• ! ! ! IMPORTANT MESSAGE ! ! !

Discussions about police investigations

In light of recent developments about a player from Premier League being arrested and until there is an official announcement, ALL users should refrain from discussing or speculating about situations around personal off-pitch matters related to any Arsenal player. This is to protect you and the forum.

Users who disregard this reminder will be issued warnings and their posts will get deleted from public.

Martin Ødegaard: El Capitanø

db10_therza

🎵 Edu getting rickrolled 🎵
Trusted ⭐

Player:White
Riise is a bit of a throwback. Remember when he broke some poor lads bone that got in the way of a shot. I genuinely didn’t think a football could do that much damage.

He could hit them man. One of the strongest shots I’ve ever seen.

Absolute rubbish player apart from that.

GoonerJeeves

Established Member
Trusted ⭐

Riise is a bit of a throwback. Remember when he broke some poor lads bone that got in the way of a shot. I genuinely didn’t think a football could do that much damage.

He could hit them man. One of the strongest shots I’ve ever seen.

Absolute rubbish player apart from that.
He made a comeback last summer, in the 5th Division in Norway. Played 15 minutes or so, did his hamstring and got a groin strain, then scored a pelanty, upon which they played the Champions League anthem!?

You can see the hideousness in this video, fortunately they've edited out when he was shaking his arse at the ladies in the stands....or blokes.

Bucephalus

Fgs this is why Norwegians shouldn’t be allowed to have opinions on things
A comparison between Bergkamp and Ødegaard is pointless, they played in very different eras with very different demands placed on attacking players.

But Özil and Ødegaard's careers overlapped, at least a little. And I think it's very fair to have the opinion that Ødegaard is more "complete" than Özil. Özil was certainly the better going forwards, by some small margin (though I think Ødegaard has the better shot; by the end, Özil looked allergic to shooting and was just trying to dribble the ball into the net). But Ødegaard does the defensive duties and pressing better by a far greater margin. Hence more complete.

NOTE: I loved Özil. Moments of pure football magic. Had he been born half a generation earlier, would have been an all time great. But in the second half of his career, his position evolved to include duties that just weren't his forte.

Riou

In The Winchester, Waiting For This To Blow Over

Player:Gabriel
Top player is Ødegaard, but let's not bring Bergkamp especially into the conversation until trophies have been won and Martin has been here longer.

Quite a bar to reach before you can be talked about with our legends.

GoonerJeeves

Established Member
Trusted ⭐

Top player is Ødegaard, but let's not bring Bergkamp especially into the conversation until trophies have been won and Martin has been here longer.

Quite a bar to reach before you can be talked about with our legends.
Not many of our players in recent times can be compared to Bergkamp. I wouldn't compare Özil to him either. In many ways Bergkamp was a unique player.

Buhry

Established Member

The one guy I feel genuine sadness for today. He put everything he had into this game until he was spent. Should have stayed on tbh.

First half he was really good, just a shame none of the other forwards showed up and that we don't have a killer striker in the box or to run in behind. Like that one time he played in Kai but he failed to control the ball and generally was just too slow, and Jesus moves like a turtle and when ødegaard played saka free Jesus is nowhere to be seen when the crosses come in. It's so crap to watch man. Swap watkins and Jesus and we win easily

Batman

Head of the Wayne foundation for benching Nketiah

Player:Saliba
The one guy I feel genuine sadness for today. He put everything he had into this game until he was spent. Should have stayed on tbh.
He's grown into a very good leader, not the vocal forceful sort that we associate with our best periods but a great leader by example in his own way. Some of the slander about him "ghosting" by people who don't understand football at all, don't have functioning eyes and clearly can't do anything but lazily further a narrative that hasn't been the case in months was irritating today. He was the only one consistently trying to make things happen and all to often his good work was for naught as his teammates refused to take advantage. He has covered so much ground with such intensity during this run and still he was exerting the most effort to try to lift the team. Subbing him off was criminal from Arteta and totally undermined what was a performance full of heart even without the desired efficacy.

MutableEarth

Reiss' Dad
Trusted ⭐
He's grown into a very good leader, not the vocal forceful sort that we associate with our best periods but a great leader by example in his own way. Some of the slander about him "ghosting" by people who don't understand football at all, don't have functioning eyes and clearly can't do anything but lazily further a narrative that hasn't been the case in months was irritating today. He was the only one consistently trying to make things happen and all to often his good work was for naught as his teammates refused to take advantage. He has covered so much ground with such intensity during this run and still he was exerting the most effort to try to lift the team. Subbing him off was criminal from Arteta and totally undermined what was a performance full of heart even without the desired efficacy.
He's been very consistent this season, and I agree that the "ghosting" claims are often overblown. We fixed much of the tactical problems he was having and he's been consistently good for quite a while now. I feel sad that he wasn't adequately supported in attack today, everybody just seemed a little slow and lacking ideas.

jaystewart

I don't think being the best player out of a bag of turds is something to celebrate. People have said in the past that he is hitting De Bruyne levels but I'm an Arsenal fan and I can remember more games De Bruyne has decided than Odeegard has. Today is the kind of day you need your best players to dig you out of a hole.

And the comparison between Özil/Bergkamp is like comparing apples to oranges because they play different positions. While Martin's career isn't over, Özil had the Bernabeau on its feet at 21 years old and Bergkamp has a legacy. Ødegaard couldn't do the first and isn't on course for the latter either.

Arsenal Quotes

When you give success to stupid people, it makes them more stupid sometimes and not more intelligent.

Arsène Wenger

Daily Transfer Updates

Tuesday, May 21

Nuno Tavares will return to Arsenal after Nottingham Forest chose not to exercise the buy option in his loan deal [Nottingham Forest Official Site]

Benjamin Šeško’s agent confirms interest from English and Italian clubs, adding that he is not interested in moving to Saudi Arabia [Evening Standard]

Arsenal have sent scouts to watch Benfica midfielder Joao Neves multiple times [Fabrizio Romano]

Latest posts

Top Bottom