• ! ! ! IMPORTANT MESSAGE ! ! !

Discussions about police investigations

In light of recent developments about a player from Premier League being arrested and until there is an official announcement, ALL users should refrain from discussing or speculating about situations around personal off-pitch matters related to any Arsenal player. This is to protect you and the forum.

Users who disregard this reminder will be issued warnings and their posts will get deleted from public.

Arteta’s Transfer Targets: Summer 2024

• Thread starter A_G
  • Start date
  • Replies 4,964
  • Views 255,222

OnlyOne

🎙️ Future Journalist
Trusted ⭐

What makes him so clear is he can play on either wing. I think his goalscoring will go up a lot at Arsenal as well playing with better players

Yep, he’s brilliant. Got the intelligence of Saka and speed of Nelli, always makes the right decision in the final 3rd.

Heavy Duty Rom

Outdated Tweets Merchant
What about Pep era?

Pointless comparing tbh, Pep and City have built up such a reputation that they can throw on 11 Oscar Bobbs and 90% of the PL teams will still be defeated before kick off.

Lets be honest, that is the only reason they are winning it this year, fear factor from the others, fear to attack them, because they are nowhere near as good as previous City sides.

OnlyOne

🎙️ Future Journalist
Trusted ⭐

Pointless comparing tbh, Pep and City have built up such a reputation that they can throw on 11 Oscar Bobbs and 90% of the PL teams will still be defeated before kick off.

Lets be honest, that is the only reason they are winning it this year, fear factor from the others, fear to attack them, because they are nowhere near as good as previous City sides.

I don’t know, I’m just sensing the whole x-factor superstar thing is being over blown.

Heavy Duty Rom

Outdated Tweets Merchant
I don’t know, I’m just sensing the whole x-factor superstar thing is being over blown.

Of course, they have to be the right player, right profile for this squad. Kvara i like because he fits our style, right age, good experience, tall, strong, goal threat, can play LW but also cover for Ødegaard if he were to ever pick up an injury.

Leao i like because of his ball carrying ability, skill and strength. Again good age and experience and i feel he has levels that Arsenal and Arteta could make him reach fast.

Nico Williams, i've said before, i like a lot, but if we sign him, i think we start the first game of the season with Martinelli Havertz Saka. Of course, if that means we get a big CM, then fine.

EDIT

I also like Olise. Feel it gives us the option to play Saka or Olise LW aswell to make us less predictable.

CannonBals

What about Pep era?

Guardiola inherited a team which was obscenely talented.

Also the general trend has changed because of the transfer fees teams try to buy the best u25 talents. Established players then hardly move till they are 29/30.

Grealish was a transfer similar to Rice and they tried for Rice this year.
Best of the rest teams type transfer.

Gvardiol has been best defensive talent for over a year.

How many established world class players are actually moving in a window.
Last year it was just Kane/Gundo both close to or above 30. (Dembele? maybe).

I would put Bellingham in the talent category like Wirtz/Musiala are or like how Sancho was for United. It was not a sure bet.

OnlyOne

🎙️ Future Journalist
Trusted ⭐

Guardiola inherited a team which was obscenely talented.

Also the general trend has changed because of the transfer fees teams try to buy the best u25 talents. Established players then hardly move till they are 29/30.

Grealish was a transfer similar to Rice and they tried for Rice this year.
Best of the rest teams type transfer.

Gvardiol has been best defensive talent for over a year.

How many established world class players are actually moving in a window.
Last year it was just Kane/Gundo both close to or above 30. (Dembele? maybe).

I would put Bellingham in the talent category like Wirtz/Musiala are or like how Sancho was for United. It was not a sure bet.

Feel like my questions are being answered then.

OnlyOne

🎙️ Future Journalist
Trusted ⭐

I agree the x-factor is blown too much out of the proportion.

Mbappe/Vini/KDB/Salah(?) are the only player I would say have that level of impact. All of them moved when they were just talents and only Mbappe might ever move. So you just have to create those.

Exactly. Top posting.

Kanonier

- We need a starting striker (Alexander Isak or Ollie Watkins).
- We need a young talented striker to replace Eddie Nketiah (Benjamin Šeško or Joshua Zirkzee).
- We need a DM to replace Mohammed Elneny and one of Jorginho / Partey (Douglas Luiz or Amadou Onana).
- We need a winger that can cover for Saka / Martinelli (Nico Williams or Michael Olisse).
- We need a young talented GK. I would use Karl Jakob Hein as backup to Raya so buy a young talented keeper.

We must sell Gabriel Jesus, Oleksander Zinchenko, Aaron Ramsdale, Reiss Nelson, Emile Smith Rowe, Eddie Nketiah, Kieran Tierney, and Cedric Soares and release Mohammed Elneny.

Last edited:

daron christie

- We need a young talented striker to replace Eddie Nketiah (Benjamin Šeško or Joshua Zirkzee).
- We need a DM to replace Mohammed Elneny and one of Jorginho / Partey (Douglas Luiz or Amadou Onana).
- We need a winger that can cover for Saka / Martinelli (Nico Williams or Michael Olisse).
- We need a young talented GK. I would use Karl Jakob Hein as backup to Raya so buy a young talented keeper.

We must sell Gabriel Jesus, Oleksander Zinchenko, Aaron Ramsdale, Reiss Nelson, Emile Smith Rowe, Eddie Nketiah, Kieran Tierney, and Cedric Soares and release Mohammed Elneny.
Feel sorry for a Edu

jmsmtthw28

Established Member
Trusted ⭐

if Arsenal were City and not under financial pressures somewhat then ye I can see us being this ruthless but not this Arsenal

- On Isak, doubt he leaves this summer unless he pushes for it, Newcastle want to build their team around him and are happy to let go of other assets like Bruno to stay financially sustainable, if they dont sell any big players then maybe

- Dougal Luis sure but Onana? when Guimares and Zubimendi are available?

- Olisse will be available according to reports so actually a good shout to backup Saka

I dont see us selling Zinchenko or Jesus, if our priority is a midfielder then we will most likely get our first choice early in the summer probably Olise too and then see how much money we will generate from sales to go get a ST, GK and CB. Just my guess how it will go

LookingForEric

Patronize me again and I'll destroy you 😖

This is more realistic than the 5/6 player in lists we’ve been seeing.

We’ll get a cheap backup keeper if Ramsdale goes, but ultimately don’t be surprised if we sign a CB, CM and wide forward this summer imo.

Pacho, Bruno G and Nico Williams would cost just over £150M combined. I think people would go mad if we didn’t sign a 9 but it’s realistic.

LookingForEric

This list doesn’t make sense.

You’re asking us to sign Isak for £100M, then Zirkzee/Sesko for £45M AND a winger?!

Isak, Sesko, Havertz, Nico, Saka, Martinelli, Trossard, Nelson, Jesus

How are you spreading the minutes between these 9 players? Right now Nelson and Nketiah don’t get minutes, Jesus doesn’t even get minutes. It’s unrealistic.

Goonger

This is more realistic than the 5/6 player in lists we’ve been seeing.

We’ll get a cheap backup keeper if Ramsdale goes, but ultimately don’t be surprised if we sign a CB, CM and wide forward this summer imo.

Pacho, Bruno G and Nico Williams would cost just over £150M combined. I think people would go mad if we didn’t sign a 9 but it’s realistic.
I've just posted the below in the Partey thread, but it's relevant here, especially with what you shared.

We all have our opinions on who we keep and sell, but we don't know our budget, we don't know our targets and how much they'll cost, we don't know to what extent we have interest in our players.

I think in an ideal world where we don't have to consider those things, then we sign 2 midfielders this summer and move on from Partey. However, because of the above, I wouldn't be against keeping Jorginho and Partey for another season, as long as both are happy with that, and just signing 1 midfielder.

I don't want a summer of drastic change in terms of players coming in, I don't want to disrupt the team and squad too much, because we need to start next season strong and pressure City from the off. We can't afford slip ups like drawing with Fulham at home as every result is so important in this league.

LookingForEric

I've just posted the below in the Partey thread, but it's relevant here, especially with what you shared.

We all have our opinions on who we keep and sell, but we don't know our budget, we don't know our targets and how much they'll cost, we don't know to what extent we have interest in our players.

I think in an ideal world where we don't have to consider those things, then we sign 2 midfielders this summer and move on from Partey. However, because of the above, I wouldn't be against keeping Jorginho and Partey for another season, as long as both are happy with that, and just signing 1 midfielder.

I don't want a summer of drastic change in terms of players coming in, I don't want to disrupt the team and squad too much, because we need to start next season strong and pressure City from the off. We can't afford slip ups like drawing with Fulham at home as every result is so important in this league.

According to Ornstein Jorginho has been offered a new deal. Partey is more likely to leave than Jorginho but I reckon Partey ends up running down his contract with us, which I’m cool with.

We’ve had links to Guimarães recently and that’s probably the ideal scenario whilst keeping Jorginho/Partey. (I’d prefer FDJ but probably not realistic)

Whilst we don’t know our budget we can still read between the lines and think logically. It’ll be £150-200M including sales in my opinion.

£70/80M midfielder
£40-70M forward
£30-50M defender

CannonBals

According to Ornstein Jorginho has been offered a new deal. Partey is more likely to leave than Jorginho but I reckon Partey ends up running down his contract with us, which I’m cool with.

We’ve had links to Guimarães recently and that’s probably the ideal scenario whilst keeping Jorginho/Partey. (I’d prefer FDJ but probably not realistic)

Whilst we don’t know our budget we can still read between the lines and think logically. It’ll be £150-200M including sales in my opinion.

£70/80M midfielder
£40-70M forward
£30-50M defender

Looks like this currently

£70/80M midfielder. - Bruno G/Luiz
£40-70M forward - Olise
£30-50M defender - Hato/Pacho
+ GK if Ramsdale leaves
+ ST if Jesus leaves

I would be really happy with that especially if we are able to move Jesus and get another ST in.

Arsenal Quotes

Arsenal have got as much chance of being handed the title by Sp*rs as I have of being given the Crown Jewels. They are the last people we want winning the Championship. Now we mean to round off our season by beating Arsenal.

Alan Mullery (Sp*rs captain in 1971)

There is no way we were going to be beaten

Bertie Mee in the same game after beating Spurs and clinching the Double at White Hart Lane

Daily Transfer Updates

Tuesday, May 21

Nuno Tavares will return to Arsenal after Nottingham Forest chose not to exercise the buy option in his loan deal [Nottingham Forest Official Site]

Benjamin Šeško’s agent confirms interest from English and Italian clubs, adding that he is not interested in moving to Saudi Arabia [Evening Standard]

Arsenal have sent scouts to watch Benfica midfielder Joao Neves multiple times [Fabrizio Romano]

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom