• ! ! ! IMPORTANT MESSAGE ! ! !

Discussions about police investigations

In light of recent developments about a player from Premier League being arrested and until there is an official announcement, ALL users should refrain from discussing or speculating about situations around personal off-pitch matters related to any Arsenal player. This is to protect you and the forum.

Users who disregard this reminder will be issued warnings and their posts will get deleted from public.

📢 Rumour Benjamin Sesko

StefanB

Imagine thinking a 20 year old striker won't improve. He's turning 21 in the end of may, and has 41 appearances and 17 goals in all competitions for Leipzig - with 13 goals and 2 assists coming in 16 starts in the league.

He's fast, strong, tall and has good technique. When considering he's been playing almost half of his games as a sub in a new league (previously played for Salzburg in Austria) that is more than decent numbers.

Is he better than Havertz-/Jesus at the moment? No, probably not. Is he better than Nketiah? By far.

He would need to improve his passing and linkplay, but considering his size and technical level I would be very surprised if you don't see a big improvement in that. He's also playing in a Leipzig team who doesn't exactly dominate the opposition either, and tends to play on the shoulder.

I'd love to buy a more established striker, but missing out on this guy is most probably something pretty much everyone in here would regret in 2-3 seasons.

A_G

Rice Rice Baby 🎼🎵
You can fk right off with this crap.

He can also play in defence. Will win every duel and his pace would allow us to play an even higher high line. Let’s do it?

Or…

Let’s shut the fk up?
0_GettyImages-2150546919.jpg

Yousif Arsenal

On Vinai's payroll & misses 4th place trophy 🏆
Trusted ⭐
Imagine thinking a 20 year old striker won't improve. He's turning 21 in the end of may, and has 41 appearances and 17 goals in all competitions for Leipzig - with 13 goals and 2 assists coming in 16 starts in the league.

He's fast, strong, tall and has good technique. When considering he's been playing almost half of his games as a sub in a new league (previously played for Salzburg in Austria) that is more than decent numbers.

Is he better than Havertz-/Jesus at the moment? No, probably not. Is he better than Nketiah? By far.

He would need to improve his passing and linkplay, but considering his size and technical level I would be very surprised if you don't see a big improvement in that. He's also playing in a Leipzig team who doesn't exactly dominate the opposition either, and tends to play on the shoulder.

I'd love to buy a more established striker, but missing out on this guy is most probably something pretty much everyone in here would regret in 2-3 seasons.
if he ready to give us 15 league goals next season think we can all wait for his development but if he can't do this it's gonna cost us

Sulosky

Sesko is an absolutely insane talent, whose true value will only be revealed to everyone in a couple of years. I can't remember the last time I've been so eager to get a player to Arsenal. On the other hand, the last time I probably wanted someone this much for Arsenal, that player was Ryan Babel.

StefanB

if he ready to give us 15 league goals next season think we can all wait for his development but if he can't do this it's gonna cost us
I'd argue that Havertz would still be the main man up top with Sesko being his understudy, while also filling in on the wings to get a feel of the league. I doubt he would get less than 10 goals in the league as a sub-/rotational player, which would be far more than what Nketiah brought to the table. Also Havetz will get a lot more goals and assists next season if he's playing CF from the start of the season.

Imho I think it would be a great move to get Sesko in. I'm one of the people who want to keep Gabriel Jesus for the wings (and backup striker) aswell as hoping for another winger (Williams), so we would basically just be replacing Nketiah with him directly.

Yousif Arsenal

On Vinai's payroll & misses 4th place trophy 🏆
Trusted ⭐
I'd argue that Havertz would still be the main man up top with Sesko being his understudy, while also filling in on the wings to get a feel of the league. I doubt he would get less than 10 goals in the league as a sub-/rotational player, which would be far more than what Nketiah brought to the table. Also Havetz will get a lot more goals and assists next season if he's playing CF from the start of the season.

Imho I think it would be a great move to get Sesko in. I'm one of the people who want to keep Gabriel Jesus for the wings (and backup striker) aswell as hoping for another winger (Williams), so we would basically just be replacing Nketiah with him directly.
the issue we gonna put 55-60M on him so he'll be big money signing we need someone that can provide us with goals 10-15 goals it'll be welcome for his first season specially if we use him as backup.

StefanB

the issue we gonna put 55-60M on him so he'll be big money signing we need someone that can provide us with goals 10-15 goals it'll be welcome for his first season specially if we use him as backup.
Like I said: I doubt he'll get less than 10 goals (in the league) if he plays around 30 games, depending on if we bring in another wide player he might even make the left wing his own if Martinelli-/Trossard don't contribute as much as they should.

I'm just saying if we sign Sesko he'll already be able to contribute right away, but he'll also just get better and better under Arteta. If we don't sign him we'll regret it in a couple of years when he has exploded and everyone wants him.

Nunowoolmez

Established Member
Like I said: I doubt he'll get less than 10 goals (in the league) if he plays around 30 games, depending on if we bring in another wide player he might even make the left wing his own if Martinelli-/Trossard don't contribute as much as they should.

I'm just saying if we sign Sesko he'll already be able to contribute right away, but he'll also just get better and better under Arteta. If we don't sign him we'll regret it in a couple of years when he has exploded and everyone wants him.
Eddie hasn't improved a great deal under Teta tho ??? He's being sold cos he's crap & hasn't improved, so we have to buy someone better.

Rasmi

Negative Nancy

Adebayo and Morris for luton. Chris Wood and Hwang all got 10 or more league goals? Yet some people think Sesko can’t get 10? I would be disappointed if he didn’t get 20

People sh1t on bundesliga. But Hwang got 0 goals in 20 games before he was moved to wolves from Leipzig. It’s not as hard to score in todays pl as people think

StefanB

Eddie hasn't improved a great deal under Teta tho ??? He's being sold cos he's crap & hasn't improved, so we have to buy someone better.

You can't always make gold from stone sadly. Eddie was never anything special other than his goalscoring ability. He was a poacher and always had quite poor technique and under par linkplay. When he couldn't translate his goalscoring form from the youth leagues to the first team he's literally useless to a team like Arsenal who depend on a striker being able to do it all. Eddie can be a decent player if he gets to play on the shoulder, but thats about it.

The perfect striker for Arsenal doesn't really exist. Too bad there's no Benzema-regens out there.

TromsoGooner

Obsessed With Looking for Eric
Would be very happy with Sesko. Would like Osimhen but not for 100M+. Gyökeres for 80M or so seems a lot, would probably do welll but leave with the feeling that you could have done better at that price. Sesko with his size, pace, skills and shooting power seems like a player that could be a potential beast.

Goonger

Im sceptical and remained to be convinced, but I also appreciate there's not a great amount of options out here.

I was hoping we'd still get a number 1 striker to play instead of Havertz rather than a new understudy, can't lie.

ragnarock

Not trying to be funny here, honest question:
When was the last time we bought a player that the majority of the fans (at least the ones on here) thought “made so much sense to bring in”.

StefanB

When was the last time we bought a player that the majority of the fans (at least the ones on here) thought “made so much sense to bring in”.
Probably Özil or Alexis, but even they had a bunch of skeptics.

Red London

Anti-Simp Culture
Trusted ⭐
Yeah I get you. I think the one which was least dividing was Gabriel, just because he looked like a good pickup with a good profile. Timber was taken quite positively but a lot of people were calling him a midget mistakingly thinking he’s being brought in as a CB. I’d say those 2. Jesus was decent reception too.

People like Ramsdale, Raya, White, Rice, Havertz and Ødegaard polarised quite a bit iirc. Most of those players have come good (or exceptionally good).

Arsenal Quotes

You kind of never leave Arsenal. How many comebacks do you make? At one point it will turn out to be a bad move. We all love the first Rocky but I'm not too sure about the last one.

Thierry Henry

Daily Transfer Updates

Tuesday, May 28

Arsenal have been handed a boost as Sporting Lisbon have lowered their asking price for CB Ousmane Diomande from €80m to €60m [Record]

Sheffield Wednesday are keen on signing 21 year old striker Mika Biereth on loan [The Sheffield Star]

Arsenal hope to command a sizeable fee for Eddie Nketiah this summer [The Athletic]

Arsenal and AC Milan are interested in Monaco midfielder Youssouf Fofana [Gazzetta]

Thomas Partey’s preference is to stay at Arsenal, but no talks have taken place over a new contract with one year left and the club could consider offers this summer [Charles Watts]

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom