• ! ! ! IMPORTANT MESSAGE ! ! !

Discussions about police investigations

In light of recent developments about a player from Premier League being arrested and until there is an official announcement, ALL users should refrain from discussing or speculating about situations around personal off-pitch matters related to any Arsenal player. This is to protect you and the forum.

Users who disregard this reminder will be issued warnings and their posts will get deleted from public.

📢 Rumour Benjamin Sesko

Mudi

Reminds me of Dzeko. Him and Havertz as the striker options is not bad at all.

And adding more height to the team.

MutableEarth

Reiss' Dad
Trusted ⭐
Striker market is still not great there no gurantee 20+ goal scorers apart from Osimhen who i'm sure we not interested because of Napoli demands. so we have to gamble about young guy i like Zirkzee he not only goal scorer but very good all around player too if we miss out Sesko he'd be my fav target specially 40M euros release clause shouldn't be problem to us.
Yeah I like Zirkzee too, feel like the goals are gonna be the point of contention for a lot of fans but honestly I understand the frustrations there - I'm just not really gonna take it into consideration if we are to sign the player. At this point, I trust Arteta with his recruitment. Even Havertz has won me over.

Thrice

It's not 1990 anymore where clubs watch tournaments as a form of scouting. All the top clubs know how good he is already
It can still make a difference. Some clubs may think he's not worth activating the release clause because he's not proven enough.
Having good performances on the biggest stage could change that.

Ripe Banana

Get him in immediately.
Havertz as our striker has been eye opening for me. What is his return since we moved him up top? 16 G+A? in the pl this second half of the season.
We don't need a magician on the ball, our system is great, all our striker needs is the basic ability to play simply passes. Havertz sure as hell is not the most techy midfielder out there and yet he has been brilliant at hold up play and simple lay-offs

Ripe Banana

Look at it this way

Havertz positives are:
-Actually stays in the box more often than Jesus, roams less unlike Jesus attracted to the ball like moth to flame.
-has a physical presence that actually keeps defenders occupied unlike Jesus
-makes good runs.
-Can win duels against defenders, hold up because he's big.

Havertz weakness:
-weak shot
-poor finishing (still scored at a decent clip when moved to cf second half of the season. Probably touches 20 goals had he started out as cf at the beginning of the season. Hell we probably win the league with him at cf and not Jesus.)
-rarely shoots with his weak foot.

Everything I've seen from Sesko says he has none of Havertz weaknesses. Has all his strengths and is flat out faster/more athletic.

BRING HIM TO THE CARPET IMMEDIATELY.

Batman

Head of the Wayne foundation for benching Nketiah

Player:Saliba
It's not 1990 anymore where clubs watch tournaments as a form of scouting. All the top clubs know how good he is already
Nobody was paying that price for Enzo, including Chelsea until after that World Cup. Liverpool weren't going in for Mac Allister either. These tournaments still have an impact on the market.

Look at it this way

Havertz positives are:
-Actually stays in the box more often than Jesus, roams less unlike Jesus attracted to the ball like moth to flame.
-makes good runs.

Havertz weakness:
-weak shot
-poor finishing (still scored at a decent clip when moved to cf second half of the season. Probably touches 20 goals had he started out as cf at the beginning of the season. Hell we probably win the league with him at cf and not Jesus.)

Everything I've seen from Sesko says he has none of Havertz weaknesses. Has all his strengths and is flat out faster/more athletic.

Absolutely agree, I also like the way he gets played the ball into space and runs with the ball, Haverts looks to cut back as he doesn't back himself in a running dual

Even against slow arsed defenders at Everton yesterday he had so many chances to go through on goal and he just didn't fancy it

ArsenesCoatMaker

Established Member
Nobody was paying that price for Enzo, including Chelsea until after that World Cup. Liverpool weren't going in for Mac Allister either. These tournaments still have an impact on the market.

I'm not sure I'm convinced. Statistically Enzo was 1 of the best in a European league. Caicedo went for similar. But given his price perhaps the world cup added to it. Portugese clubs are elite at fleecing richer teams though

Macallister was probably undervalued if anything when you look at how much Nunes, Lavia and Phillips went for

MikelHadADream

Established Member
Trusted ⭐
Look at it this way

Havertz positives are:
-makes good runs.

Havertz weakness:
-weak shot

Havertz is miles better than Sesko at the minute.

Bloodbather

Established Member

I'm not sure I'm convinced. Statistically Enzo was 1 of the best in a European league. Caicedo went for similar. But given his price perhaps the world cup added to it. Portugese clubs are elite at fleecing richer teams though

Macallister was probably undervalued if anything when you look at how much Nunes, Lavia and Phillips went for
I think Enzo would've gone for a huge fee without the WC, but Chelsea wouldn't have paid the 120M release clause without it. I think his market would be around 70-80M without the WC. He was one of the best ball progressors in Europe playing for a Benfica side that topped its CL group ahead of PSG, so his market was there, but 100M+ is too much to be justified by it.

Arsenal Quotes

I play on the right, Tony on the left and we'll deal with whoever comes along, big or small

Martin Keown

Daily Transfer Updates

Sunday, May 2

Fulham have made Emile Smith Rowe a priority this summer and are ready to bid for him [Mike McGrath - The Telegraph]

Arsenal have scouted Las Palmas goalkeeper Alvaro Valles as they prepare to part company with Aaron Ramsdale [Ryan Taylor - The Mirror]

Arsenal have set a deadline of two weeks to complete the signing of Benjamin Šeško [Sky Germany]

Napoli striker Victor Osimhen is expecting an offer from Arsenal [Gazzetta]

Latest posts

Top Bottom