• ! ! ! IMPORTANT MESSAGE ! ! !

Discussions about police investigations

In light of recent developments about a player from Premier League being arrested and until there is an official announcement, ALL users should refrain from discussing or speculating about situations around personal off-pitch matters related to any Arsenal player. This is to protect you and the forum.

Users who disregard this reminder will be issued warnings and their posts will get deleted from public.

Bukayo Saka: Saka The Net

Is Saka a world class player?

• Yes definitely

Votes: 55 37.9%
  • Close, he’ll get there soon

Votes: 71 49.0%
  • No no at all

Votes: 19 13.1%

• Total voters

Geofranco

Would let Saka date his daughter

Player:Saka
We're so lucky to have him and he's not even close to his prime. He doesn't have the personality to be a celebrity of the game so he's going to be underestimated for his entire career, I think, unless he has some big moment for England. I think being underdogs suits us so he's just fine.
Has nothing to do with personality. It's his style of play. He is not the most explosive or technically gifted. Most people watching the game don't understand nuance and judge everything from a shallow perspective. If he was more technical and explosive, he'd be the best player in the world because he understands the game at an elite level already. He really always did even from the academy. So cognitively and physically he is elite (in terms of balance and strength for his size), but he doesn't have that extra gear of explosiveness and agility or the elite touch, close control and shooting techniques that players like RVP, Bergkamp, Messi had. Messi was a freak cause when he was younger he had both elite physical gifts and elite technique, elite spatial awareness and vision. Only thing he was missing was size and upper body strength.

DJ_Markstar

Based and Artetapilled

Player:Martinelli
Palmer
Doku
Kudus
Olise
Raphina
Foden
Bowen
Hudson-Odoi
Ziyech
Kulusevski
Neto
Sancho
Diallo

All better than Saka because they do stepovers and because football's brightest pundit, Rio Ferdinand, said so.

Can't take a bloke who's name is Armadillo seriously tbh

Big Poppa

Established Member
Trusted ⭐

Player:Saliba
He's basically our Rodri, or the Rodri of attackers - he's become so good, so consistent that what he does is normalized and expected. That's been working against Rodri for ages and it's happening with Saka now.
Hmmm bit of a random comparison. Vastly different roles in their respective teams. Rodri influences almost every defensive and offensive aspect of City’s play. Saka’s remit and influence is far more compartmentalised. I still don’t think he’s reached anything like his true potential but Rodri is the closest you can get to faultless consistency.

Gooner Zig

AM's Resident Accountant
Trusted ⭐

Hmmm bit of a random comparison. Vastly different roles in their respective teams. Rodri influences almost every defensive and offensive aspect of City’s play. Saka’s remit and influence is far more compartmentalised. I still don’t think he’s reached anything like his true potential but Rodri is the closest you can get to faultless consistency.

My comparison to Rodri was regarding Saka's consistency and the fact that their excellence in their roles are normalized and expected such is their consistent performances.

Heavy Duty Rom

Outdated Tweets Merchant
He's basically our Rodri, or the Rodri of attackers - he's become so good, so consistent that what he does is normalized and expected. That's been working against Rodri for ages and it's happening with Saka now.

Not sure about this. I love him, but Saka does have bad games. Numbers are decent this season but i've definitely seen better seasons from him if we are talking the eye test.

Gooner Zig

AM's Resident Accountant
Trusted ⭐

I've seen him look better. For me, he's spent half of the games looking injured or at least not fully fit and not in full flight. He's certainly got me off my seat more in the past.

Yeah see this is the thing we've been talking about the last few pages my friend; you're judging him based on nebulous criteria when you look at his numbers and underlying statistics, he's one of the best wingers in the game this season.

There's no stats for "xLimping" - maybe he limps around because opposition defenders are allowed to kick the guy with impunity?

Heavy Duty Rom

Outdated Tweets Merchant
Yeah see this is the thing we've been talking about the last few pages my friend; you're judging him based on nebulous criteria when you look at his numbers and underlying statistics, he's one of the best wingers in the game this season.

There's no stats for "xLimping" - maybe he limps around because opposition defenders are allowed to kick the guy with impunity?

I'm not having a go at his limping, i'm saying to me its looked like he's played a lot of games not fully fit. Like i said, his numbers are impressive this season and he had a brilliant 1st CL campaign, but just going off the eye test, he's certainly lost some of his explosive pace, and illusiveness, maybe its because he's put on a little more muscle, maybe its the number of games catching up with him, maybe its teams playing differently against us, i don't know.

Riou

In The Winchester, Waiting For This To Blow Over

Saka at 21...

1 time FA cup winner.
Challenged City for the league.
Back to back double figure scoring seasons in the Prem.
Scored for England at a World Cup tournament.

Diallo at 21...

1 Premier League goal.

Sh1t like this really needs to stop!

Trilly

Hates A-M, Saka, Arteta and You
Trusted ⭐

The cope in the last few pages, I see A-M is now focusing on the defensive numbers and crying about everyone hating him. Funny guys :lol:

Meanwhile the guy I got pelted for rating on a similar level is about to sweep the player of the season awards. :lol:

Riou

In The Winchester, Waiting For This To Blow Over

"Bukayo, you know... he's better than Cristiano!"

Arsenal Quotes

When Patrick Vieira came over from AC Milan, he didn’t know a word of English. We gave him accommodation, phone, car and an English teacher. I talked to Patrick in fluent French and before a game I asked in French, can you speak a bit of English to me? Patrick nodded and replied: Tottenham are shit!

David Dein

Daily Transfer Updates

Saturday, June 1

Arsenal are pushing to sign Benjamin Šeško, but no final decision has been made yet [Sky Germany]

RB Leipzig want to give Šeško a new contract to remove his release clause, with Arsenal/Chelsea/Manchester United all interested [Sky Germany]

AC Milan have made signing defender Jakub Kiwior their priority this summer [Santi Aouna - FootMercato]

Arsenal enquire about £17m-rated Barcelona defender Mikayil Faye [MailSport]

Latest posts

Top Bottom