• ! ! ! IMPORTANT MESSAGE ! ! !

Discussions about police investigations

In light of recent developments about a player from Premier League being arrested and until there is an official announcement, ALL users should refrain from discussing or speculating about situations around personal off-pitch matters related to any Arsenal player. This is to protect you and the forum.

Users who disregard this reminder will be issued warnings and their posts will get deleted from public.

Arteta’s Transfer Targets: Summer 2024

• Thread starter A_G
  • Start date
  • Replies 4,842
  • Views 246,688

ArsenesCoatMaker

Established Member
Moving to Arsenal to sit on the bench wouldn’t be the smartest move for Branthwaite as there’s zero chance he gets ahead of Gabriel. He’s been the best CB in the PL this season.

Also what would Everton want for him? 60m+? As he’s English. Again it’s about priorities. If it isn’t broke, why fix it?

I reckon his passing is better and he's also a beast. I wonder if they could play together though. I wonder if Branthwaite is mobile enough to play inverted LB

2Smokeyy

5.0 ⭐️⭐️⭐️⭐️⭐️ (49)
Trusted ⭐

How do you rate this Brainwater guy? Would you sign him if the opportunity came?

Sometimes I wonder whether our fanbase deserve these two when I see names like Branthwaite being mentioned 😂

ezgif.com-gif-maker-91-1000x600.webp

P4P the best CB partnership we’ve had in a long time. No need to break it up.

Yousif Arsenal

On Vinai's payroll & misses 4th place trophy 🏆
Trusted ⭐
Everton fans reckon he's a generation talent. 60m would be a bargain if that's the case. Helps them with FFP. United also linked to him, so he'd bench Martinez or they'd put Martinez as LB
He remind me of John Stones he gonna very good defender

jaystewart

Gabriel has shown his clown side recently, he is upgradable but it shouldn't be a priority. City also have 6 top defenders who can all play centre back and most of them can play full back. We have 3...

2Smokeyy

5.0 ⭐️⭐️⭐️⭐️⭐️ (49)
Trusted ⭐

Gabriel has shown his clown side recently, he is upgradable but it shouldn't be a priority. City also have 6 top defenders who can all play centre back and most of them can play full back. We have 3...

Saliba has made errors during the season too. I think people are just quick to jump on Gabriel even though he’s been fantastic this season.

CB partnerships are quite difficult to build imo, so I wouldn’t like this one broken up before they’ve even lifted a major trophy together.

Kuroske

How about a Van de Ven who can play as a lone centre back?

Nunowoolmez

Established Member
Four if you include Timber. He is RCB by trade & can play RB.

Kiwi....the jury is very much still out there but looks like FB is not for him tbh.

teamsoutheast

Player:Ødegaard
Hato is not good enough in the Eredivisie. Have people even seen him play or do they want him because he's at Ajax at the age of 17?

We should not buy him.
Why? He's a very good passer of the ball and has made 32 appearances so far this season at just 18. He can improve alot based on his age and suits our possession style of football.

Rasmi

Negative Nancy

Four if you include Timber. He is RCB by trade & can play RB.

Kiwi....the jury is very much still out there but looks like FB is not for him tbh.
Kiwior and Timber are CBs. I don’t rate kiwior much. But putting him as left back is just messing with him

Dennis_Bergkamp_10

Established Member
Why? He's a very good passer of the ball and has made 32 appearances so far this season at just 18. He can improve alot based on his age and suits our possession style of football.

He's playing so much because Ajax are ****. At one point they were 18th in the league ffs, even though they had a few games less played.

If they had better players they'd be fighting for the title, as they should. Hato isn't ready and we aren't a club to develop 17/18 y/o players. We'd have to loan him out and hope he gets enough minutes.

King87

Kai's having the time of my life

I've watched Ajax a lot, this guy is one of the reasons they have the the worse defense this season, he's far from the level needed to play for us

teamsoutheast

Sometimes I wonder whether our fanbase deserve these two when I see names like Branthwaite being mentioned 😂

ezgif.com-gif-maker-91-1000x600.webp

P4P the best CB partnership we’ve had in a long time. No need to break it up.
I would say it's more for cover. They've played a lot of games this season and thankfully, haven't been out for any long periods through injury.

2Smokeyy

5.0 ⭐️⭐️⭐️⭐️⭐️ (49)
Trusted ⭐

I would say it's more for cover. They've played a lot of games this season and thankfully, haven't been out for any long periods through injury.

I get that but spending 60m, 70 or more on a CB just doesn’t make any sense as cover when there are other pressing issues in our first XI.

Branthwaite isn’t better than Gabriel.

teamsoutheast

I get that but spending 60m, 70 or more on a CB just doesn’t make any sense as cover when there are other pressing issues in our first XI.

Branthwaite isn’t better than Gabriel.
Branthwaite has high potential and he's also homegrown and a current England International. Everton are in financial breach so may be willing to cash in for a decent price. There's potential opportunity here. I can see Man U being all over this with their CB situation.

Gooner Zig

AM's Resident Accountant
Trusted ⭐

Branthwaite has high potential and he's also homegrown and a current England International. Everton are in financial breach so may be willing to cash in for a decent price. There's potential opportunity here. I can see Man U being all over this with their CB situation.

We need another forward and central midfielder far more urgently than another defender.

Arsenal Quotes

I don’t look at the passport of people; I look at their quality and their attitude.

Arsène Wenger

Daily Transfer Updates

Saturday, May 18

Arsenal‘s interest in Ivan Toney has waned. It is unlikely he will join this summer and neither will Alexander Isak, with the club no longer interested at his £120m price [John Cross - The Mirror]

Benjamin Šeško will cost €65m this summer [Sky Sports Germany]

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom