• ! ! ! IMPORTANT MESSAGE ! ! !

Discussions about police investigations

In light of recent developments about a player from Premier League being arrested and until there is an official announcement, ALL users should refrain from discussing or speculating about situations around personal off-pitch matters related to any Arsenal player. This is to protect you and the forum.

Users who disregard this reminder will be issued warnings and their posts will get deleted from public.

Arsenal v Chelski: FA Cup Draw

RocktheCasbah

Established Member
AFCG7 said:
they must be pissed.. of all the teams to get..they get us again.. oh dear.
The Lord of the Draws does not like us.. this is what.. 3 years in a row we have been dealt with either Newcastle , Man U , Liverpool, or Chelsea in the 5th.

Not to mention the forth consecutive year we've been drawn against Chelsea!!

baccy_man

Established Member
vin de guerre said:
What is this conspiracy first we play boro four times in a month and now chelski twice in a week!

i was thinking the same thing myself . it is strange the way our fixtures are turning out.

RocktheCasbah

Established Member
The 98 double year was like that though with Palace, West Ham and Chelsea- we didn't play outside of the capital for ages.

Beany

ITK
Trusted ⭐

We'll at least it's at home.

On the basis of the home draw alone we'll be bookies favourite's.

Wenger will be pissed though; no chance to rest a few players. Whereas, of course, Chelski can put out three different and pretty good teams.

That's 3 Prem teams in a row; hardly the luck of the draw!

We had to beat Utd & Chelsea (pre Roman so drop the "Ski") away last year, Liverpool & Chelsea the year before, too.

Also, it looks v likely Manure & Liverfool will go through with straightforward home ties against poor prem teams so here's to hoping they draw each other in the quarters!

GoonerGurjit

Established Member
Beating Chelsea AGAIN won't be that difficult considering that can't even beat a non-league side like Scarborough convincingly!

n_henry

Well, I wish I had some of the confidence some people seem to have...

Just found out about this, and my first reaction was very much "bloody hell", and not in a good way. ;)

Still, we'll get through, methinks. :D

vin de guerre

GoonerGurjit said:
The reserves have also got Chelsea tonight at Underhill. What the hell is Chelsea's reserve team?!?
I think this is Chelsea Reservesfor tonite:

1.Bonetti 2.Webb 3.McCreadie 4.Hollins 5.Dempsey 6.R Harris 7.Baldwin 8.Houseman 9.Osgood 10.Hutchinson 11.Cooke 12.Hinton

lewdikris

Established Member
Wenger will possibly play a slightly weakened team for this one - the league game and the Celta game are just that little bit more important.

But we'll beat 'em.

February is gonna be one hell of a month!

Pat's missing Gerbil

chelsea have only once won at Highbury in the cup...........but never playing against Arsenal! Its about time that Ashley Cole fulfilled his full back destiny and scored a screamer in the last few minutes. Lets face it Nigel Winterburn, Silvinhio, Ralphy last year (and Kolo has too) have all been at it...............Step up Ashley Cole fulfill your destiny!!!!!

Beany

ITK
Trusted ⭐

US T.V. - Arsenal v Chelsea (Rounds 1 & 2)?!

I'm in Florida for both these games

:D :(

Could one of our US operatives tell me where (if???) I can catch them on TV?

I guess it'll be highlights at best; any assistance much appreciated!

I may be in Orlando for Round 1; Definately in Miami/Fort Lauderdale for round 2.

GOONERITTI

Remember that Chelsea will be without Crespo , Veron and may be Geremi :lol:

The good thing is that our next 3 premier league games are not difficult theoretically (Man city, Wolverhampton s. Southampton) so if we win in those games ( we have to win ) then we can play with our full strength against Chelsea in the cup and rest Henry against Chelsea in the premier league ( Kanu will be available) .

leongsh

I am not surprised at the draw - I was expecting either Manchester United, Chelsea or Liverpool to be the ones we would be facing.

So, Chelsea, it is.

IW8

Have to admit my initial reaction was "bu**ar". But as someone else has already said we got to face them or Man Utd sooner or later. So let's get one of them out of the way.

Personally I reckon the powers that be wouldn't want us to face Man U until the final. They could then hope that we are hung out to dry as half our squad will be on international duty and their beloved Man U will have at least some chance of silverware this season.

A.Hussain

as long as crespo is out, i will be satisfied. the only other threats in my eyes are lampard, mutu and duff. but we should still stuff them.

laolu

Re: US T.V. - Arsenal v Chelsea (Rounds 1 & 2)?!

Beany said:
I'm in Florida for both these games

:D :(

Could one of our US operatives tell me where (if???) I can catch them on TV?

I guess it'll be highlights at best; any assistance much appreciated!

I may be in Orlando for Round 1; Definately in Miami/Fort Lauderdale for round 2.

If you have Fox Sports World, you should be able to get the games

Arsenal Quotes

At some clubs success is accidental. At Arsenal it is compulsory.

Arsène Wenger

Latest posts

Top Bottom