• ! ! ! IMPORTANT MESSAGE ! ! !

Discussions about police investigations

In light of recent developments about a player from Premier League being arrested and until there is an official announcement, ALL users should refrain from discussing or speculating about situations around personal off-pitch matters related to any Arsenal player. This is to protect you and the forum.

Users who disregard this reminder will be issued warnings and their posts will get deleted from public.

Premier League 22/23: Gameweek 3 (Aug 20-22)

avenellroad

John Radford’s son
Looks like Ten Hag is recalling some Ole counter attack for the forseeable future in the big games. Caught Liverpool cold in the first twenty minutes and then sat back playing on the counter.

In games which they are expected to win, I 100% expect them to screw up. Not worried about them in the slightest.

Rex Stone

Long live the fighters
Trusted ⭐

Worst captain in our history.

Worse than that year Emery named 5 captains.

Worse than Charlie Jones who was so dusted in 1933 he had to give the captaincy to someone else while he sat on the bench after four months.

Worse than Thomas Vermaelen lifting the FA Cup after playing twice all year.

Worse than Xhaka telling the fans to **** off.

Farzad Stoned

Self-appointed Deprogrammer for the Cult of Mik 🟥

Player:Havertz
Looks like Ten Hag is recalling some Ole counter attack for the forseeable future in the big games. Caught Liverpool cold in the first twenty minutes and then sat back playing on the counter.

In games which they are expected to win, I 100% expect them to screw up. Not worried about them in the slightest.
I am worried, he is a talented manager with eternal purse strings; let’s hope the Mancs don’t give him time that is the only other part of the equation he is missing

Gooner416

Master of Stonks
Trusted ⭐

Worse than that year Emery named 5 captains.

Worse than Charlie Jones who was so dusted in 1933 he had to give the captaincy to someone else while he sat on the bench after four months.

Worse than Thomas Vermaelen lifting the FA Cup after playing twice all year.

Worse than Xhaka telling the fans to **** off.
Our number 10 after Dennis.

Reminder that we were mugged off by Cole.

Signed for Sp**s after.

Birmingham.

Joke man.

GeorgiaGunner

#FreeClaude
Should have been sent off after his stunt after 2-[1]. Spent most of the game rolling around and/or crying.

That said (and I only mean this somewhat tongue-in-cheek), he's still clearly the heart of that team.

Actually, upon a re-watch of the incident, I take this back. Salah and Diaz accosted him seconds after the goal and more or less impeded him (not saying Bruno would have made a bee-line if they didn't, but still germane) from advancing to the kick-off. Shame on Bruno for the dive, but Salah's actions more bookable in the ~30 seconds of ****housery.

Decent summary from reddit:
80:55 - Ball goes in the net

80:58 - Bruno grabs the ball. As he grabs it, immediately boxed into left inside corner of the goal by Diaz and Salah.

81:05 - Salah stops contact with Bruno. Finally gets off his back. Bruno walking towards half way line at this point.

81:08 - Salah reengages at this point while bruno is walking forward and pushes Bruno in the opposite direction.

81:12 - Firmino engages and knocks ball out of Bruno’s hands

81:14 - Ball on floor. They try to kick it and gain control.

81:17 - salah picks up the ball.

81:19 - Bruno goes down momentarily clutching face. Salah diverts his run and shouts at Bruno.

81:20 - bruno stands up and speaks to ref.

Riou

In The Winchester, Waiting For This To Blow Over

Player:Gabriel

Signed for Sp**s after.

Birmingham.

Joke man.

Should never have been captain, even if was pretty good in his first season here.

We had Gilberto, Lehmann and Kolo as all better candidates...one of Arsène's weirdest decisions, it was as bad as Maguire as United captain.

Riou

You could argue that the club never fully recovered from this moment.

Batman

Head of the Wayne foundation for benching Nketiah

Player:Saliba
If this version of Liverpool shows up a few more times, City will almost certainly walk the league unless we do something about it. Can't believe how badly out of sorts some of these so called big clubs have looked to start the season.

Gooner416

Master of Stonks
Trusted ⭐

Just watched the highlight of the goal. No way that isn't offside! The referees gifted ManU that goal. 2 bonus points for them. Unreal... :mad:
Was offside but Pool were absolutely dire. United fully deserved the tree points.

Last edited:

CaseUteinberger

Established Member

If this version of Liverpool shows up a few more times, City will almost certainly walk the league unless we do something about it. Can't believe how badly out of sorts some of these so called big clubs have looked to start the season.
If Chelsea, Liverpool and City all continue to wobble it could open it up for a club that gets on a great run. Praying that it might be us! Come on God! Make it happen!

prayer GIF

Gooner_girl14

I am worried, he is a talented manager with eternal purse strings; let’s hope the Mancs don’t give him time that is the only other part of the equation he is missing
I am worried too. They will splash the cash again (Casemiro will instantly improve them) if needed and if they do land FDJ they will look pretty good. Forwards/defence still suspect but Malacia and Martinez look astute buys, and if Martinez-Varane partnership blossoms they will have a strong spine. Though I think DDG is not what he once was. I think ETH was a bit naive and underestimated the EPL in the first two games, but he's finally caught on, unfortunately.

Rex Stone

Long live the fighters
Trusted ⭐

Signed for Sp**s after.

Birmingham.

Joke man.

It would’ve been a better deal if we just said to Chelsea they could keep him.

Guy fell out so badly with Kolo that it turned into “him or me” and we sold Kolo.

Fat L from Wenger on that one.

Farzad Stoned

Self-appointed Deprogrammer for the Cult of Mik 🟥

Player:Havertz
I am worried too. They will splash the cash again (Casemiro will instantly improve them) if needed and if they do land FDJ they will look pretty good. Forwards/defence still suspect but Malacia and Martinez look astute buys, and if Martinez-Varane partnership blossoms they will have a strong spine. Though I think DDG is not what he once was. I think ETH was a bit naive and underestimated the EPL in the first two games, but he's finally caught on, unfortunately.
There are three parts to the formula to go boom and win the big trophies it really isn’t a secret. 1. Money 2. A strong manager 3. Time. They got 2 of 3 and the last one is just time; they aren’t that good as they showed today but I think people thinking ETH is some Tulip farmer or that the players they have are going to always be bad just aren’t very logical. For me the impatience of their management and fans and the time part is the only tricky part from a United point view. I doubt it will take him more than a season frankly and they are going to be much better even this year than people assumed.

Riou

Dein probably thought if Chelsea are getting one of our main players, we want one of theirs in return...the theory was good, he was a quality player.

But it just got worse every season with him, both his performances and his negative affect on the team.

Wish we just got Woodgate from Madrid instead back then, feel he would have been a great fit with Kolo too...I know my boy @Simanu would agree with me on this, but I have sadly lost the password to that account...

Gooner416

Master of Stonks
Trusted ⭐

Dein probably thought if Chelsea are getting one of our main players, we want one of theirs in return...the theory was good, he was a quality player.

But it just got worse every season with him, both his performances and his negative affect on the team.

Wish we just got Woodgate from Madrid instead back then, feel he would have been a great fit with Kolo too...I know my boy @Simanu would agree with me on this, but I have sadly lost the password to that account...
Woodgate was done after the botox mate.

Arsenal Quotes

One of the things I discovered in Japan was from watching sumo wrestling. At the end you can never tell who has won the fight, and who has lost, because they do not show their emotion because it could embarrass the loser. It is unbelievable. That is why I try to teach my team politeness. It is only here in England that everybody pokes their tongue out when they win.

Arsène Wenger

Daily Transfer Updates

Wednesday, May 22

Manchester United have joined Arsenal in the race to sign Ajax LB Jorrel Hato, but the player prefers a move to North London [HITC]

Benjamin Šeško will decide before the Euros whether he wants to leave Leipzig or sign a new contract [Fabrizio Romano]

Arsenal have made an official offer of €20m + €5m add-ons to Fenerbache for LB Ferdi Kadıoğlu [Sabah Spor]

Arsenal are interested in Feyenoord GK Justin Bijlow [Telegraaf]

Justin Bijlow could be available for around £10m [John Cross - The Mirror]

Newcastle are adamant Bruno Guimaraes will not be leaving the club unless his release clause is triggered [The Telegraph]

Arsenal admire Newcastle forward Alexander Isak, but the club insist they will not discuss a deal for less than double the £90m price being mentioned in the media [The Telegraph]

Sambi Lokonga says he has decided to leave Arsenal and his agent is now looking for a solution [Chris Wheatley]

Latest posts

Top Bottom