• ! ! ! IMPORTANT MESSAGE ! ! !

Discussions about police investigations

In light of recent developments about a player from Premier League being arrested and until there is an official announcement, ALL users should refrain from discussing or speculating about situations around personal off-pitch matters related to any Arsenal player. This is to protect you and the forum.

Users who disregard this reminder will be issued warnings and their posts will get deleted from public.

Unai Emery: Adios

Status
Not open for further replies.

Tom349

Funny how when available the likes of Xhaka, Özil, Ramsey and Welbeck aren't good enough, are holding the manager back and the manager needs better players and yet when unavailable its the manager can only do so much when so many players are out. When in reality we play garbage football regardless of who we have out there as that is how Emery is. Don't think its a coincidence that some of our better performances this season have been with a team full of mostly youth players who grew up playing the Arsenal way and haven't spent enough time with Emery to have had it temporarily coached out of them.

blaze_of_glory

We certainly didn't have the A-team out there, so can't blame Emery for that. I'd still much rather have avoided the wingback situation though, think we would have done much better without it. Still, it got the points in the end.

The worry is though that we've very often looked just as uninspiring when we have better players available.

field442

Hates Journalists Named James
Trusted ⭐
I'm frustrated to be honest. I keep expecting him to revert to a formation that encourages more attacking football but it's not happening. Before he came he played 4-3-3 or 4-2-3-1 with attacking full backs and now he's using the full backs as wing backs and sacrificing an attacking player or midfielder. We were playing one of the worst teams the Premier League has seen in recent years and instead of playing Suarez or Mkhi ahead of the midfield two (perfect opportunity to bed in Suarez) he plays three at the back.

A_G

Rice Rice Baby 🎼🎵
Does he hate clean sheets?

#EmeryOut
Clearly he does, that's why he told Kolasinac to kick the ball into his own net with *right* foot here:
Untitled.jpg

Hell of an achievement to score an OG like that

say yes

forum master baiter
More points than last season, more goals than last season, closer to 1st than last season, closer to 4th than last season, more points against our rivals than last season (with two more games to go), more away wins than in the entirety of last season.

#NothingsChanged
#EmeryOut

BobP

Memri Fan
Not sure what people are expecting from Emery.

He's done well considering the circumstances.

Two promising performers in Bellerin and Holding have gone down with long term injuries. We currently have no serious RB, our starting LB is basically a winger, we regularly handicap ourselves by starting Mustafi, it feels like we haven't started with the same back 4 in months, and our only recognised winger, if you even agree with that characterisation, is Iwobi.

With the exception of the 6 position and our strikers, our squad is garbage.

In spite of all of this, we're currently a point away from 4th spot. We'd also be a point off 3rd spot were it not for some of the jammy nonsense Sp**s have pulled recently.

Last edited:

krackpot

Established Member
Trusted ⭐
Not sure what people are expecting from Emery.

He's done well considering the circumstances.

Two promising performers in Bellerin and Holding have gone down with long term injuries. We currently have no serious RB, our starting LB is basically a winger, we regularly handicap ourselves by started Mustafi, it feels like we haven't starting with the same back 4 in months, and our only recognised winger, if you even agree with that characterisation, is Iwobi.

With the exception of the 6 position and our strikers, our squad is garbage.

In spite of all of this, we're currently a point away from 4th spot. We'd also be a point off 3rd spot were it not for the some of the jammy nonsense Sp**s have pulled recently.
it's a typical ancelotti type situation. Neither here nor there.

A few nice things but continuation of the previous malaise, even though we added a few players.

We've done better than I expected but there seems to be no style emerging even after half the season

Preacher

Always Crying
sks4yba6wkf21.jpg

From now on we have the easiest fixtures on paper. We need to make it count and go upwards. Having said that, our away form and injuries count are real worries.

OnlyOne

🎙️ Future Journalist
Trusted ⭐

I see a lot of criticism that the football we play under Emery is 'boring' and quite a few people have thought that lately.

Does anyone else just think it's because we don't have any exciting players? The Sanchez and Özil chemistry was pretty much the most exciting part of Arsenal the past few years, add that with Santi/Rosicky/Wilshere, and to an extent Walcott and Ox, they at least were very creative players who could counter very quickly. We just don't have any exciting players in our squad imo.

Yet this season we have still scored some incredible goals, I'd say Fulham and Leicester goals are easily up there with some of the best team goals in the last 5 years. Even the goal against Brentford was delicious.

Maybe it is Emery's football, but in my opinion this squad just lacks exciting players, I still think we'll get our attacking Mojo back soon.

squallman

Still Pining for Wenger
The Sanchez and Özil chemistry was pretty much the most exciting part of Arsenal the past few years,

You think those two had chemistry? It didn't feel that way to me tbh. They both played better working off of Giroud IMO. They weren't Henry and Bergkamp or even Rooney-Ronaldo in terms of chemistry.

Its just that they were both such quality players they made it work but I always felt that their styles clashed and much like with other parts of the team, I felt we would have been better off if we committed to and built the team around one of them.

Now that I think about it we had several players with conflicting styles. Wenger really built a hodge podge of a squad with players completely unsuited to playing his possession football. On one hand, he had Cazorla, Özil and Rosicky then on the other Ramsey, Sanchez and Coquelin. I'm not sure what role Giroud was supposed to play because he could neither play possession football, nor was he able to do the whole kick and run style of play Sanchez loved.

Whatever I think of Emery I just hope he builds a squad where every player 1-25 is pulling in the same direction.

Makingtrax

Worships in the house of Wenger 🙏
Trusted ⭐

Player:Saliba
More points than last season, more goals than last season, closer to 1st than last season, closer to 4th than last season, more points against our rivals than last season (with two more games to go), more away wins than in the entirety of last season.

#NothingsChanged
#EmeryOut
Mate, it’s not helping by saying Emery’s a bit better than Wenger’s worst ever season, particularly when he’s not having to contend with memes, social media rants, planes, boycotts and protests. That’s doing him a disservice.

There’s enough anti Emery stuff as it is;)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Arsenal Quotes

Everyone thinks they have the prettiest wife at home

Arsène Wenger

Daily Transfer Updates

Saturday, May 18

Arsenal‘s interest in Ivan Toney has waned. It is unlikely he will join this summer and neither will Alexander Isak, with the club no longer interested at his £120m price [John Cross - The Mirror]

Benjamin Šeško will cost €65m this summer [Sky Sports Germany]

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom