• ! ! ! IMPORTANT MESSAGE ! ! !

Discussions about police investigations

In light of recent developments about a player from Premier League being arrested and until there is an official announcement, ALL users should refrain from discussing or speculating about situations around personal off-pitch matters related to any Arsenal player. This is to protect you and the forum.

Users who disregard this reminder will be issued warnings and their posts will get deleted from public.

Alex Iwobi: Big 17 No Safety

Status
Not open for further replies.

Gamefaced

I had every confidence he was going to miss that chance, he's so awful in front of goal amongst other things. He could become a better finisher in time, but he really needs to work hard in training to develop that mentality and confidence. He's doesn't seem to have that work ethic in his game and I can't see him improving unless that changes. Poor technique and was rash with the shot, needs develop this area of his game.

nick gould

I had every confidence he was going to miss that chance, he's so awful in front of goal amongst other things. He could become a better finisher in time, but he really needs to work hard in training to develop that mentality and confidence. He's doesn't seem to have that work ethic in his game and I can't see him improving unless that changes. Poor technique and was rash with the shot, needs develop this area of his game.
With Wenger going what’s going to happen to Iwobi. I see him developing to meet his full potential. Wenger is too nice to the perennial underachievers. Sometimes talented players just need a kick up the proverbial one to move to the next level. Thierry Henry confessed that he got a lot of stick from Tony Adams. In the old days we used to call it character building.

So Iwobi can either improve immensely in the final third ( I think it’s so unlikely). Or, he could go in the same way as some players who were obviously gifted but couldn’t turn it on in the final third. Dembele comes to mind. Remember his days at Fulham where he played as a second striker. Converted to midfield and the rest is History. I know Iwobi has failed dismally in central midfield before, but I firmly believe that after that kick up the a*** he will up his work rate. Once that is sorted he could become a monster in midfield. His spatial awareness is brilliant, he can receive the ball on the turn, he is very strong on the ball and not easily dispossessed of the ball so that leaves one attribute that needs sorting. Ball winning. I saw him own Victor Moses sometime this season. He can win the ball if he puts his mind into it. I know his dribbling is nowhere near Dembele’s but I think he could be moulded into a similar player. You heard that from here first.

Zaza

@MutableEarth was Iwobi's finishing always this terrible with the youth team?? The few clips I saw back in the days, he looked a decent finisher. What happened??
Oh yeah - forget about playing Iwobi as a CM. Almost got released from the club as one. Best position is as an AM. He'll come good.

MutableEarth

Reiss' Dad
Trusted ⭐
@MutableEarth was Iwobi's finishing always this terrible with the youth team?? The few clips I saw back in the days, he looked a decent finisher. What happened??
Oh yeah - forget about playing Iwobi as a CM. Almost got released from the club as one. Best position is as an AM. He'll come good.
Iwobi was never a CM, was a winger. He was a decent finisher when he had conviction. Better using his laces.

Brown Gooner

DoN'T ceNsOR maH FreE SpEecH
Iwobi is rightly gutted that Wenger is leaving. The next manager might expect something from him.
Two things happen to him next season.

He is sold or He is given a final chance to prove himself. No way he gets treated like a baby the way AW has babysit him so far at Arsenal!

Brown Gooner

Can’t stand this guy anymore. If Iwobi stays, he’ll become the future Walcott (and without the goals too!)

Just sell him ffs!

Brown Gooner

Didn’t even turn in a decent performance for the man who has given him chance after chance.

Arsenal’s performance improved so much once he was taken off and Auba came on!

Iwobi is a bang average player :eek:ops:

kraphtous

Raul Stanllehi
I still believe in him, his performance was poor but I believe he can't play on that right side because of what Wenger calls preferential vision.

He's a different player when he plays in midfield or wide left.

MutableEarth

Reiss' Dad
Trusted ⭐
He was poor again. Don't know why he starts on the right, he is always awkward there.

Feel bad for him, it's been a wretched season.

Arsenal1508

Mods are unethical! Özil, come assist me please!
Very young player and it is a a confidence issue. That mop on his head doesn't help. I don't know why players like him and Bellerin can't keep their hair short like when they broke through.

I truly believe that thin on both of their heads gives them a disadvantage.

I like his talent. He is very very strong player. Probably strongest player in our squad? And he is good at holding the ball.

He really needs to make a case for the new manager to not sell him or easy him out of the team next season. Vital those few games that are left.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Arsenal Quotes

The match will be shown on Match of the Day later this evening and if you don't want to know the result look away now as we show you Tony Adams lifting the cup for Arsenal.

Steve Rider

Daily Transfer Updates

Monday, May 20

Thomas Partey is wanted by clubs in Saudi Arabia, with just one year left on his deal [Evening Standard]

Pedro Neto & Nico Williams are admired by the club, while they have also watched Amadou Onana and Martin Zubimendi this season [Evening Standard]

Cedric Soares confirms his departure from the club [Arsenal.com]

Borussia Dortmund will rival Arsenal to sign Fenerbache LB Ferdi Kadıoğlu [Takvim]

Latest posts

Top Bottom