• ! ! ! IMPORTANT MESSAGE ! ! !

Discussions about police investigations

In light of recent developments about a player from Premier League being arrested and until there is an official announcement, ALL users should refrain from discussing or speculating about situations around personal off-pitch matters related to any Arsenal player. This is to protect you and the forum.

Users who disregard this reminder will be issued warnings and their posts will get deleted from public.

Alexis Sanchez

Batman

Head of the Wayne foundation for benching Nketiah

Player:Saliba
@Sanchez11 you know if Alexis played in a different Arsenal era he'd be the fking GOAT. Instead he had to play with bums and carry 10 players on his back.
Don't get the hate tbf he's given us more than we deserve.
Certainly not a different part of the Wenger Era. He wouldn't get into the Invincibles and guys like RvP and Cesc were levels above him. He was a great player for us until his body burned out with all of that International football every summer and his unwillingness to ever pace himself but he would be nowhere near a GOAT when you saw him daily next to monsters like Henry, Bergkamp, RvP and Cesc.

ArsenesCoatMaker

Established Member
Certainly not a different part of the Wenger Era. He wouldn't get into the Invincibles and guys like RvP and Cesc were levels above him. He was a great player for us until his body burned out with all of that International football every summer and his unwillingness to ever pace himself but he would be nowhere near a GOAT when you saw him daily next to monsters like Henry, Bergkamp, RvP and Cesc.

Alexis would of started over Ljungberg and Parlour on the right

A player like Alexis is very different to DB10, RVP, Cesc positionally everything aside. Comparing him to RVP and 1 plays as a 9 getting the best service in the game and the other is a false 9 or winger making his own goals in a weaker team.

Let's play Aubamawang

RVP scored some incredible goals, but so did Alexis. We only really saw the best from RVP for a season and a half before he ditched us for his "boyhood club" because he was permanently injured. Alexis was rarely unavailable for us, which is the best quality a player can have. It's just a shame he tarnished his legacy by treading the same path.

If you're questioning how good he was for us, remember the drop-off we had in the league since we let him leave.

Xln

Get me Jesus on the phone 📲
Mate put the likes of Henry and RvP in a team with Shkodran Mustafi, Mkhitaryan and you will see how RvP will look more like Lucas Perez

lomekian

Essays are my thing
I have no problem with the way Alexis left, in all honesty. He was also heavily on the decline at the end of his tenure here so not missing out on much helped soften the below.

He was absolutely sublime for us and although he wanted to leave, I don’t remember him ever kicking up a big fuss publicly. Even when we blocked his 50/60m move to City that summer when it was all but sealed, don’t remember him causing massive issues.

I have much more animosity for departures like Cesc, RVP. ****ing snakes.
The main issue is how ****ty City were with us. Tapped up Alexis for a year, leaked all summer that they were going to buy him, then slightly lowballed us in the last week of the window making it impossible for us to replace him....but had him so unsettled and running down his contract that we had to let him go to Utd in a swap with Mikhi as City went lukewarm.

Rattata

"levels above him"
What player is levels above this? If Saka had stats like this the whole forum would be saying best player in the world.

1687167393481.png

Reactions: Xln

HaffBR

Designer of fancy pyramids
I think Bergkamp, Henry and Van Persie peaked higher than Sanchez (95-99 Bergkamp, 2002-2006 Henry and 2009-2013 Van Persie but the last one was too much of injury prone), they are all-timers around this period to me (and TOP50 OAT possible), while Sanchez was still a solid world class player in his time at Arsenal (2013-2017) just as Özil. The closest to this level nowadays is probably Ødegaard, but Martinelli, Jesus, Saka are also close, but they need to consolidate it and improve their game.
All-Timer level is still a level higher than just world class.

ASAP Berg

Established Member
I'm sorry I love Saka and Martinelli but they shine when we control the game, get them involved and usually they come up with tidy finishes inside the box.

Alexis on the other hand was a terror to deal with for teams for the full 90. Relentless player who really should have just been our CF from game one, had amazing skill and pace, he is really underrated by a lot.

HaffBR

Designer of fancy pyramids
Jesus, Saka, Martinelli and Ødegaard all have World Class potential to me (they need to play more at the level of the last season and improve just a bit more), Saka, Martinelli and Ødegaard can develop a bit more and become All-Timers in their primes there are time enough to it imo, it is still in the range for them imo, who I think is more capped is Jesus here because of his age (26 ie prime age already) and he was never a very good finisher what he needed to reach this level (All-Timer).

GOAT level is out of question for all these players tho, but that doesn't mean much, unpopular opinion but Cristiano Ronaldo was just an All-Timer in his prime and yet he was compared to GOAT and GOAT potential players (such as young R9, Cruyff, Maradona, Messi, Pelé), even with his average to often poor decision making while on the ball, average vision, playmaking and average ball retention when pressured. Being injury free and playing at his maximum capacity every match were the key.

Alexis Sanchez was a solid world class player in his prime (24-29 years old), but below the ones of Bergkamp, Henry and Van Persie to me.

MikeVinna

Established Member
Honestly, I believe Alexis would have an amazing impact on Martinelli, them being similar players. Alexis had full backs on a string and also had a mean final ball or cross in him. His body feints were so damn good. But he’s just too old at this point to come back to the Prem.

I do wish he had never left for Manure. At least he admitted that he realised the same thing as early as his first training session. We got the best out of him though. He was alway going to fall off hard physically. Chile played him every single game no matter what. Won a few copa’s though which is pretty incredible.

Riou

In The Winchester, Waiting For This To Blow Over

Player:Gabriel
what-year-is-it-robin-williams.gif

Rex Stone

Long live the fighters
Trusted ⭐

Great way to pump up some fan interest and shirt sales.

Bring him back and let him cook off the bench behind Martinelli.

Riou

@Sanchez11 you know if Alexis played in a different Arsenal era he'd be the fking GOAT. Instead he had to play with bums and carry 10 players on his back.
Don't get the hate tbf he's given us more than we deserve.

The first team he played in for us in 14/15 was a pretty good one, tbf.

Erlis

Only Came To See Granit Xhaka

He is not Arteta's type of player, considering that Arteta wants to build unity in the team spirit, or at least that is what I think. Remember when Alexis was laughing at the team while losing? I think he came to the point of thinking that he is bigger than Arsenal, bigger than Wenger. I liked him as a player but not his attitude. Özil was a great player too, never seen him behaving like an imbecile

I also think the French group, Auba and Lacca, were not good for the team spirit and unity. They were AFTV darlings and the stick with which Wenger was hit by the fans, so was Alexis. They thought they were bigger than the manager.

Batman

Mate put the likes of Henry and RvP in a team with Shkodran Mustafi, Mkhitaryan and you will see how RvP will look more like Lucas Perez
RvP and Cesc were dragging Denilson and Lord Bendtner into the CL places. Alexis and Özil were in some more than decent sides.

Batman

RVP scored some incredible goals, but so did Alexis. We only really saw the best from RVP for a season and a half before he ditched us for his "boyhood club" because he was permanently injured. Alexis was rarely unavailable for us, which is the best quality a player can have. It's just a shame he tarnished his legacy by treading the same path.

If you're questioning how good he was for us, remember the drop-off we had in the league since we let him leave.
If you are actually comparing what RvP was as a player to Alexis then you need help. Alexis was never close to being the best player in the league. RvP was as soon as he could put some health together. No comparison and I say this as someone who loved both when they were here and in fact who counted both as my favorite players when they were here.

avenellroad

John Radford’s son
What a player he was for us. Ridiculous level of talent in his prime. Shame how it ended. All good things come to an end as in life.

Batman

I'm sorry I love Saka and Martinelli but they shine when we control the game, get them involved and usually they come up with tidy finishes inside the box.

Alexis on the other hand was a terror to deal with for teams for the full 90. Relentless player who really should have just been our CF from game one, had amazing skill and pace, he is really underrated by a lot.
Martinelli is probably our best player in terms of still managing to shine against the run of play. He's also every bit as relentless as Alexis. He's just much younger and not as advanced technically yet as what Sanchez was when he arrived at Arsenal with far more experience than Gabi has.

Riou

If you are actually comparing what RvP was as a player to Alexis then you need help. Alexis was never close to being the best player in the league. RvP was as soon as he could put some health together. No comparison and I say this as someone who loved both when they were here and in fact who counted both as my favorite players when they were here.

Sanchez was pretty close to the best player in the league too, tbf...probably 3rd at his best, behind Aguero and Hazard.

Van Persie was better, but Alexis isn't that far away from him.

Batman

Sanchez was pretty close to the best player in the league too, tbf...probably 3rd at his best, behind Aguero and Hazard.

Van Persie was better, but Alexis isn't that far away from him.
Yes he is. People always try to downplay RvP because of the way he left (which is weird because Sanchez left the same way)and I get it but he went to Utd and immediately supplanted Rooney as the best player in the team and won them a title easily. If not for dodgy refereeing he'd have gotten us past Pep's prime Barcelona in the CL as well. We have not had a player near that brilliant since. Alexis was never doing that. That last 18 months of RvP in an Arsenal shirt was better than anything we've seen from a player since Thierry left and has not been matched since. The only reason this is even an argument is because Alexis won some FA Cups. The reality is that if RvP had stayed one more year at Arsenal we'd probably have won the league instead of Utd. He was that good at that point.

Arsenal Quotes

Ian Wright was the incredible striker for whom those around him sometimes found hard to control especially the opponents. He was an extrovert, hyperactive, and had endured an extremely hard life. His playing style was instinctive, and he had that killer instinct, a player like no other.

Arsène Wenger: My Life in Red and White
Top Bottom