• ! ! ! IMPORTANT MESSAGE ! ! !

Discussions about police investigations

In light of recent developments about a player from Premier League being arrested and until there is an official announcement, ALL users should refrain from discussing or speculating about situations around personal off-pitch matters related to any Arsenal player. This is to protect you and the forum.

Users who disregard this reminder will be issued warnings and their posts will get deleted from public.

Anyone else amazed by this?

RocktheCasbah

Established Member
Since 1966 and Billy Wright's sacking;
Bertie Mee 1966-1976
Terry Neill 1976- 1983
Don Howe 1983- 1986
George Graham 1986- 1995
Bruce Rioch 1995- 1996
Arsène Wenger 1996- Present Day

6 managers in 38 years. Sp**s have had practically that many in the time Arsène's been here. I wonder how many clubs can boast such longevity of service from their managers?

And no, I didn't think Stewart Houston's four months deserved mentioning.

RocktheCasbah

Established Member
Hmmmm, Ricey was only in charge for about six weeks though, wasn't he?

Whatever happened to Steve Burtenshaw?

RocktheCasbah

Established Member
Yeah he was still there with George, but what about after? I seem to remember he was sacked after the bung affair or am I completely wrong?

PolishGooner

ExiledInNewcastle said:
To be fair, you have to add Burtenshaw, Houston and Rice to the list.

But they were just temporary, it doesnt count :wink:

Anyway it is great! It shows that Arsenal are pro team. Look at Atletico Madrid - new manager every day

torgrim

He-he look at Leeds or Sunderland, they've both had themselves a handfull of managers the last few years.

Athletico Madrid doesn't count as Jesus Y Gil is crazier than the combined efforts of Bill Drummond and Trent Lott.

Stability yields success.

Webdesignlab

Established Member
USArsenal said:
well ManUre has had Ferguson since like the 20's, right?

1820 ... he was a drunk who barged into the Manure headquarters and they were afraid to ask him to leave. He has been ther ever since. they even have a cardboard box in the yard for him to sleep in after late matches in case he does not get back to the seamans mission. True story.

va_va_voom

OneteaminLondon said:
Yeah he was still there with George, but what about after? I seem to remember he was sacked after the bung affair or am I completely wrong?

He was definately implicated in the Graham Bung Scandal, I think you're right, he did go during that time.

va_va_voom

torgrim said:
Athletico Madrid doesn't count as Jesus Y Gil is crazier than the combined efforts of Bill Drummond and Trent Lott..

I read Ron Atkinsons autobiography (dont ask why) and he goes on about Gill in there, saying he's a loon. For someone who speaks such sh*te himself to say that, Gill must be pretty strange!!!

P.S. Dont read Big Ron's book, its about 300 pages of Ron telling you what a great manager he'd have been at all the clubs he went to, had he not been sacked so soon. Tripe.

Arsenal Quotes

It is well known the referees are protected very well like the lions in the zoo so we have to live with their decisions

Arsène Wenger

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom