• ! ! ! IMPORTANT MESSAGE ! ! !

Discussions about police investigations

In light of recent developments about a player from Premier League being arrested and until there is an official announcement, ALL users should refrain from discussing or speculating about situations around personal off-pitch matters related to any Arsenal player. This is to protect you and the forum.

Users who disregard this reminder will be issued warnings and their posts will get deleted from public.

Bukayo Saka: Saka The Net

Is Saka a world class player?

• Yes definitely

Votes: 54 37.5%
  • Close, he’ll get there soon

Votes: 71 49.3%
  • No no at all

Votes: 19 13.2%

• Total voters

Geofranco

Would let Saka date his daughter

Player:Saka
Ode is as good as Cesc was. RVP was world class for 2-3 years, I do not think there was a defender as good as Saliba and Gabriel during Emirates era, Ben White is the best right back during Emirates era, Rice is probably the closest to Patrick Vieira, And Sanchez was never world class, that is why Barca got rid of him. He was our best player during our worst time. But Saka is miles better than he ever was,
No way is Saka better than prime Alexis. The season Alexis left Barca was his best at that club lol. Messi was injured for a bit and Alexis was the main man that season.

teamsoutheast

Player:Ødegaard
21GA minus the pens is still pretty good, but with him it’s more about his level of influence for Chelsea. Will be interesting to see what he does next season, they’re starting to improve as a team and are playing through him way less.

Also what’s the consensus? Are we discounting penalties, taking them with a pinch of salt or fully viewing them as a legit part of a player’s GA? You know why I’m asking :lol:
As far as I'm concerned, you've still got to score that penalty. It takes alot of nerve especially in big games under pressure.

teamsoutheast

Player:Ødegaard
Even Sky have picked up on Saka not being nominated for POTY

It's an absolute disrespect for our best attacker this season:

1715540785225.png

He's improved on his G/A totals from last season. Again, I ask, How is Phil Foden considered World Class and Saka not despite having a similar G/A and a better International record????

Heavy Duty Rom

Outdated Tweets Merchant
We desperately need another winger to ease the burden, but, even if we do, do you trust Arteta to rotate? Even today, Jesus was brought on too late and it was forced upon him.

Olise would be great as it gives us the option of using a left footed winger on the left, whether its him or Saka.

jaystewart

I think Ødegaard is world class. I'd estimate I've spent close to 30k watching Arsenal live. When I had to watch some of our teams, I was so aware of what I was watching. We have had some real dross, even years we dragged ourselves in to the Champions League still.

I loved how Cesc played. The frequency of him picking an incredible pass and just his sheer class puts jim slightly ahead of Ode, but when you sit in the stadium you can see that Ødegaard is almost always a level above anyone else on the pitch in 95 percent of the games.
How can you say Ødegaard is world class when he hasn't put in a single world class performance against a top team or in a big pressure game? I'll admit that he has managed to produce memorable performances on several occasions against mid table sides.

RandomHero84

Established Member
Trusted ⭐

How can you say Ødegaard is world class when he hasn't put in a single world class performance against a top team or in a big pressure game? I'll admit that he has managed to produce memorable performances on several occasions against mid table sides.
Because I watch him live week in week out look like the most talented player out of 22 men on the field. He exerts influence on most games, is largely very consistent, can score, assist and defend, and I think he's the second most talented player in the Premier League.

I think if Man City could sign him to replace KDB they would. I think Madrid would take him back. I think Bayern would have him in a heartbeat. Very few teams wouldn't be improved by him. Above all this it's the eye test though.

World Class is subjective. I take it to mean one of the top 4 or so in the world in his position. But even that is bit arbitrary.

Riou

In The Winchester, Waiting For This To Blow Over

Player:Gabriel
Feel he's got a bit of an old school mentality, tbf.

He's a "nice guy" by footballers standards,.but feel he is the type to 100% play through injuries to help the team...even if that means his own performance suffers.

Bit of a warrior this lad.

MA08

No way is Saka better than prime Alexis. The season Alexis left Barca was his best at that club lol. Messi was injured for a bit and Alexis was the main man that season.
the problem with Alexis was that he was a one man show.. not someone who could fit in… the number of times he pressed when rest of the team did something else was hard to take.. Saka is a very reliable attacker in this Arsenal team… it’s best… and by the time he is done no one will even compare Saka to Alexis

Geofranco

Would let Saka date his daughter

the problem with Alexis was that he was a one man show.. not someone who could fit in… the number of times he pressed when rest of the team did something else was hard to take.. Saka is a very reliable attacker in this Arsenal team… it’s best… and by the time he is done no one will even compare Saka to Alexis
Yea I was talking about prime Alexis compared to current Saka. I don't expect Saka to fully enter his prime till 24+

mpower2540

Ode is as good as Cesc was. RVP was world class for 2-3 years, I do not think there was a defender as good as Saliba and Gabriel during Emirates era, Ben White is the best right back during Emirates era, Rice is probably the closest to Patrick Vieira, And Sanchez was never world class, that is why Barca got rid of him. He was our best player during our worst time. But Saka is miles better than he ever was,
Cesc would walk into any team now, he broke into our team at 16 (in 2004 too, our peak pl team) and bossed games in midfield in the most physically intense league in the world. I didn’t realise it at the time but that’s freakish talent level, he wasn’t even quick or strong, just insane technical talent with killer vision and execution.

He went to old Trafford at 19 and bossed the game against Scholes and Carrick. In terms of natural talent I’d say he’s the best of the Emirates era. Ødegaard still has some ways to go before I’d put him on par

RandomHero84

Established Member
Trusted ⭐

Embarrassing. Not the only player to be kicked and won't be the last but if you're generally injured then get off otherwise suck it up and get on with the game. Limping when you lose the ball is a shocking look and tells me that you're not fully invested in the game.
You've come away from watching Sakas career at Arsenal so far and taken "you're not fully invested".

Oppositions tactics seem to suggest they all think he might be invested.

Maybe

You're wrong, no?
Sanchez was a very good player, not truly elite though.

Maybe he's better than Saka, maybe not but he wouldn't fit in this current Arsenal side. Far too individualistic and selfish tbh.
But the only thing this side is lacking is someone like Sanchez. Structured games work for us most of the time, for the next level (winning games like Bayern at home), we desperately need an individual like Sanchez

Tom349

You've come away from watching Sakas career at Arsenal so far and taken "you're not fully invested".

Oppositions tactics seem to suggest they all think he might be invested.

Invested is probably the wrong wording, but if you give the ball away like Saka did yesterday and your first thought is to act injured then you deserve strong criticism.

bakaboo

Alexis talent was too obvious in that Arsenal team. He was at least 2-3 level higher than most of the team. And I would classified him as WC player as He alone brought up the standard of the team.

MA08

Alexis talent was too obvious in that Arsenal team. He was at least 2-3 level higher than most of the team. And I would classified him as WC player as He alone brought up the standard of the team.
yes but in this team he would not be a stand out.. that is the difference. No one from that 2011-18 wenger teams is getting into this team. No one!!

MA08

Cesc would walk into any team now, he broke into our team at 16 (in 2004 too, our peak pl team) and bossed games in midfield in the most physically intense league in the world. I didn’t realise it at the time but that’s freakish talent level, he wasn’t even quick or strong, just insane technical talent with killer vision and execution.

He went to old Trafford at 19 and bossed the game against Scholes and Carrick. In terms of natural talent I’d say he’s the best of the Emirates era. Ødegaard still has some ways to go before I’d put him on par
Yes true, he was a great talent. Ode is not similar to Cesc in style. but he is as talented as Cesc was. The only differnce is Cesc's peak was at the beginning of his career./

jaystewart

Because I watch him live week in week out look like the most talented player out of 22 men on the field. He exerts influence on most games, is largely very consistent, can score, assist and defend, and I think he's the second most talented player in the Premier League.

I think if Man City could sign him to replace KDB they would. I think Madrid would take him back. I think Bayern would have him in a heartbeat. Very few teams wouldn't be improved by him. Above all this it's the eye test though.

World Class is subjective. I take it to mean one of the top 4 or so in the world in his position. But even that is bit arbitrary.

A lot of people won't hesitate to say Ødegaard is world class (I've seen 'generational' used many times - yes, generational as Ronaldinho/Benzema) but readily say Saka isn't. The 'top x in his position' methodology kind of proves it is a subjective stance.

Saka's peers are Salah & Rodrygo off the right and Vinicius and Mbappe as far all wingers go.
I think Saka is harder to replace because at this point in time he cannot be upgraded on as far as right wingers go.

Ødegaard has KdB, Bellingham, Foden, Musiala, Bernardo, Bruno and perhaps now Wirtz for company. Most of those are at least like for like barring Wirtz for now and 3 of those named are undeniably operating at a higher level right now.

Saka being world class is far less contenious than Ødegaard being world class in my mind. Saka is definitely harder to replace.

Penn_

Established Member
Trusted ⭐
Can’t tell with it’s injuries or to dialled into the system but he really does play within himself at times.

There was a moment yesterday where he had at least 10-15 yards to drive at their defence but opted for a pass.

I think it’s moments like that why there’s still a debate around whether his world class.

Arsenal Quotes

It works. I am just waiting until everyone has copied it, then I shall come up with something new.

Herbert Chapman on the famous WM formation

Daily Transfer Updates

Thursday, May 23

Arsenal have agreed to part ways with midfielder Sambi Lokonga following talks with the player [Evening Standard]

Arsenal are likely to be priced out of a move for Sporting Lisbon’s £86m striker Viktor Gyokeres [Football Insider]

Latest posts

Top Bottom