• ! ! ! IMPORTANT MESSAGE ! ! !

Discussions about police investigations

In light of recent developments about a player from Premier League being arrested and until there is an official announcement, ALL users should refrain from discussing or speculating about situations around personal off-pitch matters related to any Arsenal player. This is to protect you and the forum.

Users who disregard this reminder will be issued warnings and their posts will get deleted from public.

Mesut Özil: 2019/20 Performances

Why Isn't Özil Playing?

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

drippin

Obsessed with "Mature Trusted Members"

You can argue that but Diego Simeone has a pedigree to show why his defensive tactics work. Meanwhile despite Búmery‘s attempts, he concedes 40 chances against Watford at the expense of our attack. Not comparable, just like he‘s not comparable to Klopp, Guardiola as he has been compared to, many times.

The more apt comparison would be Juande Ramos, who also won the Europa League with Sevilla and was a bum for the rest of his career.

You are claiming Watford had 40 chances, while the reality is they had 24 shots and 10 towards goal according to Transfermarkt.

So we can see how you exaggarete things very much (I'm not defending Emery on that match, that's for sure btw.)

The point was that Simeone & Emery both thought Vitolo was better for their teams at the time. Head coaches don't usually choose players only for their talent, they want results more so they don't get the foot.

Ben Arfa situation was also right call for him like Vitolo estimation. Vitolo has been more succesful this far. Emery was right about Ben Arfa too, because no one wants him even for free.

blaze_of_glory

I think Emery will be forced to bring him back when results inevitably deteriorate in December. Last season it was this period as well when he (unsuccessfully) benched Özil.
I think he may just bring in the younger players instead though, which would still help.

kraphtous

Raul Stanllehi
You are claiming Watford had 40 chances, while the reality is they had 24 shots and 10 towards goal according to Transfermarkt.

So we can see how you exaggarete things very much (I'm not defending Emery on that match, that's for sure btw.)

The point was that Simeone & Emery both think Vitolo was better for their teams at the time. Head coaches don't usually choose players only for their talent, they want results more so they don't get the foot.

Ben Arfa situation is similar to Vitolo. Emery was right about him too, because no one wants him even for free.
I think you are mixing posters, I didn't mention Ben Arfa.

Nzonzi, Xhaka, Krychowiak, Mkhitaryan, Vitolo, Carrasco, Meunier. These are the players I mentioned that Emery loves to have. All hard working, runners, who were signed/wanted/played over more talented players. Centre midfielders are played as AM's. Big defensive midfielders. Big guys in defence. Proper midtable stuff.

That's your manager.

Jury

A-M's drunk uncle

The point was that Simeone & Emery both thought Vitolo was better for their teams at the time. Head coaches don't usually choose players only for their talent, they want results more so they don't get the foot.

Ben Arfa situation was also right call for him like Vitolo estimation. Vitolo has been more succesful this far. Emery was right about Ben Arfa too, because no one wants him even for free.
Some people want us to go back to having ten outfield players that can juggle the ball like a demented sea lion. They must not have been Arsenal fans from 2006-2015.

kraphtous

Raul Stanllehi
I think he may just bring in the younger players instead though, which would still help.
He will crack, I've no doubt about it. When the results don't come, and the pressure rises, the younger guys will sit back and he will want to sign some bum in January. Özil will feel like a new signing when he comes back and we win games again.

Jury

A-M's drunk uncle

Nzonzi, Xhaka, Krychowiak, Mkhitaryan, Vitolo, Carrasco, Meunier. These are the players I mentioned that Emery loves to have. All hard working, runners, who were signed/wanted/played over more talented players. Centre midfielders are played as AM's. Big defensive midfielders. Big guys in defence. Proper midtable stuff.

That's your manager.
Hard workers are what good teams are made out of ffs. It's the very base requirement. You're acting like he only signs players with no skill. Can't you see what you're typing?

samshere

Why so serieuse?
Özil bossing it in a snood:

And we clearly train on passing combinations, we're going to score a goal in 20 passes. The video was probably released by Emery to counter criticism of players not knowing what to do.

kraphtous

Raul Stanllehi
Hard workers are what good teams are made out of ffs. It's the very base requirement. You're acting like he only signs players with no skill. Can't you see what you're typing?
For top teams, talent is more important than wingers running back defending wingbacks and attacking midfielders chasing the opposition's defensive midfielder. That's midtable, bum football. The stuff you see Sam Allardyce preach.

drippin

Obsessed with "Mature Trusted Members"

That's your manager.

I'm not mixing anything. It just additional information as argument how Emery got the estimation right for his team with Vitolo & Ben Arfa (Ben Arfa was used against Emery by GDeep.)

You still insist Mkhitaryan is Emery's while Wenger bought him. He just used a player who had big wage. Xhaka is Wenger's buy too.

I'm not gonna go explain all those players, because you mix totally different situations together and exaggarate as a proven fact.

Thanks for the exchange.

Jury

A-M's drunk uncle
Özil bossing it in a snood:

And we clearly train on passing combinations, we're going to score a goal in 20 passes. The video was probably released by Emery to counter criticism of players not knowing what to do.
A ****ing snood... It was about 12 degrees in the morning.... :facepalm:

kraphtous

Raul Stanllehi
I'm not mixing anything. It just additional information as argument how Emery got the estimation right for his team with Vitolo & Ben Arfa.

You still insist Mkhitaryan is Emery's while Wenger bought him. He just used a player who had big wage. Xhaka is Wenger's buy too.

I'm not gonna go explain all those players, because you mix totally different situations together and exaggarate as a proven fact.

Thanks for the exchange.
Emery is not allowed to make any signings at all. But he is allowed to decide who plays and who doesn't that. Mkhitaryan played a lot, until Raul sold him. Xhaka still plays a lot. As I've said, we should be thankful things are like that, or we would have a team of Carrasco, Praet, Meunier if it was up to Emery.

Have a good day!

blaze_of_glory

Didn't put a foot wrong for us. I think people only laugh because we signed him while he had a broken spine or something, which is fair enough. Wenger though, innit. One of his last good signings :lol:
Only Alexis, Laca and Auba after ;)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Arsenal Quotes

The club changed so much, I changed with it and football has changed with us... But one thing never changes: the 90 minutes still belong to the player, 90 minutes during which he is king.

Arsène Wenger: My Life in Red and White

Latest posts

Top Bottom