• ! ! ! IMPORTANT MESSAGE ! ! !

Discussions about police investigations

In light of recent developments about a player from Premier League being arrested and until there is an official announcement, ALL users should refrain from discussing or speculating about situations around personal off-pitch matters related to any Arsenal player. This is to protect you and the forum.

Users who disregard this reminder will be issued warnings and their posts will get deleted from public.

£4mill for Henry

YeahBee

Terrible hot takes
jaguars4ever said:
I don't believe TH14 will leave this summer, but in the unlikely event he does, it's still not the end of the world. We did do The Double in 97/98 without Henry!

Anelka instead then?

kel varnsen

Established Member
i think henry will leave if we don't finish in the top four or strengthen the squad considerably in january. however, i also don't think he'd screw us completely. it'll probably be some sort of compromise. if we're lucky, maybe we can get like £10 mill for him...

KoLo28

There is no way we will only get £10,000,000 - Arguably the best player in the world, something like £25,000,000, it's not like he's come out and said he desperately wants to leave, if he does leave it will be for the right price, he has alot of respect for the club and Wenger.

Mr. Hotshot

Established Member
You think after 6 years as a supestar at Highbury he will do that kind of nonsense? **** no!! Thats crazy for someone of his status. If it was William Gallas I would believe it but not Titi. Hes more noble than that

qs

Established Member
Theres no way Henry would leave the club if it meant he'd lose our support. If Henry went for a decent price and in a fair way we'd all accept it and love im forever. If he bought him self out and ****ed the club over we'd all hate him and he doesnt want that.

mrsvanpersie

Agreed. Besides he doesnt seem like the type of guy that would do that. I mean, Arsène Wenger has made him the player he is today.........

qs

Established Member
Yeah exactly, plus Henry has cultivated a very clean cut image, he wont want to sully that by being seen as betraying us. Theres alot to kate into account here.

ccc

TT will leave in an appreciated way if he decided to go some day. He would never complain like what vieira did after he left for Juven. he would keep silence even if the club owe him. I have faith in TT's personality.

kel varnsen

Established Member
KoLo28 said:
There is no way we will only get £10,000,000 - Arguably the best player in the world, something like £25,000,000, it's not like he's come out and said he desperately wants to leave, if he does leave it will be for the right price, he has alot of respect for the club and Wenger.

well, here's the thing. if henry wants to leave other clubs will surely know it. at the same time, they'll know they can get him on the cheap. arsenal will then refuse any offer in the region of £4-5 mill, but then it'll all come down to what henry wants. if he has decided to leave, there's not much the club can do. we will be held hostage and have to accept whatever the buying clubs are willing to pay. to avoid lengthy legal matters, i think the club will be happy with £10 mill which is more than twice as much as we 'should' get...

henry doesn't owe this club anything. if he wants to leave, i'll understand it. it isn't his fault the team is falling apart...

kel varnsen

Established Member
qs said:
Yeah exactly, plus Henry has cultivated a very clean cut image, he wont want to sully that by being seen as betraying us. Theres alot to kate into account here.

betray us? thierry owe this club absolutely nothing. unlike vieira, his loyalty and effort has been questionionable.

ccc

kel varnsen said:
qs said:

betray us? thierry owe this club absolutely nothing. unlike vieira, his loyalty and effort has been questionionable.

vieira didn't owe the club either though I dislike his murmur about how he was "forced" to leave.

Uri

I don't think he will leave us for 4 mil. If he leaves some club will pay for that.
And i thought of that today, do you guys think he will fit Barcelona ? Do you think he can play with Ronaldinho in the same team ?
I just can't see him the the number 2 star of a team, can't see him giving up on fk on a regular basis... Wherever he plays he should be the star, it's in his character, and he deserves it.
I hope I'm right

RockyRocastle

Established Member
Why would Henry want to stay at Arsenal? Especailly when he could go to Barca?

We are a selling club, and always have been.

Wenger has had the opportunity in recent years to change that, but for whatever reason he hasnt done so.

Ziontrain

Feanor said:
Well said. Where was Henry's carreer before he moved here? Who was Vieira before he moved here? Some people...

Hmmm, I dunno, he had only won a World Cup Medal at age 18, starred from Monaco in Champions league at same age and played in Serie A at 20. Obviously your garden variety French journey man, then.....

Viera was not famous, but don't be confused, AC Milan does not go around buying young DM's straight from Cannes as a matter of course. He was obviosuly highly rated to get AC Milan to buy him from that place at that age. He was one of France U-21 highest rated prospects.

A broken leg had put him off track - AC Milan has a lot of players to pick from and money to buy more. But dont confuse - out of favor with being a nobody. Neither of these two were anonymous (except maybe to the navel-gazing British press) or journeymen. They were expected to be stars from an early age!!

That said, they came here and REALIZED their potential with Wengers guidance and - most important - his unflagging faith and encouragement, which they have him to be thankful for.

nadia

Uri said:
I don't think he will leave us for 4 mil. If he leaves some club will pay for that.
And i thought of that today, do you guys think he will fit Barcelona ? Do you think he can play with Ronaldinho in the same team ?
I just can't see him the the number 2 star of a team, can't see him giving up on fk on a regular basis... Wherever he plays he should be the star, it's in his character, and he deserves it.
I hope I'm right

I think you're right. nobody knows what thierry is gonna do, but i don't think he's going to barcelona. they have their selection and i don't think henry is the first choice there. of course, for him if he's going, i hope it is. but it doesn't seem likely, to me.

also i think we shouldn't judge him for leaving. if you get a better perspective and you have the opportunity...
i like to see him play for arsenal and i think he really plays good football here, honestly i can't even picture henry playing for another club right now, but the chance is there and we just have to accept it...

KoLo28

What do you think the club and Henry would do if Abramovich and Chelsea put in a bid of say 30mill... ?

Ziontrain

KoLo28 said:
What do you think the club and Henry would do if Abramovich and Chelsea put in a bid of say 30mill... ?

Nothing. The baord would be CRUCIFIED if they sold even Aladiere to Chelsea, let alone Henry. That is like raising the white flag.

1970*Gooner

Established Member

Player:Rice
dev_atdi said:
If Henry goes, why would anyone else want to join us? It just wouldn't look good whatsoever.

We're pretty much in the s**t if he goes, you know.

We are in the ****e now with him in it, I think he will be off, his heart doesn't seem with us now. We will survive and we have an up and coming Van P A.W. will find us another little gem. :)

demoman50

I perosnally believe Henry will leave unless we stregthen our team unless its way of him scaring Wenger to buy more players. Which is highly unlikely. However our performances this season have been less than convincing it seems he would see more reason to leave then to say.

This is the first time in many months i've posted. i have been reading the forum but haven't been able to have time to contribute. But now its the holidays and no more uni i'd like start positing more often. =D

Arsenal Quotes

I really like Arsenal. But you, do you like Arsenal? Or just Arsenal with Trophies?

Dennis Bergkamp

Latest posts

Top Bottom