• ! ! ! IMPORTANT MESSAGE ! ! !

Discussions about police investigations

In light of recent developments about a player from Premier League being arrested and until there is an official announcement, ALL users should refrain from discussing or speculating about situations around personal off-pitch matters related to any Arsenal player. This is to protect you and the forum.

Users who disregard this reminder will be issued warnings and their posts will get deleted from public.

Life after Wenger | Ornstein: Arsenal set to appoint Unai Emery

Do you think Emery will get the club back on an upwards trajectory?

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

2Smokeyy

5.0 ⭐️⭐️⭐️⭐️⭐️ (49)
Trusted ⭐

I say approach Sean Dyche IMMEDIATELY! Whether we sign him or not is irrelevant but at least it might help us to beat Burnley and clinch the sixth place trophy!

Sean Dyche :lol: really?

He's a decent manager but that's similar to when people on here wanted Eddie Howe. Flavour of the month.

IslingtonBornandbred

I don't think Viera will be good choice managing in MLS is huge difference than managing in big league for Viera next move should be managing some midtable club in France so he'll grow as a manager going from MLS to Arsenal is huge risky ste

Yes, but sometimes it's not black and white. We might employ the best coach available and it might not work. We might employ Vieira who obviously has coaching ability but is also a massive presence and leader and Vieira's man management and ability to get the best out of players might be top quality.

It's just about getting the right fit and seeing how everything falls into place.

field442

Hates Journalists Named James
Trusted ⭐
Allegri is probably the only candidate they go after where they'd have to delay the announcement until the end of the season because he's still involved in a battle for the title. The others are either out of work or at teams that aren't really playing for anything.

tap-in

Nothing Wrong With Me
Both excellent managers. Jardim has demonstrated he can be pragmatic and tactically flexible and with Favre you have an adept of well constructed football. I would go Jardim first and Fabre second.

Having said that, my personal choice is a bit out of the left field, I would go with Mikel Arteta. Great football mind, someone while new and with fresh ideas, would carry well the values of the club.

I'm not keen on Arteta purely due to lack of experience, interesting points you make though. I would be very surprised if the BoD go for Arteta, they dont seem to be risk takers. Jardim has made it known that he really wants the Arsenal job, he has to be right up there as potential successor to Wenger. What I really dont want is one of the old been there seen it types, ie Ancelotti, Capello, Benitez.

blaise

Yeah seems really weird our club ready to risk it with unproven coach. Always thought we ll go Ancelotti, Low road. Maybe they see Rodgers that way also.

carlito'sway

Established Member
I'm not keen on Arteta purely due to lack of experience, interesting points you make though. I would be very surprised if the BoD go for Arteta, they dont seem to be risk takers. Jardim has made it known that he really wants the Arsenal job, he has to be right up there as potential successor to Wenger. What I really dont want is one of the old been there seen it types, ie Ancelotti, Capello, Benitez.

The lack of experience is a valid point. Having said that, Arteta would be by far a more risky pick than the names above. It would be a bold move as well.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Arsenal Quotes

Arsenal is in my blood as well as my heart. I will always, always, always remember you guys. I said I was going to be a Gooner for life and I did not lie because when you are a Gooner, you will always be a Gooner. This club is in my heart and will remain in my heart forever.

Thierry Henry
Top Bottom