• ! ! ! IMPORTANT MESSAGE ! ! !

Discussions about police investigations

In light of recent developments about a player from Premier League being arrested and until there is an official announcement, ALL users should refrain from discussing or speculating about situations around personal off-pitch matters related to any Arsenal player. This is to protect you and the forum.

Users who disregard this reminder will be issued warnings and their posts will get deleted from public.

Thomas Lemar

carlito'sway

Established Member
L'Equipe were the first to report on the initial bid and are regularly mentioning us in relation to Lemar. I couldn't give a **** about Monaco blogs or forums. If gunnerblog or northbanklower did a blog saying we're signing X you'd think it was bollocks.

L'Equipe has been peddling an awful lot of nonsense lately and as I said most of the time they are quoting the Sun or the Mail.

Kingslayer

Forza Milan
I am really puzzled by this Lemar goose chase. On Monaco blogs and related french sites, this Lemar to Arsenal is only mentioned in relation to English sources (Sky, Daily mail etc), nothing reliable or coming from good french/ local sources.
Monaco seems to be resigned to lose Mbappe. He has more leverage anyway, his contract ends in 2019 (Lemar in 2020). In addition, 180 M is a deal a club can not refuse. However selling Lemar doesn't seem to be in their agenda.
Monaco is looking for Mbappe replacement already and Dolberg (Ajax) and Lautaro Martinez are the most mentioned, both great talents. However, they don't seem to be in any rush to get a decent replacement for Lemar on the left.
By the way, this Monaco fan twitter account is pretty good, julien_mgrt

We know there's been negotiations because Wenger himself said so. That we haven't moved onto Mahrez (or anyone else) would seem to indicate the club feel a deal can be done, no matter what French sources are saying.

field442

Hates Journalists Named James
Trusted ⭐
L'Equipe has been peddling an awful lot of nonsense lately and as I said most of the time they are quoting the Sun or the Mail.

No they aren't. They quoted the Telegraph when they ran the story about the third bid being rejected. That's been the only time.

carlito'sway

Established Member
No they aren't. They quoted the Telegraph when they ran the story about the third bid being rejected.

Exactly what I said, they are quoting english sources while generally they tend to rely on on their own for French news. RMCsport a more reliable source, for instance, has rarely mentioned Lemar trade, while they are well connected with Monaco.

field442

Trusted ⭐
Exactly what I said, they are quoting english sources while generally they tend to rely on on their own for French news. RMCsport a more reliable source, for instance, has rarely mentioned Lemar trade, while they are well connected with Monaco.

You said most of the time. They've reported on Lemar to Arsenal more than once and have only quoted an English source ONCE. Fair enough if you think RMC is more reliable but let's not pretend this is all pie in the sky coming from the English press. As has also been mentioned Arsène referred to the negotiations in a recent press conference so there is more to it than just media imagination.

carlito'sway

Established Member
You said most of the time. They've reported on Lemar to Arsenal more than once and have only quoted an English source ONCE. Fair enough if you think RMC is more reliable but let's not pretend this is all pie in the sky coming from the English press. As has also been mentioned Arséne referred to the negotiations in a recent press conference so there is more to it than just media imagination.

Of course, they have quoted English media more than once.
Anyway, there is little doubt that Arsène approched Monaco for Lemar and there little doubt as well that they got a not selling for an answer. It is not like Monaco is holding for more money like they did for Mendy.

Arsenal and us fans can still hope that they may change their posture but there is no sign for now they are planning to do so.

Highbury_2006

Village Idiot
Monaco have a bunch of players who can be used as wingers: Saint-Maximin, Diakhaby, Mboula and Dias. Ghezzal may join aswell, probably to replace either Dias or Saint-Maximin.

North5

Here since 2009. Unlike Cornavirus.

Lol we managed to **** up another summer. Love it. Still got all our dead wood, best players haven't signed contracts, failed to get enough quality in. Lolololol

Lol we managed to **** up another summer. Love it. Still got all our dead wood, best players haven't signed contracts, failed to get enough quality in. Lolololol

Seriously, I doubt Wenger ****ed up this summer. I think he wanted Seo, got him. Wanted Mbappé but as soon as he knew he wouldn't know whch was very early Gazidis and the co say sign Lacazette otherwise fans kill you and he did.

I don't care. I just watch it with one eye. No big in comings, no help from outside. Just hope because of that we will see rise of our big talents like Nelson and Maitland-Niles.

Winning league? Doesn't happen investing in the market as Arsenal. Our best bet is nurturing the youth we have now and hope they will be good enough in 5 years.

Penn_

Established Member
Trusted ⭐
The likes of Perez, Debuchy and Gibbs etc are what's killing our summer. While they're here there's limits to what we can do.

At least we seem to be learning, isn't Elneny on 'just' 30-40k.

dashsnow17

Doesn’t Rate Any Of Our Attackers
Trusted ⭐
Lemar is a player who augments the play around him, much like Özil and Iwobi. I'm predicting Iwobi to have a good season, so why not find someone who can beat a man, like Alexis does?

Mahrez, Keita Balde, Malcom, Schick, Insigne..

tap-in

Nothing Wrong With Me
The likes of Perez, Debuchy and Gibbs etc are what's killing our summer. While they're here there's limits to what we can do.

At least we seem to be learning, isn't Elneny on 'just' 30-40k.

Tbh us haggling over a few million is the reason those players are still here. If you price them to sell them, they'll be gone. If they are here when the window closes, its our fault, not there's.

Ceballinhos

Cheating on Santi
Tbh us haggling over a few million is the reason those players are still here. If you price them to sell them, they'll be gone. If they are here when the window closes, its our fault, not there's.

It's because of their high wages. Their price isn't that high but when you add up with the crazy wages they're on the investment isn't worth it.

tap-in

Nothing Wrong With Me
It's because of their high wages. Their price isn't that high but when you add up with the crazy wages they're on the investment isn't worth it.

1. That's why I say price them to sell. Its our fault their wages are high so we have to cut their fee accordingly. Gibbs should be sold for £5m, Debuchy £3m, and Perez £10m, we gain £18m and save on wages.

Preacher

Always Crying
We hired that bald guy from Sky for contract extensions and incoming deals closing, but looks like we need another guy for getting rid of deadwood. We are shambles in this area.

field442

Trusted ⭐
I understand trying to get back as much as possible on someone like Perez. He's still youngish and is one season removed from a very good season with Deportivo. People like Gibbs and Jenkinson should be sold for whatever it takes to get them out of the club. They cost us nothing and the pair of them are probably taking about £7m in wages. Just get rid.

North5

Here since 2009. Unlike Cornavirus.

Seriously, I doubt Wenger ****ed up this summer. I think he wanted Seo, got him. Wanted Mbappé but as soon as he knew he wouldn't know whch was very early Gazidis and the co say sign Lacazette otherwise fans kill you and he did.

I don't care. I just watch it with one eye. No big in comings, no help from outside. Just hope because of that we will see rise of our big talents like Nelson and Maitland-Niles.

Winning league? Doesn't happen investing in the market as Arsenal. Our best bet is nurturing the youth we have now and hope they will be good enough in 5 years.

To be fair I said the same thing in another thread.

Football has gone mad, may as well try and become the new Monaco.

Arsenal Quotes

Young players need freedom of expression to develop as creative players... they should be encouraged to try skills without fear of failure.

Arsène Wenger

Daily Transfer Updates

Saturday, June 1

Arsenal are pushing to sign Benjamin Šeško, but no final decision has been made yet [Sky Germany]

RB Leipzig want to give Šeško a new contract to remove his release clause, with Arsenal/Chelsea/Manchester United all interested [Sky Germany]

AC Milan have made signing defender Jakun Kiwior their priority this summer [Santi Aouna - FootMercato]

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom