyway next season though?

Wouldn't bother me in the slightest as long as he did the job for Arsenal this year and spearheaded a title challenge or at least back into the top four. If City didn't sign him they'd acquire somebody else who was basically as good, so what's the difference? But it can't be this year for reasons I've expressed a number of times.

Sanchez11

Nobody Is Coming!

You could also look at it that lemar with lacazette and mahrez could make us better as a team. Everything wouldnt go through one player like sanchez. Not trolling by the way just a thought!

OSBK

Established Member
Alexis is doing silly demands to cut options. That way only city can get him. He is asking Arsenal imposible money to avoid signing. I think like many here. We don't sell him and I don't care if he goes next year in free. It is easier to replace him that way.

I would sell him to PSG and bring lemar and Mahrez. His attitude is annoying now. But city never!

I dont think you can question his attitude. He carried us for much of last season and done the work of 2 players. He is aging and every game he is adding miles to the clock. He wants to challenge and fight and win, if arsenal cannot offer him that then cannot blame the guy for wanting to look elsewhere. The money thing is football today, £275k a week is standard man utd pay.

I would be devastated if he left, and if he did I would wish him well as he has been absolute class for us.

Gooner Zig

AM's Resident Accountant
Trusted ⭐

Wouldn't bother me in the slightest as long as he did the job for Arsenal this year and spearheaded a title challenge or at least back into the top four. If City didn't sign him they'd acquire somebody else who was basically as good, so what's the difference? But it can't be this year for reasons I've expressed a number of times.

I'm astounded at the number of people who think it's a good idea to sell Alexis. We sell him and we're effectively giving up on the title, which is the point where you can't call us a big club.

yorch44

Commander of the Pelotudo Brigade
I dont think you can question his attitude. He carried us for much of last season and done the work of 2 players. He is aging and every game he is adding miles to the clock. He wants to challenge and fight and win, if arsenal cannot offer him that then cannot blame the guy for wanting to look elsewhere. The money thing is football today, £275k a week is standard man utd pay.

I would be devastated if he left, and if he did I would wish him well as he has been absolute class for us.
Attitude inside and outside the field are different things. Yes he did that in the field but if he got tired he is going to do everything for leaving where he wants. He is a bit selfish, I think he wanted to win for him and his own desire, not for the team. He doesn't care where but winning.

RoadrunnerReloaded

What if he just goes to City anyway next season though?

Doesn't matter.

At the moment Alexis on the pitch next season is worth more to Arsenal as a club than any realistic fee City would pay us. No Alexis and we have almost no chance of CL . Making the CL evens out the money we would get from City this summer anyway. Heck, the CL money would probably be more than City would pay us for Alexis.

Plus its too big a risk with everything else at stake and our three nearest rivals financially all making moves. With their new stadiums and such, we would look like a smaller time club than Spuds and 'pool if we sell to City now. This is the time we should be making up ground on Chelsea not losing ground to Spuds.

LacazetteAFC

I think Alexis wants to see out the remainder of his contract so he can get a huge signing on fee and wage at his next club. Maybe Özil is planning the same. Still another season of Özil, Alexis alongside Lacazette would be pretty sexy.

RoadrunnerReloaded

You could also look at it that lemar with lacazette and mahrez could make us better as a team. Everything wouldnt go through one player like sanchez. Not trolling by the way just a thought!

I'd only consider that after we already signed Lemar and Mahrez certainly not before we had both those two in.I think Monaco really wants to hold onto Lemar another season and they are going to demand a lot. Certainly more than City would pay us for Alexis.

tap-in

Nothing Wrong With Me
I'm astounded at the number of people who think it's a good idea to sell Alexis. We sell him and we're effectively giving up on the title, which is the point where you can't call us a big club.

The only way I would accept selling Alexis to City would be if it meant Mbappe & Lemar coming in. Those 2 on 4 or 5 year contracts would more than outweigh 1 year of Alexis.

GDeep™

League is very weak
The only way I would accept selling Alexis to City would be if it meant Mbappe & Lemar coming in. Those 2 on 4 or 5 year contracts would more than outweigh 1 year of Alexis.
You keep banging on about Mbappe, it's quite clear now it's not happening.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Arsenal Quotes

Don’t be scared to be ambitious. It’s not a humiliation to have a high target and to fail. For me, the real humiliation is to have a target and not to give everything to reach it.

Arsène Wenger

Daily Transfer Updates

Tuesday, May 21

Nuno Tavares will return to Arsenal after Nottingham Forest chose not to exercise the buy option in his loan deal [Nottingham Forest Official Site]

Benjamin Šeško’s agent confirms interest from English and Italian clubs, adding that he is not interested in moving to Saudi Arabia [Evening Standard]

Arsenal have sent scouts to watch Benfica midfielder Joao Neves multiple times [Fabrizio Romano]

Arsenal have joined Manchester United in the race to sign Rennes’ 18 year old attacking midfielder Desire Doue [Ouest-France]

Latest posts

Top Bottom