• ! ! ! IMPORTANT MESSAGE ! ! !

Discussions about police investigations

In light of recent developments about a player from Premier League being arrested and until there is an official announcement, ALL users should refrain from discussing or speculating about situations around personal off-pitch matters related to any Arsenal player. This is to protect you and the forum.

Users who disregard this reminder will be issued warnings and their posts will get deleted from public.

Aaron Ramsey: BianconAaron

Do You Consider Aaron Ramsey An Arsenal Legend?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Status
Not open for further replies.

WhatAFC

You are kidding....Let's dispel this myth once for all. Ramsey is not Lampard.
Second thing, there is a guy called Mesut Özil, he is the one the team has to be built around, not Ramsey.
Did I say he was? Where did I say the team should be built around Ramsey?

Obviously couldn't answer my question so twisted what I said.

carlito'sway

Established Member
Did I say he was? Where did I say the team should be built around Ramsey?

Obviously couldn't answer my question so twisted what I said.

Dude, don't move the goal post...I asked you above what is he good at, since you wrote "Ramsey needs a player who can defend, has good positioning and can dictate and start attacks."...
You responded by asking that question: Can you tell me what lampard was good at other than scoring goals?
So who is twisting things or could not answer? In any case, this comparison to Lampard is beyond ludicrous....

Last edited:

WhatAFC

Dude, don't move the goal post...I asked you above what is he good at, since you wrote "Ramsey needs a player who can defend, has good positioning and can dictate and start attacks."...
You responded by asking that question: Can you tell me what lampard was good at other than scoring goals?
So who is twisting things or could not answer? In any case, this comparison to Lampard is beyond ludicrous....
He is a player who I imagine Ramsey's game is most suited to. That's why I asked the question about what attributes lampard excels at.

Little stat:
Lampard aged 22-25: 114 league apps - 21 goals & 17 assists.
Ramsey aged 22-25: 83 league apps - 21 goals & 8 assists.

Now before you say that I'm saying he will go on to do lampard numbers, I'm not. But lampard is way better apparently when he has a limited game which Ramsey also has according to you.

Mrs Bergkamp

Double Dusted
Dusted 🔻
Xhaka will give us so many options because of his ability in attack and defence. We will probably build around him and partner him with the player our tactics demand on the day. @carlito'sway -the link was interesting and none of the potential new formations showed Wilshere or Ramsey in CM. I think there will be a lot of rotation in MF with games for everyone who steps up.

Jury

A-M's drunk uncle
It's great how stats get brought into it to make a point, but when they're used in return they suddenly don't mean anything, or 'it's not as simple as that'. These last few pages are flotsam.:lol:

blaze_of_glory

Wenger proved again he was right to play Ramsey as winger im sure we gonna see him play in that position next season ahead of Theo ox and Campbell. Our best football last season came from when Ramsey play in right wing.
Yeah I think that is what we will see. Hopefully with Jack next to Xhaka.

RandyMarsh

Established Member
Wenger proved again he was right to play Ramsey as winger im sure we gonna see him play in that position next season ahead of Theo ox and Campbell. Our best football last season came from when Ramsey play in right wing.
And Walcott up front..The more important ingredient imo. Let's not forget how awful our football was before that when Ramsey was on the wing. He's gotta be partnered with the right striker first and foremost otherwise our football turns into a congested, tedious pile of ****.

Batman

Head of the Wayne foundation for benching Nketiah

Player:Saliba
Xhaka Wilshere
Özil
That really the best midfield we got since Song Wilshere Cesc in my opinion. Just need to wait if wenger really gonna play with that midfield . and wilshere stay fit of course.
Fingers crossed. That midfield does pretty much everything you could possibly want a midfield to do.

Jury

A-M's drunk uncle
Wenger loves a ball carrier next to his deep player. He's always tried to have one in his teams. It's why he persevered with Diaby for so long, and Ramsey more recently. Ox has also got games in the center for that same reason. He's said himself that a midfielder that can carry the ball past the opposition in midfeild is very important these days. When I hear people say they reckon El Neny will partner Xhaka, I'm just bewildered.

El Neny was a desperation tactic when we needed stability, and were without Jack and Caz. Nothing more imo.

Highbury Rock City

Even if Ramsey's form hasn't been top top quality, I'm quite exciting about seeing him playing with Xhaka.

Bear in mind, I have no clue how he will perform next season and I have never seen Xhaka play before. This is just my wild and crazy fantasies, roaming around in search for the Perfect Season TM

Coolin

Doesn't appreciate the mighty Nacho
Ramsey's good on the wing? Are you guys serious? He doesn't have the pace or the trickery to be effective on the wing. Not to mention he spends half the time in midfield anyway.

The only thing worse than playing him in midfield, is playing him on the wing. Next season he should be used off the bench when we need a goal. It makes no sense playing him on the right. It's like when we used to play Bendtner there.

StoppageTime

He is a player who I imagine Ramsey's game is most suited to. That's why I asked the question about what attributes lampard excels at.

Little stat:
Lampard aged 22-25: 114 league apps - 21 goals & 17 assists.
Ramsey aged 22-25: 83 league apps - 21 goals & 8 assists.

Now before you say that I'm saying he will go on to do lampard numbers, I'm not. But lampard is way better apparently when he has a limited game which Ramsey also has according to you.

Lampard wasn't 'limited' as a player at all, he was the complete midfielder in his prime club years. Just because he scored goals doesn't mean that's all he did.

BobP

Memri Fan
Wenger loves a ball carrier next to his deep player. He's always tried to have one in his teams. It's why he persevered with Diaby for so long, and Ramsey more recently. Ox has also got games in the center for that same reason. He's said himself that a midfielder that can carry the ball past the opposition in midfeild is very important these days. When I hear people say they reckon El Neny will partner Xhaka, I'm just bewildered.

El Neny was a desperation tactic when we needed stability, and were without Jack and Caz. Nothing more imo.

Like this post, a lot, and it also fits in with how Xhaka plays. At Gladbach, he sat and Kramer, then later Dahoud, were the ones responsible for pushing forward to press, harry players and also to contribute in attack.

In our case, it will be Ramsey, Wilshere or Cazorla next to Xhaka. Ramsey at his best would be brilliant because he combined defensive nous and forward potency but it remains to be seen whether or not he can replicate that form again.

Elneny or Coqulin will be in if we need more security.

WhatAFC

Lampard wasn't 'limited' as a player at all, he was the complete midfielder in his prime club years. Just because he scored goals doesn't mean that's all he did.

You're kidding right? He didn't have a great work rate, didn't create many chances, didn't break up play particularly well, wasn't great in the air. His best quality was timing runs.

A complete CM is someone like gerrard who tackled, could play every kind of pass, score goals, bully teams and dictate a game.

celestis

Arsenal-Mania Veteran

Yup Jack and Caz are the contenders . I think Caz will be starter intially and we ease Jack in .

Jury

A-M's drunk uncle
Elneny or Coqulin will be in if we need more security.

I dont like to think Coq will be so far away from the eleven, because I don't think he's done naything to deserve a benching, but if that's the plan and the vision for the most part, then so be it. Maybe he'll come in for a tactical switch now and again, as you say. Stranger things have happened, I think. There's a lot of options there. Good, solid options too.

Jury

A-M's drunk uncle
Needed stability so badly though. Seems unfair to downplay that crucial contribution when we were hemorrhaging points.

Arteta 2.0 for timing if not for style.
I wouldn't downplay his importance at the time. The guy might have had a big say in us finishing where we eventually did. You don't downplay the role of the humble plumber when you've got a burst pipe in your attic. We've moved to a huge open-plan bungalow now though :p

Status
Not open for further replies.

Arsenal Quotes

The biggest things in life have been achieved by people who, at the start, we would have judged crazy. And yet if they had not had these crazy ideas the world would have been more stupid.

Arsène Wenger

Daily Transfer Updates

Thursday, May 30

Arsenal are one of a number of clubs who have had discussions with the entourage of Monaco midfielder Youssouf Fofana [L’Equipe]

Arsenal are the front runners to sign Besiktas’ 18 year old striker Semih Kilicsoy, who scored 12 goals this season [HITC]

A deal for Bologna striker Joshua Zirkzee would involve a £13m commission for agent Kia Joorabchian [Football London]

Arteta wants to add a defender, a central midfielder, a forward and cover on the right wing for Bukayo Saka [Gary Jacob - The Times]

Arsenal are ready to enter the race for Feyenoord left-back Quilindschy Hartman when the Dutchman returns from injury next season [The Telegraph]

RB Leipzig striker Benjamin Šeško has said yes to Arsenal and now the club are in pole position to complete a £45m deal [John Cross - The Mirror]

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom