• ! ! ! IMPORTANT MESSAGE ! ! !

Discussions about police investigations

In light of recent developments about a player from Premier League being arrested and until there is an official announcement, ALL users should refrain from discussing or speculating about situations around personal off-pitch matters related to any Arsenal player. This is to protect you and the forum.

Users who disregard this reminder will be issued warnings and their posts will get deleted from public.

Bukayo Saka: Saka The Net

Is Saka a world class player?

• Yes definitely

Votes: 50 36.5%
  • Close, he’ll get there soon

Votes: 70 51.1%
  • No no at all

Votes: 17 12.4%

• Total voters

Macho

DJ Machodemiks
Dusted 🔻

The Giggs and Saka comparison is one of the dumbest I’ve ever seen. Giggs was never a numbers guy and Arsenal fans are too thirsty.

Many of the sick wingers at that time like McManaman, Giggs, Beckham Overmars etc had very ordinary numbers because the role was different. Waste of time comparing.

GDeep™

League is very weak
The Giggs and Saka comparison is one of the dumbest I’ve ever seen. Giggs was never a numbers guy and Arsenal fans are too thirsty.

Many of the sick wingers at that time like McManaman, Giggs, Beckham Overmars etc had very ordinary numbers because the role was different. Waste of time comparing.
Saka has better numbers than Pires too. Now Arsenal fans are not going to go down that road are they?

The roles were different. Those players mentioned above would be playing something different today.

Riou

In The Winchester, Waiting For This To Blow Over

Player:Gabriel
It's always crazy to me how quickly (and on mass) our fans react on social media, ngl... but it's equally crazy how desperate some people are for interactions, that they need to go after Arsenal players purposefully and so negatively, just to get some responses online.

Did you guys also see Anton Ferdinand praising Mainoo, randomly starts to go after Saka too?

I understand kids doing this, trolling... but some of these guys are supposed to be professionals and are close to being 50 years old, ffs 🤣

jones

Captain Serious
Trusted ⭐
Saka has better numbers than Pires too. Now Arsenal fans are not going to go down that road are they?

The roles were different. Those players mentioned above would be playing something different today.
Agree roles were different, Giggs was still extremely overrated. James Ward Prowse level

GDeep™

League is very weak
Agree roles were different, Giggs was still extremely overrated. James Ward Prowse level
Nobody rates him as a great player though. You have Martinelli, Rashford, Doku, Gakpo starting for the elite clubs in this country atm, he’s better than all them.

jones

Captain Serious
Trusted ⭐
Nobody rates him as a great player though. You have Martinelli, Rashford, Doku, Gakpo starting for the elite clubs in this country atm, he’s better than all them.
Not sure about that, Doku has been here five minutes and him and Martinelli are under 23. They're both being ruined by how the game is played in the league these days but on good days they've shown more than Giggs ever did imo. Gakpo and Rashford are garbage agree.

Giggs was never even the main guy at United. Found out in Europe every single time, just severely uninspiring and got by on account of his team mates. Saka is 22 and takes more responsibility, forget about him though would you take him ahead of Bernardo, Mahrez, even Sterling couple years ago? No way.

Riou

Amazing how Wenger's systems can be compared to today due to how modern and ground breaking they were.

High productive wingers...

Pires had 14 goals and 9 assists in the Prem in 2004, while Ljungberg got 17 goals in 38 appearances in all comps in 2002...got these numbers while prime Thierry Henry wad getting tons of goals too, which is even more impressive.

Mitch

Blonde Brigade Grand Wizard

The difference being is Saka is the better footballer overall than Giggs (more creativity and better football IQ) and not just better numbers. However Pires was clearly a better overall footballer than Saka.

I say Saka is already Arsenal best RW in my life time ahead of Ljungberg.

People and media lumping the likes of Giggs (glorified Stuart Downing) and Becks (glorified Ward Prowse) with two genuine quality players such as Overmars and Macca are wrong.

UnitedBeard

An annoying Manc

Strange comparison indeed. Giggs played in 442 which is different compared to wingers in 433. 442 wingers is almost like wide midfielder while the 433 wingers is more wide forward. As forward, you expect to have better end product.

Batman

Head of the Wayne foundation for benching Nketiah

Player:Saliba
What's this obsession with ex player pundits (Manc, Liverpool et al) and rival fans to big up 'their boys' and shade Saka? It's really weird.
Saka is young, English, productive, marketable and not a degenerate. Their players never tick all of those boxes and they know he would never sign for their dysfunctional clubs. He's the poster child for the end of Arsenal's banter era which coincides with them being in their own banter era, close to it or facing 115 charges.

UnitedBeard

An annoying Manc
The difference being is Saka is the better footballer overall than Giggs (more creativity and better football IQ) and not just better numbers. However Pires was clearly a better overall footballer than Saka.

I say Saka is already Arsenal best RW in my life time ahead of Ljungberg.

People and media lumping the likes of Giggs (glorified Stuart Downing) and Becks (glorified Ward Prowse) with two genuine quality players such as Overmars and Macca are wrong.
Giggs could play in no 6 and no 8, which is where he played in his 30ish. He was our main midfielder next to carrick when we won the league in 10/11 and reached final UCL. This makes Giggs is a far better footballer overall than saka. Giggs has great passing range and midfielder who can dictate tempo. He’s not just winger who has pace and can dribble and can cross.

Tnegs

Giggs might be a scumbag irl but he was one of the best wingers in PL history. He had everything you needed to be a top winger and was a huge part of their success. He was one of those players that was great to watch when he got the ball and took on opposing defenders.

Riou

Giggs was kinda past his peak when I started watching football, I didn't really rate him as a CM in his latter career either...but he looked a top player in the 90s to be honest.

Always thought Beckham was better though, out of the two.

Henry boi

Under Mikel, Saka has become...

One of the best and highest valued young players in the world.

Developed from a left back early into his senior career into a top right winger.

Pretty much universally seen as Arsenal's main guy, as he's the face of the team.

A starter for his national team by pretty much 20 years old.

Going for back to back seasons in the Prem with double figure goals and assists.

2 time Arsenal player of the season, 1 time PFA young player of the year and PFA team of the year.

...yeah Bukayo has really been wasting his time here so far, Mikel Out!
Funny thing is the team is actually built around Saka
People like complaining for the sake of it, it's like they don't watch games

LookingForEric

Patronize me again and I'll destroy you 😖

Sadly we know that he has this long term issue, but I’d be pretty surprised if he didn’t start tomorrow.

He played the full 90 against Brentford and has had exactly 3 weeks off?

His minutes have been managed really well over the past 2 months -

So unless his issue has suddenly got progressively worse I would be quite shocked if he wasn’t fit.

Arsenal Quotes

I think in England you eat too much sugar and meat and not enough vegetables

Arsène Wenger

Latest posts

Top Bottom