• ! ! ! IMPORTANT MESSAGE ! ! !

Discussions about police investigations

In light of recent developments about a player from Premier League being arrested and until there is an official announcement, ALL users should refrain from discussing or speculating about situations around personal off-pitch matters related to any Arsenal player. This is to protect you and the forum.

Users who disregard this reminder will be issued warnings and their posts will get deleted from public.

Bukayo Saka: Saka The Net

Is Saka a world class player?

• Yes definitely

Votes: 55 37.9%
  • Close, he’ll get there soon

Votes: 71 49.0%
  • No no at all

Votes: 19 13.1%

• Total voters

outlawz

How much defending do you think Havertz do?
Tohavecharlotte Are You Serious GIF by OWN: Oprah Winfrey Network

TakeChillPill

Established Member
Anyone who thinks Saka should be player of the year is out of their mind. He's been generally inconsistent. Looks constantly tired. I don't know whether he's carrying a knock.

Ødegaard, has been the best player in the league, he's instrumental in everything we do. Foden is a highlights player.

Sapient Hawk

Destiny's Hand 🖐🏿
Trusted ⭐

Guy’s too likeable to get as much hate as he does from opposing fans

Who cares what grokes or vermicious knidds think of Saka?

We know he's destined for greatness & that's all that matters.

• Applause
Reactions: A_G

outlawz

He’s spent half the season in midfield buddy. The guy runs into space and contests headers, this is not defending.

Take a closer look. You can change the stats for it to compare against forwards and also against midfielders.

Running into space and contesting headers is not tackling or intercepting? No ****.

Blood on the Tracks

AG's best friend, role model and mentor.
Trusted ⭐

Player:Rice
Thing is with Saka he is elite within the framework of what the manager asks of him, goals, assists, workrate, defensive contribution.

I'm not massively keen on stats because they can be deceptive but if we're talking about the best player in the world in his position currently his name deserves a mention, he's up there.

In some ways he's become the victim of his own success both in terms of how he's targeted by the opposition and the expectations of Arsenal fans.

Mrs Bergkamp

Double Dusted
Dusted 🔻
He's had some patchy form this season but whenever he's on the pitch, I'm expectant- that he'll make a difference. He's put up the numbers and effort and I still feel there's something inside waiting to be released. Without him today, it looked extra hard. I'm glad to have him here.

Yousif Arsenal

On Vinai's payroll & misses 4th place trophy 🏆
Trusted ⭐
He still had good season overall and will start the euros because he better winger than Foden and Palmer.

Penn_

Established Member
Trusted ⭐
These Foden v Saka ‘debates’ are just pure football tribalism. Switch the shirts and opinions would flip.

Saka faded in the latter half of the season, while Foden drove his on.

17 v 10 non penalty goals is incomparable.

jogaboss22

Anyone who thinks Saka should be player of the year is out of their mind. He's been generally inconsistent. Looks constantly tired. I don't know whether he's carrying a knock.

Ødegaard, has been the best player in the league, he's instrumental in everything we do. Foden is a highlights player.
That "highlights" player basically won them the league this year. This year there were no candidates heads n shoulder above the rest and Ødegaard/Rice are great shouts, but Foden deserved it imo.

Gooner Zig

AM's Resident Accountant
Trusted ⭐

These Foden v Saka ‘debates’ are just pure football tribalism. Switch the shirts and opinions would flip.

Saka faded in the latter half of the season, while Foden drove his on.

17 v 10 non penalty goals is incomparable.

Sakas best form came in the second half of the season lol

Gooner Zig

AM's Resident Accountant
Trusted ⭐

He has around two non penalty goals in the league since late February I believe, he had a poor finish.

1) Why are you referencing non penalty goals? You would never do this for a striker nor should it be done for any player tbqh - you still have to stick the ball in the net.

2) I just can't fathom how you can think he had a poor finish? I'm really struggling here.

Penn_

Established Member
Trusted ⭐
1) Why are you referencing non penalty goals? You would never do this for a striker nor should it be done for any player tbqh - you still have to stick the ball in the net.

2) I just can't fathom how you can think he had a poor finish? I'm really struggling here.

It was in comparison to Foden, think it's also been fair to remove penalties when looking at player impact.

And I just don't think Saka was carrying us in the same way that Foden was for City during the run in. Whenever I caught their games he seemed to have become the true heir to De Bruyne.

Arsenal Quotes

The club changed so much, I changed with it and football has changed with us... But one thing never changes: the 90 minutes still belong to the player, 90 minutes during which he is king.

Arsène Wenger: My Life in Red and White

Daily Transfer Updates

Saturday, June 1

Arsenal are pushing to sign Benjamin Šeško, but no final decision has been made yet [Sky Germany]

RB Leipzig want to give Šeško a new contract to remove his release clause, with Arsenal/Chelsea/Manchester United all interested [Sky Germany]

AC Milan have made signing defender Jakub Kiwior their priority this summer [Santi Aouna - FootMercato]

Arsenal enquire about £17m-rated Barcelona defender Mikayil Faye [MailSport]

Latest posts

Top Bottom