• ! ! ! IMPORTANT MESSAGE ! ! !

Discussions about police investigations

In light of recent developments about a player from Premier League being arrested and until there is an official announcement, ALL users should refrain from discussing or speculating about situations around personal off-pitch matters related to any Arsenal player. This is to protect you and the forum.

Users who disregard this reminder will be issued warnings and their posts will get deleted from public.

Aaron Ramsey: BianconAaron

Do You Consider Aaron Ramsey An Arsenal Legend?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Status
Not open for further replies.

Tir Na Nog

Changes Opinion Every 5 Minutes

Weird how once Ramsey gets a run of games at CM he gets comfortable and starts performing well. If he stays injury free and keeps getting consistent game time then he's one of the first names on the team sheet. That's certainly the way Wenger has always saw it anyways.

Tir Na Nog

Changes Opinion Every 5 Minutes

I wonder how much Pogba actually wants to be Aaron Ramsey...

Being a good midfielder and pulling of new haircuts every now and then, so even Messi copies them.

Well Ramsey is capable of playing in a two and adapting while United had to change their entire setup from earlier this season to help Pogba fit in. Bet Pogba couldn't put in the shift Ramsey does from the wide right position either.

Rocky

Swears he's not a Tottenham fan
Needs game time and to be played in an appropriate position to show his best form. Who would have guessed it...

I imagine he'll be gutted that he has to play with Coq for the next few games.

razörist

Soft With The Ladies, Hard With The Mes

Needs game time and to be played in an appropriate position to show his best form. Who would have guessed it...

I imagine he'll be gutted that he has to play with Coq for the next few games.
I imagine he's happy that he has a manager that has so much faith in him and patience with him. He was top quality after the Xhaka red but it's way too early to start putting down other midfielders to big him up.

Rocky

I imagine he's happy that he has a manager that has so much faith in him and patience with him. He was top quality after the Xhaka red but it's way too early to start putting down other midfielders to big him up.

I think he'd rather play with Xhaka than with Coquelin. Do you disagree?

Nobody is putting down other midfielders to big him up. Coquelin's limitations at this level are fairly blatant and as a pairing they do not work that well together. Pretty simple.

pigge

#Pigge #Equality

Player:Martinelli
He was good today but i'm still annoyed that he is slows our game down, even though he was omprovad this game its just Burnley and im still afraid he's not Passing the ball Quick enough for offense to flourish

Garrincha

Wilf Zaha Aficionado
Trusted ⭐
Looking forward to seeing Ramsey in form & with this mindset pair with Coquelin again. Prefer a three but in a two could be the best choice. Huge opportunity for the pair to nail down the position before Bayern.

razörist

Soft With The Ladies, Hard With The Mes

I think he'd rather play with Xhaka than with Coquelin. Do you disagree?

Nobody is putting down other midfielders to big him up. Coquelin's limitations at this level are fairly blatant and as a pairing they do not work that well together. Pretty simple.
If I remember correctly, our season truely went off a cliff last season when the Coq-Ramsey combination came out. Might be wrong though. However, I think we make way too much of Coq's limitations. I think Coq is one of our best players when it comes to beating the press, finding the simple solution and positional sense. He should be able to work with any midfielder that can take on the creative burden. While Ramsey excels in the box to box, or 'chaos' game, I think he's very capable of playing a more reserved role, like he did today after the Xhaka red. I think we should be ok for now.

Gooner Zig

AM's Resident Accountant
Trusted ⭐

I think the Rabona cross is masking a lot of poor first touches and short passes. I would hardly call it fantastic, decent though.

Can you quantify "a lot"? I hate it when people use throwaway comments like this, it's wishy washy BS with no substance. Actually tell me how many poor touches he had, because for the life of me, I can't remember too many times vs Burnley when I thought "damnit Rambo, needed to be quicker there"

His overall contribution to the game was instrumental and far outweighs any "poor touches" he executed.

Rocky

If I remember correctly, our season truely went off a cliff last season when the Coq-Ramsey combination came out. Might be wrong though. However, I think we make way too much of Coq's limitations. I think Coq is one of our best players when it comes to beating the press, finding the simple solution and positional sense. He should be able to work with any midfielder that can take on the creative burden. While Ramsey excels in the box to box, or 'chaos' game, I think he's very capable of playing a more reserved role, like he did today after the Xhaka red. I think we should be ok for now.

The Coq is a decent player but in some ways he epitomises the problem at Arsenal in my view, perhaps a little less than players like Walcott and Giroud. If Arsenal's aim is to raise their levels and win one of the two competitions that they need to win to satisfy doubters and leave the transition era. The problem is a few too many average players: Walcott, Welbeck, Ox, Elneny, Coq, possibly Lucas depending on how he performs when he gets a chance, maybe Xhaka, Wilshere and Ramsey until they prove their effectiveness consistently, perhaps Iwobi depending on his development, Giroud is very good at what he does but as we know his style and lack of pace slows things down and he isn't on the level of a Costa or Kane.

Look at the competition in Coq's position. At Arsenal you have basically all the other 5 CMs have more footballing ability. So I'd definitely persist with Ramsey over Coquelin. Outside Arsenal there are the likes of Kante, Matic, Dembele, Wanyama, Dier, Pogba, Herrera, Carrick, Can, Henderson, Fernandinho. Next to that list I'm afraid the Coq looks pretty average by comparison to me.

Everton have just made Schneiderlin a big signing. I feel that Coq's level is not above either Schneiderlin or Everton.

HollandGooner

Established Member

Player:Ødegaard
The Coq is a decent player but in some ways he epitomises the problem at Arsenal in my view, perhaps a little less than players like Walcott and Giroud. If Arsenal's aim is to raise their levels and win one of the two competitions that they need to win to satisfy doubters and leave the transition era. The problem is a few too many average players: Walcott, Welbeck, Ox, Elneny, Coq, possibly Lucas depending on how he performs when he gets a chance, maybe Xhaka, Wilshere and Ramsey until they prove their effectiveness consistently, perhaps Iwobi depending on his development, Giroud is very good at what he does but as we know his style and lack of pace slows things down and he isn't on the level of a Costa or Kane.

Look at the competition in Coq's position. At Arsenal you have basically all the other 5 CMs have more footballing ability. So I'd definitely persist with Ramsey over Coquelin. Outside Arsenal there are the likes of Kante, Matic, Dembele, Wanyama, Dier, Pogba, Herrera, Carrick, Can, Henderson, Fernandinho. Next to that list I'm afraid the Coq looks pretty average by comparison to me.

Everton have just made Schneiderlin a big signing. I feel that Coq's level is not above either Schneiderlin or Everton.

Coquelin might be limited in technical aspect, but what about Casimeiro at Real Madrid? they are not the most gifted players but they are important for the team and system.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Arsenal Quotes

Play for the name on the front of the shirt and they’ll remember the name on the back.

Tony Adams

Latest posts

Top Bottom