• ! ! ! IMPORTANT MESSAGE ! ! !

Discussions about police investigations

In light of recent developments about a player from Premier League being arrested and until there is an official announcement, ALL users should refrain from discussing or speculating about situations around personal off-pitch matters related to any Arsenal player. This is to protect you and the forum.

Users who disregard this reminder will be issued warnings and their posts will get deleted from public.

Arteta’s Transfer Targets: Summer 2024

• Thread starter A_G
  • Start date
  • Replies 3,945
  • Views 198,723

db10_therza

🎵 Edu getting rickrolled 🎵
Trusted ⭐

Player:White
dearest, sent you the invoiced attached to this message.

Just as a reminder, and per our contract, you are still required to provide payment even if you have changed your mind about the effectiveness of the content you have contracted.

We can always accommodate you the best we can in case you want to start an agenda against any current Arsenal player with no additional charges.

Regards,

Please don’t contact me directly for payment and go through my intermediaries as outlined in our contract. I don’t have the time or the inclination to get my hands dirty dealing with the likes of you.

I pay @A_G to take of bid’ness like this.

outlawz

It benefits him indirectly by dragging one of the defenders with him and freeing up an avenue to go 1v1. We used to see this play out all the time when Xhaka used to overlap him.

Martinelli’s problems are bigger than this though, he’s just died inside or sth idk but I don’t see a future for him anymore.
Marti has provided no hope this season. Form has truly fallen through the floor, and there's been no glimmer of hope. He also had key chances he's no longer converting.

jaystewart

I hate that inverting the left side has to he a thing now.

White doing it should be enough. We don't need more people coming infield and leaving whoever the poor soul at left wing is feeling like Tom hanks in Castaway.

Just give Martinelli a proper overlap ffs.
Why would you overlap for someone who's best characteristics mean they should be 1) beating the fullback and running to the the byline themselves 2) cutting inside to create a shooting angle 3) running onto the ball from deep.

El Duderino

That's, like, your opinion, man.
Why would you overlap for someone who's best characteristics mean they should be 1) beating the fullback and running to the the byline themselves 2) cutting inside to create a shooting angle 3) running onto the ball from deep.

It creates space for him. @db10_therza mentioned in his post, but Xhaka (and Jesus) both combined very well with him, giving him the space to use his speed and his ability to knick a shot from very little space (somthing he has unfortunately toned down).

We meme about the head down stuff, but more often than not, he's pretty much all alone on that left hand side.

Heavy Duty Rom

Outdated Tweets Merchant
It creates space for him. @db10_therza mentioned in his post, but Xhaka (and Jesus) both combined very well with him, giving him the space to use his speed and his ability to knick a shot from very little space (somthing he has unfortunately toned down).

We meme about the head down stuff, but more often than not, he's pretty much all alone on that left hand side.

I don’t buy it. He’s just not the same player. At Bayern for example, he was isolated against Kimmich a few times and just didn’t take him on. When he was in form, he was always direct and driving to the byline. He just doesn’t seem to do it anymore.

MutableEarth

Reiss' Dad
Trusted ⭐
I don’t buy it. He’s just not the same player. At Bayern for example, he was isolated against Kimmich a few times and just didn’t take him on. When he was in form, he was always direct and driving to the byline. He just doesn’t seem to do it anymore.
Bigger issue is he's not getting enough shots IMO. His 1v1s have always been a bit of a crapshoot. His biggest strength in the beginning was his goalscoring, that's the main thing that's suffering.

MutableEarth

Reiss' Dad
Trusted ⭐
It’s because nothing this club does is good enough. Sometimes it comes across as being negative for the sake of it. Tbf to Rasmi, he does know ball, but just chooses to be overly negative about Arsenal. Also, he doesn’t put his neck out there, he goes for everyone else’ suggestion without saying which players we should sign.
He's a contrarian, I've figured him out :lol:

Rasmi

Negative Nancy

Wouldn't be my wishlist either but don't see the need to have a go at him like that. Some real noncey posts in this thread and elsewhere go unnoticed yet @Rasmi puts his neck out there and people ridicule him, not on imo.
Tbh I just ignore those type of posts. People are too sensitive in here. And take it personally when you don’t agree with them.

Rasmi

Negative Nancy

We need to differentiate between what you would do, and what you think Arteta will do.

Because we all see last night, in his comeback game, he could have played anywhere across that back line, not shoe horned into a team because of injuries to others like some have claimed, but yet again he played in that inverted left back role.

So we understand you wouldn't play him there, but do you think that's where Arteta see's him currently?
Fair enough. Do you remember in the summer when several of us were saying Havertz can’t play in midfield at this level and what was the response? You think you know better than the manager and coaches?

I think playing him there would be mistake and it would just delay the obvious. But more importantly when a player comes back from 8 months ACL injury his next season tend to be stop start and it takes a while to fully come back. One thing is clear Arteta don’t fully trust any of his current left backs and sub them every game while the other 3 end games. So it’s clear it’s a position he believes need strengthening.

Sebastes

Statbomb Merchant
Trusted ⭐

Guardiola doesn't seem to sign them, either. Fell out with Eto'o and Yaya, and bought Mendy who turned out to be a suspected rapist. Not sure if he already had Keita and Abidal.

TBF, French league is fully tapped up by Real. The diamonds are all in Portugal. Need to find the next Vieira.
Not happy with the one we have?

Rasmi

Negative Nancy

Guardiola doesn't seem to sign them, either. Fell out with Eto'o and Yaya, and bought Mendy who turned out to be a suspected rapist. Not sure if he already had Keita and Abidal.

TBF, French league is fully tapped up by Real. The diamonds are all in Portugal. Need to find the next Vieira.
Ligue 1 has far more young talents than Portuguese league. Both pep and Arteta put a lot of value people they share same culture with like the Spanish/Portuguese do. 40 million pound gets you almost any player in Ligue 1. While in Portugal you get a Fabio Vieira

Sebastes

Statbomb Merchant
Trusted ⭐

Also is this a good time to say that Martinelli is performing very very similarly to last season when it comes to xG, xA and shots per 90? And that he’s more or less on par with Saka for non-penalty goals?

His problem is that he vastly outperformed his underlying stats last season, so expectations was always going to be unrealistic, and as both @db10_therza and @El Duderino has pointed out is suffering from Xhaka not being there

RunTheTrap

Kai Havertz Offense League
It’s because nothing this club does is good enough. Sometimes it comes across as being negative for the sake of it. Tbf to Rasmi, he does know ball, but just chooses to be overly negative about Arsenal. Also, he doesn’t put his neck out there, he goes for everyone else’ suggestion without saying which players we should sign.
I have an idea for a football thread but it will cause heads to spin. Let's rank peoples’ ball knowledge and let's hope people can put their egos to one side.

Heavy Duty Rom

Outdated Tweets Merchant
I have an idea for a football thread but it will cause heads to spin. Let's rank peoples’ ball knowledge and let's hope people can put their egos to one side.
Denzel Washington GIF

CannonBals

For most part today during buildup Rice played the furthest forward in midfield.
We need a 6. Rice doesn't work well there. He is the LCM.
Really happy we are looking at that profile in Bruno/Zubimendi

ASAP Berg

Established Member
I'd be happy for us to blow the budget on B.Guimares, then try to sell Nelson, Nketiah, Ramsdale, and re invest in a young winger like N.Williams and call it a day.

Any two of Rice, Partey, B.Guimares would be a top midfield duo for the 60 plus games we play a season.

North5

Here since 2009. Unlike Cornavirus.

I'd be happy for us to blow the budget on B.Guimares, then try to sell Nelson, Nketiah, Ramsdale, and re invest in a young winger like N.Williams and call it a day.

Any two of Rice, Partey, B.Guimares would be a top midfield duo for the 60 plus games we play a season.

Pretty much this, a top CM is needed. If we can sneak a Sesko type over the line too I'd be happy with that business.

Last edited:

ASAP Berg

Established Member
I think B.Guimares has a lot of the same skill set of Enzo but he has more physicality and toughness for this league. With the legs of Rice next to him he can really control a game from deep just like Jorginho.

LookingForEric

Patronize me again and I'll destroy you 😖

I’d be very happy if we went and got Rashford who seems to be available and wouldn’t cost over £70M.

Grab Bruno as well and that’s two excellent additions.

Arsenal Quotes

I think I lost my hair flicking the ball on for all them years at the near post from Brian Marwood's corners

Steve Bould
Top Bottom