• ! ! ! IMPORTANT MESSAGE ! ! !

Discussions about police investigations

In light of recent developments about a player from Premier League being arrested and until there is an official announcement, ALL users should refrain from discussing or speculating about situations around personal off-pitch matters related to any Arsenal player. This is to protect you and the forum.

Users who disregard this reminder will be issued warnings and their posts will get deleted from public.

Alexandre Lacazette: 2019/20 Performances

Status
Not open for further replies.

Taylor Gang Gunners

Say Yeh or You're Making The List
Trusted ⭐
When you see him take his goals the way he did vs. S’ton, you wonder why he can’t do that on a weekly basis.

He’s deadly inside the box. As good as he is when he drops deeper, we need him higher up the pitch. You always fancy him to finish when presented with a chance.

ksarp

Lacazette is on thr verge of tears every game how does he deserve to be captain lmao. You guys will find anything to moan about.

He also fights to regain possession every time he's dispossessed. Something that's an alien concept to Aubameyang and Saka.

BigPoppaPump

Reeling from Laca & Kos nightmares
tbf, you said that when Jesus pumped out thousands of loaves, "the disciples set him up, easy work."

just sayin ;)

This is the thing Lacazette get so much praise for doing the minimum, it’s why it’s annoying. You’re comparing him to Jesus wtf.

How does your brain transform a trap swivel and shot into the corner of the goal, all expertly completed while under pressure, into a “tap in”? :lol:

One goal he scored a deflection and the other banged it into an open goal lol see how bias makes you exaggerate the goals? At least stop being disingenuous with me.

BigPoppaPump

When you see him take his goals the way he did vs. S’ton, you wonder why he can’t do that on a weekly basis.

He’s deadly inside the box. As good as he is when he drops deeper, we need him higher up the pitch. You always fancy him to finish when presented with a chance.

He’s way better inside the box than when dropping deep, he looks poor and struggles when he’s made to play deeper. He’s an in the box striker.

pacstud

This is the thing Lacazette get so much praise for doing the minimum, it’s why it’s annoying. You’re comparing him to Jesus wtf.
Dear Lord (not you) I hope that's not what you got out my post. A Laca-Jesus analogy.

I'm going to assume you were being witty and sarcastic.

Impact

Established Member
Hang on. First goal. Ball was sweetly delivered straight on to Aubas feet in the penalty box. He wasn’t wide. In fact, you couldn’t ask for your main striker to be in a better position. He had his chance and missed it. :lol:Laca sweetly spun and expertly dispatched the rebound.

What point are you making here? Auba has 50 goals in 78 games while at times being shifted wide. Lacazette has 40 in 103 while always playing as a ST. It's not comparable. Auba is the better goalscorer and should be prioritised.

What successful teams do you know that build their teams around accommodating a lesser player at the expense of a better player?

DasBootist

What point are you making here? Auba has 50 goals in 78 games while at times being shifted wide. Lacazette has 40 in 103 while always playing as a ST. It's not comparable. Auba is the better goalscorer and should be prioritised.

What successful teams do you know that build their teams around accommodating a lesser player at the expense of a better player?

Dunno from where u acquired your numbers, but whoscored has Aubameyang at 56 goals and assists in 66 starts, whereas Lacazette has 50 in 72.

Don't see the need to prioritise one over the other, as the team seems incapable of creating chances for either/both. Futile argument if anything.

Lady_Gooner

Posting While Meditating
Trusted ⭐

I can’t think of one good thing he did today?
Auba isn’t my favourite style of striker ever but at he scores goals and has contributed to the season. Lacazette has done **** all to warrant a guaranteed place.
His away record is shambolic as well

BigPoppaPump

I can’t think of one good thing he did today?
Auba isn’t my favourite style of striker ever but at he scores goals and has contributed to the season. Lacazette has done **** all to warrant a guaranteed place.
His away record is shambolic as well

He plays lots of games like today.

Riou

In The Winchester, Waiting For This To Blow Over

Player:Gabriel
Doesn’t matter if he played well or not, ****ing fuming at that early miss!

Convinced we would have won today if we took the lead in that first half, needs to be benched next game!

Cost Freddie a debut win imo :mad:

BigPoppaPump

Almost every game he plays like this. Then on occasion he has games where he manage goal or goals like last weekend against Southampton, even if he was below average there. And you are all like 'good lets hope he kicks on next game' but meh...

I was trying to be diplomatic but yes Lacazette plays 99% of his game like today, just a generally poor player. Biggest waste of money transfer, but Pepe looks like he's gonna take that mantle.

mpower2540

My faith in the long term vision of this club rests on whether we offer this guy a new deal. We need to start making some very important decisions and selling this guy is a big one that would be high up the list. We’re truly run by idiots if we give it to him.

He’s a bang average striker, terrible today yet he has a big reputation which maximises his value TAKE THE OPPORTUNITY. I’d also be seriously considering selling Auba in the summer while his value is high. We’ve wasted Auba while he’s been here but he’s getting older and I don’t see the point in giving him a huge wage increase if we can get a lot of money for him. BLOW THIS TEAM UP! It’s awful, truly awful.

Martinelli is the only one I’m actually excited about

Vibra

Established Member
I like Lacazette and I like Auba. They don't complement each other AT ALL. Why the **** are they still trying to make it work? Or am I the crazy one?

They're both poachers, neither of them take defenders on. When they start together we're at a disadvantage from the off

Status
Not open for further replies.

Arsenal Quotes

Arsène Wenger's idea is not only to play good football. It's to play good football to win. In my day, we knew that with our style we could hurt teams and win trophies too. But we did it our way, with the positional game, passing, movement.

Dennis Bergkamp

Latest posts

Top Bottom